Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-16, 07:41 PM  
Aurora C.

T-Tapp Question

Hi y'all! I've had the T-Tapp Basic Plus 2-DVD set for quite some time but was initially overwhelmed with how much multitasking was going on with the form in it that I set it aside. Now I LOVE multitasking! So I'm on Day 3 of doing the Instructional #1. I notice she mentions something about continuing on to Instructional #2, and maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything labeled "Instructional #2"...is it possibly labelled something else? Can anyone advise on this? Thanks!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 07:50 PM  
Demeris

Instructional 1is the first fifteen minutes, from PBS through T-Tapp Twist. Instructional 2 picks up with, I think, lunges, or maybe U swings with the legs (it's been a while since I've done the total workout).
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 10:58 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Instructional #2 is part of Total Workout. Disc 1 is Instructional #1 and BWO+. Disc 2 is Instructional #2 and the full TWO.

What is the second DVD in the BWO+ set? I think you can buy just the Instruction #2/TWO DVD if you call the office.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-16, 07:03 AM  
Aurora C.

Thanks! The set I have includes Basic Workout Plus and Barefoot Basic Plus. I have only used Instructional #1 from the Basic Workout Plus so far, and have not found time to explore any other chapters...my life requires succinctness and multitasking these days ...I think the whole having to attempt to figure out my body type is what initially deterred me from using these. I was looking for something efficient and a 15-minute workout really seemed to fit the bill! Then that other bit slowed me down to a halt with following through. I must admit after just a few days in a row I'm already seeing changes in my figure! It's really pretty miraculous!

So naturally I'd like to continue and there are so many DVDs that could potentially suit me. I could use some advice on what to go for next. Over the winter I kind of slacked off and now I'm in a hurry to lean out. I'm back to taking walks with my dog weather permitting so I'm thinking the Step Away Super Set may be a good fit that I can implement into what I already do, but my BFF recommends Tempo Torso, which is the only T-Tapp she has, and she does it exclusively whenever she needs to slim down quick, so I'm liking the sound of that too - she's a super busy person and always looks lean and tight. The Ladybug also appeals to me as I've always seemed to look 3-6 months pregnant no matter how fit I've been throughout my life. No doubt it's hormonally related, I think the only time I have a flat belly is about 3-7 days after the first day of my period. And I'd love to lean out my arms which have tended to bulk easily and have been resistant to even multiple rounds of TA and Ballet Beautiful.

The thing is, I thought I was getting a 15-minute workout and none on offer seem to be listed as that brief. Even the Instructional #1 I've been doing is more like 25 minutes. Which ones are short in duration but pack the most bang for the buck as far as leaning out the tummy/waist/back fat, upper arms and inner thighs?

Thanks for any further input!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-16, 07:20 AM  
killoffsonny

There's a barefoot workout? One of the reasons I haven't gone back to T-Tapp is because I hate putting on shoes for workouts. I'll have to look into this. I don't see how it would work though.
Old 04-13-16, 07:33 AM  
Demeris

Tempo Torso is a wonderful workout. You will need, however, to master Instructional 2 before you progress to Tempo Torso.

I apologize for not reading your first post carefully enough. If you own Basic Workout Plus, you do NOT have Instructionals 2

Killoffsonny--the Barefoot is right around 30 mins and is Basic Workout Plus done carefully and slowly with careful attention to foot alignment. I love it. I really love it. In fact, and I don't know whether this is a no-no or not, I do Healthy Hormones, Turn Back Time, and almost any T-Tapp workout that doesn't have balance moves barefoot, now.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-16, 09:43 AM  
TamiT

I love the barefoot basics dvd too. I haven't been able to do all of the hoedown showdown section (seriously, 55?!) but have managed to work up to 10 sets. I always do the hoedowns with shoes but now that I know what to do with my feet I prefer working out barefoot except for balance or thread needle moves

I also love doing the brain body floor workouts and core floor without shoes.
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-16, 01:35 PM  
killoffsonny

[

Killoffsonny--the Barefoot is right around 30 mins and is Basic Workout Plus done carefully and slowly with careful attention to foot alignment. I love it. I really love it. In fact, and I don't know whether this is a no-no or not, I do Healthy Hormones, Turn Back Time, and almost any T-Tapp workout that doesn't have balance moves barefoot, now.[/QUOTE]

Ok I'm intrigued. It's been so long since I've bought any T-Tapp workouts. I have quite a few but other than doing the BWO now and then when my back is bothering me I haven't really done much t-tapp
Old 04-13-16, 03:16 PM  
killoffsonny

Forgot to ask............does this have any upper body work? I love T-Tapp arms. Or I used to.
Old 04-13-16, 11:51 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora C. View Post
Thanks! The set I have includes Basic Workout Plus and Barefoot Basic Plus. I have only used Instructional #1 from the Basic Workout Plus so far, and have not found time to explore any other chapters...my life requires succinctness and multitasking these days ...I think the whole having to attempt to figure out my body type is what initially deterred me from using these. I was looking for something efficient and a 15-minute workout really seemed to fit the bill! Then that other bit slowed me down to a halt with following through. I must admit after just a few days in a row I'm already seeing changes in my figure! It's really pretty miraculous!

