Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-17, 01:05 PM  
Buzzer

Dream Body Great in 8 still available to purchase!

I couldn't do a search for who asked about the great in 8 not being available on the site, however I emailed Fitness Fusion and they sent me this link:

https://sweatlabfitness.mykajabi.com/store

it is available there still! I asked if they would be available for sale to download after the challenge, and she responded:

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback - in doing the switch with the hosting company we are interested to hear what clients think about the new setup!
We will be adding the Great in 8 videos to the monthly subscription, and are considering selling all sets separately (which would include selling the 2 bump videos as a 'set' separately, the Great in 8 set separately, etc.)
If you create an account at sweat-lab.com and opt in to emails, you will be notified if we make any changes to video availability. (You don't have to purchase anything to get on the email list.)
Please let me know any other questions or feedback!
Thank you,
Annie

Fingers crossed they offer them for sale... and the Bump workouts!I would be so happy!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 01:26 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info buzzer! Actually I meant to update the other thread because I also found this link last night when searching.

That is a bit of a non-answer on whether they'll be available for purchase later...I can't stand the price tag but I think I'd rather be safe and just purchase now. I could see them just pushing streaming and it could be months before they released downloads based on their streaming success.

I'm glad I got the Bumps when I did...the first on DVD and the second on download!
Old 04-27-17, 04:52 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Thanks for the info buzzer! Actually I meant to update the other thread because I also found this link last night when searching.

That is a bit of a non-answer on whether they'll be available for purchase later...I can't stand the price tag but I think I'd rather be safe and just purchase now. I could see them just pushing streaming and it could be months before they released downloads based on their streaming success.

I'm glad I got the Bumps when I did...the first on DVD and the second on download!
This is exactly what I thought. I am debating financing myself the $200 (!!!) and biting the bullet, or if I should wait and hold onto hope they will release them. That's why I started looking into Linda Wooldridge! i'm afraid they will go exclusively streaming and I'll be left hung out to dry

I am still kicking myself for not getting the bumps. I was debating them the day before they took them down, and decided to do it the day they were gone!!! How's that for timing???
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-27-17, 05:05 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

That is terrible timing buzzer I wasn't burned with them but I missed out on the downloads at HSM and they took everything down for purchase when they went to streaming.

We used to be able to safely assume workouts would generally be available, and could purchase at our leisure, except for an occasional OOP DVD which could still be found from 3rd party sellers. But as vendors go from DVDs or downloads to streaming and they pull their workouts for purchase, I feel like it's a snooze or lose environment. I always like to wait for a deal so I'm having to decide how much I'm really willing to pay. Turns out I'm willing to pay $200 for the Great in 8 which comes up to $25 for each workout which isn't even on DVD I should have just paid for the $20 downloads from HSM when they were available, which helped drive this decision.

I love Linda not just because her workouts are awesome, but she seems totally observant and receptive that some of her clientele prefers DVDs to downloads. She gives a lot of purchase options.
Old 04-27-17, 07:36 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I sprung for the workouts but not able to download (their "download" button just plays the video on my Macbook)...has anyone had this problem?! I sent them an email. I know I did not just pay $200 for something I can't even download. Ugh just frustrated.

The workouts do look very good.
Old 04-28-17, 05:46 AM  
Buzzer

They seem pretty good about getting back quickly on their "contact us", maybe try that?

I am hedging on the $200, that's a crap ton of money and since I own all Dream Bodies except the Bumps and Great in 8, I am right now leaning away from it and hoping I can just be happy with what I have, plus the Linda's.

I also used to wait for a good deal on DVD's I wanted, I even have gotten some downloads for a good price. However, with streaming, to me it is tough to justify picking and sticking to just one type of workout/instructor or site. I sometimes jump around, and it's hard to do that if you don't have a workout to try and get you hooked! I got most of my Dream Bodies workouts well over a year or two ago, and just recently got back hooked on them by pulling the workout out one day. I couldn't do that with streaming.

I think I'm leaning towards taking my chances, and crying forever if they decide not to release them on download or DVD! I am living peacefully without the Bumps (although I will grab them if they release them!) so I will do my best to live peacefully without the Great in 8's.

I have all the sets, plus the Mixxtreme's, plus the Linda's on the way... hopefully that's enough to calm my jonesing for more!

i hope you get the download thing worked out, keep me posted! Also if you could review the workouts, I would love that! It seems like all the other threads I relied on to enable or disenable me with reviews, died. That will either reinforce my decision that I shouldn't get them, or encourage me to just do it...
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-28-17, 08:38 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi buzzer,

No response yet but I'm sure they'll write back, I did use their contact us option last night. My husband has a PC so maybe I'll try his computer this weekend, in case it's a Mac compatibility option. Although I was easily able to open/download the PDFs they have for their rotation/diet.

I will definitely give reviews when I do them! I can technically access them now (from streaming on my laptop) but would prefer to download and burn them to DVDs so I can enjoy them properly from the TV.

I would never be able to do streaming for the same reasons you mentioned. I crave way too much variety to be married to just one instructor/studio. So when companies to go streaming, they disappear from my realm of options

I'll admit I have the Mixxtremes and rarely use them I should really pull those out again.
Old 05-03-17, 09:44 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Well despite my sending three emails and receiving no responses from them thankfully I was able to do some research on how to download content from the "my kajabi" page. I had to download a new app on my MacBook which still didn't work initially but after a few tries (despite not responding, I suspect they realized they had their "downloads" on a restricted setting and corrected it) I was finally able to download all eight workouts. Yeah!

I also asked to join the private Facebook group a few days ago and haven't been granted access I don't really care that much, but trying to get the most out of my $200, you know? So yeah, not that impressed with their customer service. To their credit the initial access to the content was instantaneous after the purchase. I didn't have a difficult time at all downloading the Bump 2 workout a couple of months ago, so this was a big annoyance.

Anyway I started today with MILF, because I am having some tendonitis issues in my right arm so am not lifting any weights right now, not even 2# weights. Upon preview MILF looked like one of the least arm intensive. It is with Frannie and was 31 minutes.

Some of the things I like about the original MILF with Darby are the resistance loop and gliders which really up the intensity and variety, and the clear structure of 60 second/30 second/15 second intervals with increasing intensity (so the 15 second interval will be super high intensity). Each circuit was supposed to be for a different muscle group (i.e., inner thighs, glutes, outer thighs, abs), which the new MILF also did to some extent.

The new MILF followed a lot of this structure, some circuits had a 60/30/20 second with the last/shortest exercise being the hardest, but some circuits only had two exercises at 60/30. It wasn't a big deal or anything though. The only equipment used is 2# weights (which I didn't use today but there wasn't a lot of emphasis on the arms anyway) and most of the exercises relied on some kind of plyo squat/plie hops and burpee style jump backs into plank mixed into the moves. Definitely makes for a sweat fest in the half hour! In the last few minutes they tacked on a very quick (maybe 3-4 minute) inner thigh toning blast with more plie squats and the super tough side pull through inner thigh move that I recognize from the original Fusion workout with Darby. The workout concludes with about a 2 minute active stretch. Definitely 31 minutes well spent.

The workout wasn't as hard as the original MILF, but that isn't a complaint, the original MILF is insanely challenging! I liked how cardio intense this workout was, and the toning benefit was good too, especially for the legs. The ab circuit included jumping moves in plank pose, there was an oblique circuit with a lot of reaching sideways mixed with squat jumps, and there was not an arm circuit.

The background is sort of dim and the music was very light in the background, not pronounced at all. For a $200 system I feel the production values aren't great (as compared to their DVDs) but the content is good. I'm looking forward to trying all the others.
Old 05-03-17, 06:25 PM  
Buzzer

I'll be honest, for $200 they had better have their customer service and new web services on POINT. !!!

That's disappointing they didn't get back to you. I'm glad you figured out how to do it, but disappointed they didn't help you. If someone was doing the challenge and motivated to start NOW, that would have discouraged them and they may have moved on and away from Fitness Fusion workouts. Easily lose a customer that way, as well as they may not start working out then!

Also disappointed to hear about the Facebook group. Sounds like they are having some real problems meeting the challenge, but for $200 I would think they would be all over it! I'm sure they are more focused on the people in their studio, however since they are offering to people on the "outside", they need to realize they are people too!

I guess so far I'm glad I haven't gotten them! I got a bunch of the Linda Woolridge workouts, and am loving mixing them in with my Dream Body's so far.

So would you say the workout is on par with Sweat Lab? or with their earlier stuff? Do they recommend only doing one, thirty minute workout a day, or do you do two a day? I previewed MILF, but haven't done it. It looks hard!!! That looks like probably the most difficult DB I have. It scared me to preview it! Thanks for reviewing the set, I'm still on the fence, but more off it than on right now!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 05-04-17, 05:59 AM  
s2546

[QUOTE=Buzzer;2709833]I'll be honest, for $200 they had better have their customer service and new web services on POINT. !!!

That's disappointing they didn't get back to you. I'm glad you figured out how to do it, but disappointed they didn't help you. If someone was doing the challenge and motivated to start NOW, that would have discouraged them and they may have moved on and away from Fitness Fusion workouts. Easily lose a customer that way, as well as they may not start working out then!

Also disappointed to hear about the Facebook group. Sounds like they are having some real problems meeting the challenge, but for $200 I would think they would be all over it! I'm sure they are more focused on the people in their studio, however since they are offering to people on the "outside", they need to realize they are people too!

+ 1
sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote