Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-17, 10:26 AM  
bfit

Equipment for Cathe Fit Tower

What equipment do you use for the Cathe Fit Tower workouts if you don't have the actual tower? I'd like to get some of these workouts, but I don't want to buy the tower.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 02:52 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
What equipment do you use for the Cathe Fit Tower workouts if you don't have the actual tower? I'd like to get some of these workouts, but I don't want to buy the tower.
I have found these very easy to modify and not use the Fit Tower (even though I have the old Fit Tower). I do have a piece of equipment that I use for pull ups. I'll post a link to it soon. Oh - and I use a band around my feet sometimes.

Here's the link to the equipment I use sometimes instead of pull ups:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gy...e-Gym/21695198

I've had it for years and it comes in handy very often.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 06:39 PM  
Fitstick

I did the Total Body workout today using modifications. Of course you can use a chair to balance yourself. I used a step for the push-ups and my mounted pull-up bar for the pull-ups. There was a band exercise that she loops on the tower and I find that dangerous in case the band snaps. So I just used my band overhead without hooking it to anything. Overall it was ok but I would have been happier if there had been a modifier. Has anyone tried the abs and legs one using modifications? How is it?
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 11:13 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I did the legs and core one very easily without the Fit Tower and really liked the workout! Seemed very effective

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 09:44 AM  
AnMrsDe

I just got the Total Body workout and wrote a review in my check-in as how my rebounder (with the stabilizing bar) was a great substitute for the tower:

Cathe FT Total Body Workout; Bonus Abs I would rate this one intermediate based on your poundages...high intermediate if heavier weights are used. It's a fun one and I used my rebounder with bar for the tower....worked wonderfully! I sometimes had to adjust my stance but did use my pull down bar for the pull ups, although I did try them lying on my rebounder first. Cathe includes some fresh moves for the legs - getting the inner thighs good and even used my rebounder for the cross back lunges in which she doesn't use the FT. It was nice used to stabilize my body while working it with weights, holding onto the bar w/ one hand; weight in other. She works the lower body with other moves besides all traditional-type weight exercises but still keeping it not too barre-ish either. <3 The UB can be done laying on a bench but I did put my hands on the rebounder for the p/u's and dips (she uses the FT bar). And I could use the bar to wrap around for the band work...worked great. I thought the Bonus Abs was great! Probably b/c it's easier than her other ab workouts, LOL. I either put my legs on top or underneath my rebounder and it worked super for all. The planks at the end putting my hands on the rebounder and bringing in each foot, though, didn't seem like I felt it as much in the core as if I just kept my hands on the floor. Going to have to experiment with my feet position, I think. The premixes look good...glad there's an UB only premix at 30 min and one w/ abs at 40 min. And one for legs only at 28 min. Mish Mosh premixes include the workout scrambled in a diff. order; abs mixed in; workout done with some exercises repeated; and one doubled workout. So lots of premix options there. This w/o could possibly be done using a chair (or with nothing) since most of the exercises using the tower is used for support, although the band work wouldn't work but you could modify somehow, I'm sure. If you don't have a rebounder w/ a bar, YMMV, but it worked ideally for me and I'm thrilled to have an EASIER total body workout when I don't want to work so hard! The two new backgrounders did a great job. Music: not noticeable but the music when the menu is up on screen is pretty sucky! There is a music-off option, like usual. Thumbs up!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote