Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-24-18, 07:16 AM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

1. How did you find VF?

Back in 1998, I was looking through the old Collage Video’s website and I saw a link for VF, the rest is history.

2. What is your favorite tip about using the Forum on VF?

I love reading about results people have gotten from various DVDs, and of course new and upcoming releases.

3. What advice would you give a newbie about being a member here at VF?

Just jump right in.

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in Me (Jesus) you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-18, 09:19 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yeah, hiding your credit cards from yourself is a good idea. I had never memorized a credit card number until I joined VF.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-18, 06:25 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks Laura for starting this thread!

1. i found the VF reviews section first while looking for fitness video reviews. there was a forum, but at the time, posts were checked before becoming live. instead, i used the old Firm forum for a long time before joining the VF forum. eventually, the VF forum allowed instant posts.

2. i might get hit with tomatoes, but i use Google to do VF searches and create tags. someone on VF mentioned this tip when i was trying to look for 3-letter terms or longer sized words!

3. i agree about joining a check-in. offer advice to get your feet wet on the forum.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 09:20 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

1. How did you find VF? I found VF in the late 90’s, through the reviews section.

2. What is your favorite tip about using the Forum on VF? My tip is to use the “search this forum” function to find threads about a topic, prior to starting a new thread. I sometimes find older threads and revive them that way.

3. What advice would you give a newbie about being a member here at VF? My advice is to post some threads and interact with members.

Good thread, Laura!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 10:39 PM  
fanofladyvols

This is a cool thread, Laura!

1. How did you find VF?
I found VF (if I remember correctly) by reading through the reviews section of Collage and some reference there led me here.

2. What is your favorite tip about using the Forum on VF?
  • Subscribe to threads!
  • Clear out your pm box.

3. What advice would you give a newbie about being a member here at VF?
  • Include the link to the old thread in your new post if you're asking a question about it to make it easier to respond.
  • Some members put quite a bit of thought when responding...please let them know you appreciate them :-)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-18, 04:00 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Every post in this thread, I go "Yeah! That's a great point."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
thanks Laura for starting this thread!

1. i found the VF reviews section first while looking for fitness video reviews.
For anyone going, "Really?", you can find them here - http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-18, 04:08 PM  
Cowgirl32

1. How did you find VF? Around 2006, I was looking for BB reviews.

2. What is your favorite tip about using the Forum on VF? Use it as a resource, but don't feel compelled to do everything, everyone else is doing. Stay the course and do you. It's fun to read about all the videos and "all the things".

3. What advice would you give a newbie about being a member here at VF? Just reply, maybe find a checkin you feel like you 'click' with. We're a bunch of good eggs who love at-home fitness.
Old 03-27-18, 05:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Every post in this thread, I go "Yeah! That's a great point."

For anyone going, "Really?", you can find them here - http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/
The old VF Hall of Fame served as my shopping list for about a year!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, how did you find vf, introductions, vf tips