Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-06-20, 06:47 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

So Peloton started doing something new today: they showed my rank on their leaderboard after I finished my ride. This is weird because I'm an app-only rider, that is, they have no metrics on me for any particular ride beyond the stats I gave them when I signed up 5 years ago (sex, age, height, weight).

They've always shown an estimate of calories burned (based on my stats, I would think), but their number is always lower (say 50-100 cals) than my bike or my Fitbit shows.

Anyway, my leaderboard standing was awful (19,290 out of 19,444)! Obviously, I'll just ignore it; I'm doing my workouts for myself, burning calories & staying fit. But it did make me feel a little

Thanks for letting me vent.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 10:31 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
So Peloton started doing something new today: they showed my rank on their leaderboard after I finished my ride. This is weird because I'm an app-only rider, that is, they have no metrics on me for any particular ride beyond the stats I gave them when I signed up 5 years ago (sex, age, height, weight).

They've always shown an estimate of calories burned (based on my stats, I would think), but their number is always lower (say 50-100 cals) than my bike or my Fitbit shows.

Anyway, my leaderboard standing was awful (19,290 out of 19,444)! Obviously, I'll just ignore it; I'm doing my workouts for myself, burning calories & staying fit. But it did make me feel a little

Maybe they rank all the ones they don't have info on at the bottom?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 11:49 PM  
Tammie M

Cher, I am glad your results were good. Waiting for results is so scary.

T2B, I'm enjoying getting back into the vintage step workouts. I love the choreography challenge and they are so fun. I'm trying to do one a week.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 09:05 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm going to do some sort of a cardio workout this morning, then go to Salt Lake to see Dear Evan Hansen. DIL says I will need tissue because it's about high school kids and suicide. I'm already teary all the time so I'm taking a whole box.
Dorothy, that would drive me nuts too. When I've had a low steps week, I don't look at my fitbit board because it makes me upset.
TammieM, as soon as my endurance is back I'll tackle some old step workouts too.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 09:57 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:

Warning: Mushy/gushy reading ahead:

Dorothy, I'd take that with a grain of salt. YOU know YOU'RE working out to your best potential/ability, and that's all that matters in the long run, right? Don't feel sad, you are such an inspiration here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We work out for ourselves, I think, once we hit a certain age....just trying to be the best we can! And you are AWESOME!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 10:21 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

Dorothy, I'd take that with a grain of salt. YOU know YOU'RE working out to your best potential/ability, and that's all that matters in the long run, right? Don't feel sad, you are such an inspiration here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We work out for ourselves, I think, once we hit a certain age....just trying to be the best we can! And you are AWESOME!!!
What she said!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 10:39 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

+2

Read all your workouts and you all inspire the crap out of me.

You ..do..you...cuz you do it so well !!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 11:51 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:

Dorothy You’re at the top of my leaderboard!! Seriously, I don’t think that stuff matters but does it measure your consistency over time? A lot of people work out for a couple of months and that’s it. I’m not a competitive person so those stats wouldn’t appeal to me at all. Is there a way to turn that feature off?

Chrys I’m sorry about your Uncle

Fanofladyvols Linda does have an overwhelming about of workouts. A lot of my favorites are on YouTube.

AnMrsDe I’ll have to try Yvette’s newest. I liked the little news segment she posted too. I know that the 5:30 am classes at my yoga studio are packed, not that I’ve ever been I’m just happy to sleep until 6:30! You’re doing great working out around the baby. It can be tough with a little one, but they’re so cute!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 02:11 PM  
T2B

Cher. - Glad your test results came back clear. Which WW plan are you doing? I’m on the Blue plan but my food intake has been out of control, can’t get enough so trying to rein it in. Part of it is lack of planning. Are you taking your annual trip to Disney this year?

Chrys - sorry for your loss.

Jane - I watched the first season of Top of the Lake, or maybe it was the 2nd season, not sure. It was airing during a free Directv weekend, looked interesting so I recorded the season. Gwendolyn Christie & Nicole Kidman are in it. I had only seen GC in GOT so it was good to see her playing another role, which was odd and interesting, too. The finale of Mad Men had a scene of Peggy strolling down a hallway that was so iconic and bad @$$ that I loved so much that I paused and took a snap of it. I still have that picture in my Photos. Makes me smile every time I see it.

Dorothy - like Jane, I’m not competitive like that either so wouldn’t care. Being a contrary rebel, I prolly would have said a big curse word and called their customer service and opted out of them posting my stats. We know you’re a superstar and I’m sorry it made you sad for a bit.

Tammie - I went through my storage bin where my old workouts are stored. I have Step Till You Drop 1 but not 2. I also have Step This Way, 1 & 2. The first Step This Way is excellent but I’ve never done 2. I have a lot of Gay Gasper workouts but don’t think I’ve ever done any of them. The biggest surprise was finding a Rob Glick workout that I had been debating buying from Collage for at least a year now. I have Seasun’s first workout but only remember doing the 1st segment so I’m looking forward to learning the choreography. It’s been fun revisiting.

fanofladyvols/ Linda - I’ve enjoyed popping into the Cathe thread and reading everyone’s enjoyment of Cathe’s workouts. You all are definitely fierce!

AnMrsDe - just think you are already influencing a future generation of fitness enthusiast. Glad you’re having a good time, babies are so cute! I’m sure the parents feel good knowing that she’s in good hands. Healing vibes for your back. I’ll probably go see the new Vin movie if the reviews are good. I like seeing lots of action on the big screen.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 06:31 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Thank you so much for your kind words of support!!

Your comments really help. I know I just have to “do me.” I always have & always will.

Hope y’all know I you gals!

P.S. Got a kick out of T2B calling customer service!! Hahaha... It crossed my mind, believe me.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts