Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-20, 07:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I just discovered my new favorite calming yoga. Eoin Finn just recently released on Vimeo Stay Om Yoga, a 47 minute yoga practice with bits of Tai Chi in it as well. It is pure MAGIC. The poses, the pace, the background, the music...I felt SOOO GOOOD both mentally and physically afterwards. He offered a sliding scale fee with discounts on his FB page for those affected by job loss.
I was hoping for DVDs, since I'm a dinosaur & don't stream.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 08:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I really like Travis Eliot Ultimate Yoga Yin Yoga. It is fantastic. He also has a 30 and 60 min yin yoga practice on his youtube channel, i believe.
My favorite as well.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 09:16 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Is this power yoga, or more mellow? Thanks!
Sherry, it’s more mellow. There is some flow, but definitely not power yoga. A lot of hip and chest opening.
Old 04-19-20, 10:39 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Sherry, it’s more mellow. There is some flow, but definitely not power yoga. A lot of hip and chest opening.
Thank you! I may purchase it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 06:48 PM  
Sollamyn

I've been looking at my yoga DVD collection lately, trying to come up with titles with words like 'stress relief,' 'calming,' and 'relaxation' in them. So far, I've tried the following practices:

Barbara Benagh, Yoga for Stress Relief, 15-min. restorative poses (can't remember the exact title of the practice, but it was something like that). She uses a few folded blankets as props.

Rodney Yee, Complete Yoga for Beginners, Yoga for Relaxation (20 mins.). He uses two yoga blocks as props.

Rodney Yee, Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief (I did three practices from this one--Gentle Relaxation, Restore & Rejuvenate, and Soothe and Stretch. Each was about 20 minutes long.) The first two practices use a chair as a prop. The third uses no props.

I really liked all of these practices. Some of the Rodney Yee's in particular were very meditative, relaxing, calming. If you are looking for something with more movement, though, look elsewhere.

I'm planning to do more on an almost daily basis to help with my nervousness and restlessness during this rather stressful time. I've got to stop stress eating!

Donna
Old 04-20-20, 07:36 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Anyone have the Ali McGraw DVD? I found that I have it; remember doing in the 1990's. Will try it soon.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 08:50 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Anyone have the Ali McGraw DVD? I found that I have it; remember doing in the 1990's. Will try it soon.
The Yoga Mind and Body? That one always felt pretty tough to me. It was one of the first yoga workouts I ever tried, and honestly I found it a disappointment as a beginner to the whole thing. Not really what I needed for instruction.
Old 04-20-20, 08:58 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
It’s a classic, I love it. It’s not restorative though, not vinyasa but definitely an active practice.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 12:42 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Not yoga, but Lee Holden has a DVD called "Qi Gong for Deep Sleep." You can try a floor stretch and breathing segment that is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyLWf-oNJT8

You can't go wrong with Lee.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 12:43 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
The Yoga Mind and Body? That one always felt pretty tough to me. It was one of the first yoga workouts I ever tried, and honestly I found it a disappointment as a beginner to the whole thing. Not really what I needed for instruction.
I agree. It was lovely to watch, but way beyond my beginner level.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 day fit yoga, alan finger, favorite yoga, gentle yoga, rainbeau mars, restorative yoga, rod stryker, stretching, yoga, yoga zone