Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-19, 07:21 PM  
bubbles76

Linda - Convince me or disenable :)

So, just like that Tonique thread, I welcome all you Linda aficionados to convince me or disenable me on the following sets:
  • Endurance 100, 110 and 120 SERIES 12 Workout DVD - I hear these are Tonique lite. So far I like what i see
  • Mix and Match Series 12 Workout DVD - I just hear good stuff about these, but don't know much.
  • Upper and Lower Drop Sets DVD 9 workouts - I think i would like this is theory, but not sure. It worries me that there are no warm ups. Can I use the first set as a warm up? Or do you find you don't need the warm up? Is it really repetitive? I can take Jari Love workouts.
  • Ankle Weight and Loop Sculpt 12 Workout DVD SET - this just looks cool. Can anyone tell me about it?

Thanks
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 08:02 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Hi Bubbles, I would like to enable you regarding at least the first two sets on your list as I have them both. They are excellent and get tons of use, especially the Endurance ones (yes, I am like a broken record). I don't have the last two sets but they sure sound good.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 08:24 AM  
Verine
VF Supporter

Hi Bubbles. I agree with Donatella's recommendations. I haven't done the ankle weight and loop set you mentioned, but in general, I find her focused loop workouts very difficult. I would imagine that the double loop series included in the set would be very hard. I believe the ankle weight series is available for free on You Tube, so you might want to try one first before committing to the purchase.

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 08:38 AM  
wendug

I've done some of Linda's Endurance workouts from YouTube- the 80 and 90 series and they are tough! I'm not that advanced with Linda's workouts so I would be hesitant to order the 100, 110, and 120 series. But if you've done some of her endurance workouts from YouTube and want to challenge yourself, I say go for the Endurance set!

I'm curious about her drop set. I like this type of workout, but I've read that Linda had DOMS for days with this set!
Old 09-18-19, 10:46 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I have and love the first two sets so I'm in the enable camp!!! Get them!! They are versatile and awesome workouts. I just adore Linda!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 11:21 AM  
Hsim

I have the upper and lower drop sets. I have tried a couple of the workouts but have never managed to complete a single one from start to finish. I generally do not like endless rep workouts and that is why I am hit or miss with Linda. Also I think it is not necessary to spend that much time working on one body part.
If you would like I would gladly send you the set if you send me a stamped self addressed mailer (that's what people usually ask for, right? I'm new to this.) Just PM me.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 11:51 AM  
wlorrie

My 2 cents:
Definitely get the first 2! I loves these sets and use them often.
I have Drop Set. I did it for a month but probably won't be picking it up anytime soon. The workouts are good but are long for one body part. I feel like you can get the same results in less time.
I've only tried the Ankle Weight workouts in the last set. I rotated them for about a month as well. I liked them, but I thought they was a little long too. Plus I did develop some knee stress pain from using the ankle weights so often.

Good luck with your decision!
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 01:47 PM  
bubbles76

Hsim, thank you so much! I am PMing you

Verine I wasn't aware that the ankle weight set was on youtube. Hmmm...makes me hesitate. Don't want to buy what I can get for free off youtube. Wlorrie, how heavy were your ankle weights? I definitely don't want knee strain. I worked out with Margaret Richard for months and used ankle weights, but no strain. I have tweaky knees though.

Wendug, I haven't done any of her Endurance workouts, I just like the looks of them. Kittybug, tell me more about Mix and Match. Mostly bodyweight with light weights and bands, right?

Thanks everyone for the replies, keep them coming!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 01:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yes, Mix and Match uses light weights, ball, band, things like that, but what I like most is I can create my own hour-ish total body workout by putting together whatever segments I want...it's really well put together that way and quite effective! These are also endurance type workouts like the 100, 110, 120 series but thankfully shorter than those intervals. I haven't even worked my way through all of them yet. Hope that helps!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 03:09 PM  
wlorrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Wlorrie, how heavy were your ankle weights? I definitely don't want knee strain. I worked out with Margaret Richard for months and used ankle weights, but no strain. I have tweaky knees though.
Mine were 2.5 lbs each. I don't do a lot of ankle weight stuff though. If it works for you, go for it!
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animals in background, barlates sale, drop sets, endurance 100, linda wooldridge, linda wooldridge sale, mix and match