Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-17-17, 07:21 AM  
Sara1000

Who has done something consistently for years?

Like walking 2 miles a day (with or without Leslie etc.) or a Classic Firm 3 times a week or maybe a Barre workout with only tiny weights for upper body (and no heavy weights on other days).

And of course, what are your results?

Thought this might be a fun thread for a bad weather Sunday, but, this being VF, there may not be anyone who has been that consistent with one particular thing over the years
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 07:47 AM  
horsemom2

I have bounced at least 20 minutes in the morning for years.

The results?
It stopped me from developing full blast metabolic disease.

(I started losing weight when focusing on an anti-inflammatory diet)

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 08:08 AM  
Sandrine

Not sure if this counts exactly, but I've worked out using one of the dvd's/vhs in my ever-expanding collection, 2/3 of the days in the month, each month for around 11 years now. But that includes a little bit of everything--step, hi-lo, hiit, weights, pilates, yoga, etc.

Does that make it consistent inconsistency?

My results? I dealt with stress a bit better, so no trail behind me of dead bodies of the people who hacked me off!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 08:20 AM  
killoffsonny

Well I've done Pilates consistently for five or six years.....at least twice a week and sometimes three or four. Does that count? I might add other things on to Pilates like yoga or barre but still do the pilate. It keeps me from having low back issues. I do classes at my gym and have bought classes at other gyms because I like the instructor. Would really like to take reformer classes but they are so expensive.
Old 12-17-17, 10:16 AM  
bubbles76

• I have done yoga one hour a day, twice a week for the past year.
  • I have stretched a minimum of 15 minutes a day for ten years.
  • I have worked out consistently 5 days a week (excluding rest weeks) for 5 years. Before Tiny Bubble was born, I was a warrior haha! But that first year he was born and the second year we moved to NJ was rough.
  • I have consistently bought or traded one dvd a month for three years

My results? As Sandrine said, it has kept the stress and body count low . Also, I've met some really awesome people through VF through trades.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 10:52 AM  
PhyllisG

Originally the Firm for many years loved their 90 day rotation. Moved on to Cathe. That was for many years but thri it all there was always yoga.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 10:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yoga. I started as a child and was off and on for a time after that, but since late 1980's it is almost daily for me.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 11:07 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I've been exercising consistently since the late 1970s, when I took up running, then I added aerobics classes, bicycling, and weights. For the past 20 or so years yoga has become my major physical discipline. I trashed my knees with running and high impact aerobics, so now I take daily walks of about an hour duration. 3 seasons a year I ride my bike a lot. I lift weights a couple of times a week.

Results--improved strength, balance, and flexibility. Exercise elevates my mood, too.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 11:14 AM  
cherimac

I have exercised consistently since 1994.

I have done Pilates consistently since September 2015.

I have walked most days since 2012. The last two are my magic bullet.
Old 12-17-17, 11:30 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

I've been working out regularly since 1983 (started with Jane Fonda on vinyl!) -- I've really never taken more than a week long break. I've been a regular runner for about 25 years, which is the foundation of my fitness routine along with Cathe for strength training.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
consistency, results