Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-17, 06:25 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you can always go unweighted if you want to err on the side of caution regarding shoulders.

for example, Element Ballet workout is totally unweighted. however, you're jumping lightly on your toes with both of your arms up! each arm is 5% of your total body weight, therefore if you're 120-130#, that's at least 12-13# that you're lifting above your head.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 08:14 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
you can always go unweighted if you want to err on the side of caution regarding shoulders.

for example, Element Ballet workout is totally unweighted. however, you're jumping lightly on your toes with both of your arms up! each arm is 5% of your total body weight, therefore if you're 120-130#, that's at least 12-13# that you're lifting above your head.
I never knew that, cool! Thanks for sharing!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 10:45 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I like Zen Sculpt the best of all of them. Slim, and Skinny both irritate my shoulders. I haven't done Sleek Sculpt Express in a long time.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 11:36 PM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

Ellen's workouts with weights annoyed my shoulders also, so I switched to using 1-pounders and now enjoy them. A good compromise for me between 2 pounds and zero
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen barrett