Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-17, 12:03 PM  
TinaT

Because I did Piyo, I can now do.....

some of the moves I thought I should give up or maybe never master. And this is coming from a person who has been solely following the modifier. I have shied away from burpees, push ups, planks, and the list goes on. Now I feel like I can do those short segments in other workouts. Like Tracie Long, Firms, Fitprimes, etc. I still modify, but now I know how to do them safely, which makes all the difference in my mind set.

Has there been a method of exercise you've done, that has helped you with other methods? I know Classical Stretch is another one.

It's so funny,... I have these moments of being proud of myself as I'm doing modified triceps push-ups. I find myself smiling through the pain, because I convinced myself for so many years that I can't do them, and now I am.

I love hearing about methods that help achieve goals you thought you might not reach.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 12:07 PM  
bubbles76

I am convinced that because I did KBKB workouts that I developed the core strength to do crow pose. Congrats on your accomplishments!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 01:41 PM  
lithium

For the longest time I couldn't/wouldn't do toe push-ups for fear of a face-plant . After doing Barry's Bootcamp program with the oblong stability ball where you do push-ups with your feet on the ball, I somehow got over this fear.
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
piyo