Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-01-20, 07:06 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

T2B, Thank you so much for your big shout out to me about my 500th Peloton ride!! (at the end of last month's thread) Made my day!

(And yes, I just did #503!)

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 08:58 PM  
T2B

Dorothy - today has been a one of those days so it made my day that I made your day! I admire your commitment and I know how much you enjoy Peloton. Great job!

atticus - good to see you back here!

tangerine - thank you for the links. I looked at a couple, but not for long, cause I know how I can be. I’m not a previewer of workouts because I always find things that annoy so I have to treat YT content like workout dvds and just jump right in. It took me a very long time to try Cathe Live (downloads), too, because something about the clips didn’t appeal to me but when I started doing the workouts, I realized how much I was missing. We shall see. Thank you for putting links next to your workouts.

AnMrsDe - glad you were able to get your walks. I’m ready to move on from STS. DST is not the best time for me to do a STS rotation. I feel like I’m still adjusting to the time change. I don’t think I’ve done many cardio workouts, other than Yv2, during this whole rotation. This is my last week. I already have some rotations lined up. DD adjusted her hours, less hours. DD and I watch tv together in the evenings. She’s into yoga, Pilates, art and painting, DD also spends time zooming with her friends. One of her friends mother had Covid so the whole family had been on lock down for the last 2 + weeks (thank God mother is fine, no one else was sick in the family). We want to start walking in the evenings but it hasn’t happened yet, way too much OT this week for me.

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy May!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 05:56 AM  
atticus
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
. . .
atticus - good to see you back here!
Thanks, T2B! Since it looks like the gym where I swim will be closed for a while yet I am mixing things up with my workouts a bit more and like the visual. It's also fun to see you all and your fun workouts!

Hope you all are well and staying safe!
Old 05-02-20, 06:29 AM  
Cher

Dorothy, wow 503 Peloton workouts! Fantastic! I’m so envious of you having a Peloton! I never did quite get all the anger over that Peloton commercial back around Christmas. If DH bought me a Peloton for Christmas, I would love it and be so happy! Lol

T2B, great job with STS! I wish I could actually stick to a rotation like you do! Good news that DD friend’s mother recovered and nobody else in the family got sick.

Tangerine, your walk by the lake sounds wonderful!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 01:24 PM  
shoegoddess

MAY 2020

PiYo/Fusiono
Cardio
Strength

1. TurboKick Rd. 23
2. PiYo 47

3. Cathe Giant Sets
4. PiYo 35 + Joyful Movement Cardio
5. Turbokick Signature
6. Turbokick Rd. 50
8. Total Body Weights

12. Legs
13. Biceps/Triceps
14. Shoulders/Back
15. Turbokick Rd. 71
16. Tyrbokick Rd. 67

17. Legs
18. Biceps/Triceps + 1 Mile Walk
19. Back/Shoulders + Zumba
20. Zumba
23. Zumba

24. Zumba
25. Legs
26. Zumba

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 03:28 PM  
tangerine

T2B - no worries, I only recently started really getting into youtube workouts and even then I sometimes give up due to technical issues and use one of my DVDs. I love the variety that is being posted now, I'm a variety junkie.

I will keep putting links and notes in so I can come back and read these later since there are tons of workouts and I may never remember these again! Extra bonus if it helps anyone else.

Cher - thank you, it was nice to be at a park again, walking around the neighborhood gets same-y after a while.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 05:14 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Cher, thanks for the congrats! And just to be clear, I don't have the Peloton bike. I use an old Schwinn recumbent bike with the $12.99/month Peloton digital app. I have back issues (rods in my back from scoliosis as a child) so I don't think spinning would be a great option for me (although I've never tried it). Hey, that's a good enough reason not to spend that kind of money, right?

I've been doing Peloton rides since 2016, so...2 - 3 times/week, it's taken me this long to get up to 500.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 10:55 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Friday my allergies were miserable, so I took a rest day. Yesterday we walked Jethro and I finished pruning roses and pulling all the grass out around them. I have lots of work to do out there, and I'm definitely not in gardening shape after so little of it last year. I'm sore today. Today will be a walk.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 12:01 PM  
AnMrsDe

Welcome back, Atticus!!! Great to see you here this month! I also did that pilates workout you did on the 1st - it was good!

Glad to see everyone back for this month! Hope to see Beth, Cab, ASAS, Linda, etc, etc..... yet too!

Dorothy, congrats on the Peloton rides!! That is no small feat!!!!

T2B, good job with your soon-to-be-finished STS rotation!//Maybe you can get your DD to join our check-in!! haha There's a lot on youtube right now---all she needs to do is read Tangerine's check-in, LOL. We'd love another VF'er!

Chrys, I know the feeling - I just want to scratch my eyes out--they itch so bad!!

Good luck to everyone for consistency this month! Safety/wellness as well!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 01:28 PM  
atticus
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Welcome back, Atticus!!! Great to see you here this month! I also did that pilates workout you did on the 1st - it was good! . . .
Hi AnMrsDe! Thanks for the welcome back! It's fun to be here! I really enjoyed that fusion workout! Appreciated the link from the GD.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Tags
just the workouts