Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-17, 12:49 PM  
Lilypad

Ellen Barrett Sculpt DVDs

Out of all the Sculpt DVDs that she has which one do you think is a must?
Stretch Sculpt
Sleek Sculpt Express
Skinny Sculpt
Slim Sculpt
Zen Sculpt
Are there any big differences between them?
I'm looking to add one to my collection. Thank so much
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 01:27 PM  
Aunt Famous

Skinny Sculpt. SKINNY SCULPT!

Ignore the bad name. Ignore Ellen's saying "It's not SCRAWNY sculpt." It's my hands-down favorite for all sorts of reasons. It is a great combination of upper and lower body without moves that kill my knees or my shoulders. And it is 40 or 45 minutes long, but there's an easy stopping point around the 30 minute mark.

Slim Sculpt seems to irritate my shoulders. I find Sleek Sculpt Express kind of boring. And Stretch Sculpt (I think) has this lunge segment that makes my kneebones cry.

And now you know what I like. Ha!

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 02:34 PM  
cherimac

Skinny Sculpt is the most well-rounded, to me. Then Zen Sculpt. Slim Sculpt is Fat Burning Fusion with weights, for the most part. The two shorter workouts I didn't care for.
Old 07-27-17, 02:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

of your list, I reach for slim and skinny the most.

Ellen has other workouts that use weights:

Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates
Prevention Tone Every Inch (uses weights AND bands at the same time)
Self Bikini Ready Fast

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 03:12 PM  
kristiep

My faves in order:

1. Slim Sculpt ( I do agree with Cheri that it is FBF with weights, but I love it and dang it, I always struggle to do the whole thing with 3lb weights. I have to drop to 2lb at some point almost every time!)

2. Skinny Sculpt (also challenging for me to hold 3 lbs the whole time)

3. Zen sculpt

4. Stretch Sculpt (easier than the others because it's shorter; good when you need to be done quickly)

5. Sleek Sculpt Express (gives me major DOMS in my calves every time I do this one)

I also like Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates. Has a slightly different feel than her Studio workouts. It's a great all-around workout. Good toning with a cardio effect. (She does it with shoes but you can do it without like her Studio workouts.)
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 03:26 PM  
Lilypad

Awesome!!! Thanks so much ladies. I know that Zen Sculpt is on YouTube so do I really need skinny sculpt? LOL
Old 07-27-17, 04:04 PM  
kristiep

You know we have to enable you.

I have all of Ellen's workouts. Each has its strengths and I'm glad I have them for variety. I would recommend you get Skinny Sculpt. You could purchase from Totalfitness and try it. Mary has a generous return policy.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 05:07 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
Awesome!!! Thanks so much ladies. I know that Zen Sculpt is on YouTube so do I really need skinny sculpt? LOL
Nope, you don't.
Stick with Zen Sculpt and see how you like it and if the moves agree with you (Ellen's sculpting movements - Slim Sculpt specifically - killed my arms, even with 2lb weights. In fact, my left shoulder has never been quite the same.) Also see if you like the results.

If you like Zen Sculpt and want to continue by buying a DVD I'd go with Skinny Sculpt. The moves are overall safer, imo.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 05:33 PM  
sherry7899

Slim Sculpt caused me major shoulder pain. If you have any neck or shoulder issues I would avoid that one.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 06:16 PM  
Lilypad

You ladies all rock!!! Funny because I just went through my EB DVDs and realized I do have stretch Sculpt. Great to be a Vidiot!!! Forgot I had it but I think I'm going to go with Skinny Sculpt.

Tags
ellen barrett