Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-17, 11:47 PM  
MJ525

Is this chaptered at all, so you don't have to do a complete workout?
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 05:33 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ525 View Post
I want to know as well seeing as I just ordered it.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 07:28 AM  
wlorrie

No, it's not chaptered.
Lorrrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 09:22 AM  
bubbles76

Resurrecting an old thread, as it's on sale this week at Mary's Does the sound seem echo-y at all? I'm at work, so can't check. And is it available online on her youtube channel?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 12:56 PM  
wlorrie

It's not on youtube and it is not echoy.
Lorrie
Old 02-12-18, 01:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ525 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
No, it's not chaptered.
Lorrrie
Mary's site shows the list of premixes on the DVDs:

Quote:
Welcome to the Drop Sets Series, a complete workout system to build muscle and help you chisel your entire body. Target all those trouble zones using a drop set principle where you perform an exercise at a heavier weight before dropping down to a lighter weight. Each exercise has 4 sets of 4 rep patterns – lots of reps means maximum results!

This set includes 9 workouts that can either be used individually or can be mix and matched to create your perfect routine.

THE SET INCLUDES:

Upper Body Drop Sets (5 workouts: Biceps, Triceps, Shoulder, Back and Chest): In these workouts you will see all your favorite weights exercises mixed in with some innovative new combinations. Using different equipment you will keep your mind engaged while your muscles are burning.

Lower Body Drop Sets (4 workouts: Glutes, Hamstrings, Calves, Inner and Outer Thighs): You will perform traditional weights fused with some Pilates exercises that will sculpt your lower body from every angles. You will target all the major muscle groups as well as strengthen and define the smaller muscle fibers, to give a strong and chiseled physique.

WORKOUT BREAKDOWN:

Upper Body Drop Sets

Biceps (30 mins): You will start with standing traditional curls, move to seated hammer curls, then incline w-curls and finish with preacher curls using the ball.

Triceps (30 mins): You start with standing over head extensions, move to triceps kick backs, then lying overhead extensions no the ball and finally the killer - triceps push ups!!

Shoulders (40 mins): You start with upright rows, then side lateral raises, incline shoulder press and finally seated front raises using a pilates band and light weights!

Chest (42 mins): You start with band and weight standing chest scoops, lying chest press and flies and finish with a tough push up sequence!

Back (42 mins): You start with bent over rows, seated band and lighter weights pulls, lying overhead extensions and finish with upper and lower back combinations on the ball!

Lower Body Drop Sets

Calves (37 mins): You start with standing double leg exercises with and without weights, move to single leg work on and off a platform, and finish with seated resistance band work to really finish the calves off!

Glutes (44 mins): You start with narrow squats, move to single leg forward leaning lunges, then wider squats with feet elevated and finally hip thrusts!

Hamstrings (62 mins): You start with regular dead lifts, then single leg dead lifts, a series of table top exercises using ankle weights and a loop and then finish with wide angle hip thrusts on an elevation with a weight!

Inner and Outer Thighs (55 mins): You start with weighted wide plie squats, move on to barre plie squats with a loop, then a curtsy lunge to side leg raise combo and finally a side lying leg raise combo with the loop!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 02:54 PM  
wlorrie

Sorry, I meant there are 9 different workouts, but the individual workouts are not chaptered
Lorrie
Old 02-12-18, 03:16 PM  
TracyQ

Here’s 2lazy4gym’s review.

https://2lazy4gym.com/2018/02/09/bar...wer-drop-sets/

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 04:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
Sorry, I meant there are 9 different workouts, but the individual workouts are not chaptered
Lorrie
thanks for the clarification.

you mentioned in an earlier reply that you were going to do it 1x week for a month - how did it go?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 07:23 PM  
wlorrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
thanks for the clarification.

you mentioned in an earlier reply that you were going to do it 1x week for a month - how did it go?
Yes, I did all 9 workouts every week for 4 weeks. I don't think I'd do that again. I did enjoy the workouts, but by the 3rd week my body was physically tired. I didn't see any visible results, but push up, planks, and leg presses in other videos became a whole lot easier. I do think 45 minutes workouts were a little long, and I do wish the video had premixes and chapters so I could shorten them.

Lorrie

Tags
drop sets