So naturally I'd like to continue and there are so many DVDs that could potentially suit me. I could use some advice on what to go for next. Over the winter I kind of slacked off and now I'm in a hurry to lean out. I'm back to taking walks with my dog weather permitting so I'm thinking the Step Away Super Set may be a good fit that I can implement into what I already do, but my BFF recommends Tempo Torso, which is the only T-Tapp she has, and she does it exclusively whenever she needs to slim down quick, so I'm liking the sound of that too - she's a super busy person and always looks lean and tight. The Ladybug also appeals to me as I've always seemed to look 3-6 months pregnant no matter how fit I've been throughout my life. No doubt it's hormonally related, I think the only time I have a flat belly is about 3-7 days after the first day of my period. And I'd love to lean out my arms which have tended to bulk easily and have been resistant to even multiple rounds of TA and Ballet Beautiful.

The thing is, I thought I was getting a 15-minute workout and none on offer seem to be listed as that brief. Even the Instructional #1 I've been doing is more like 25 minutes. Which ones are short in duration but pack the most bang for the buck as far as leaning out the tummy/waist/back fat, upper arms and inner thighs?

Thanks for any further input!
Congrats on your quick results. Check the other chapters of your BWO+ DVD. One of them is the 15 min workout - it's the same exercises as the instructional without as much instruction. That should set you up for a while. There are testimonials on the website where people got unbelievable results with just the 15min workout, including with all of the areas you mentioned. I think this is also the shortest workout that could be considered a full workout. In addition, consider adding in the OIP/HF exercise for your abs. Here is the printed instruction on the website. It is also on the DVD that came with the book, which I found very helpful. If you don't have the book, you might consider picking it up off of Amazon, and also there is a 30% coupon in the back of the book you can use for your next purchase when you are ready.

Since you are concerned with hormonal balance but short on time, you might want to look into the CRT Skin Brushing packages. The idea is that skin brushing helps move the lymph along, which in turn helps clear excess estrogen out of the body. The sequence takes about 5 minutes and T recommends doing it 1x/day. There is an option to just buy the DVD+brush, but I bought the Deluxe package which includes some of her supplements. Since supplement talk is forbidden on VF, PM me if you are interested in hearing my results.

When you want to try something new from BWO+, you have lots of options:
1) Work through the Barefoot Basic + instructional and workout for a while. The form tips in this are great and can be used on other workouts even with shoes on. Or like Demeris', once you get familiar, you can do other workouts barefoot IF they don't have balance moves (so for TWO you have to use shoes. Same with the Tempo workouts, Ladybug standing, etc.)

2) If you are concerned with optimizing hormonal balance with your workout, try Healthy Hormones Menopause Management. The instructional is 47 minutes but the workout is only 27 minutes long. It has many of the newer form tweaks and is more accessible that Ladybug, which would require you to be familiar with TWO.

3) You could get the Instructional #2/TWO DVD, and work up to doing TWO. If time is an issue you can break it up (both the instructional and the workout), just making sure to start your section with PBS each time.

4) Or you could get one of the newer workouts which Teresa refers to as Brain Body Fitness series workouts. This would include: Senior Fit, Turn Back Time, the soon-to-be-released First Step. And for floor work: Brain Body Fitness Floor, Core Floor. Of these, SF seems to turn people off, but I think it is amazing. Most people pick up TBT instead and they get a lot of the form tweaks in SF, and it does also have a floor routine, so it's a good value. People report getting great results from BBF-CF, but it is 50 minutes long. BBFF has three routines each 20-30 minutes long which might work better for you if you are short on time.

5) Of the Step Away Super Set, I only have Step Away the Inches, but I'm not sure if I would recommend it if you are just looking for something to learn the T-Tapp walking form for you to incorporate in to daily life. SATI is a 23 minute walking workout, and you can learn the form tips from it. But its kind of boring. In addition, honestly I have found better tips on walking form than T-Tapp. Walking in real life the way she does in SATI doesn't feel natural to me. Other techniques feel more relaxing and I feel my body involuntarily relax and energize when I use them, where as the SATI way I feel tense, contrived and usually can't even keep it up. Don't get me wrong - I love T-Tapp and I did SATI one winter 5 day a week for 4 months. I used to turn it on silent and make a playlist of music to listen to. It is a great workout. Just not sure I recommend it outside the workout room.

But if all you want is the tips, by any chance do you have the TappCore DVD? It has a short section of T-Tapp walking. It also has 8 other exercises that you can use as an add-on or do as a sequence for funsies. If you don't have it but want it, I have an extra copy - PM me and I can let you have it for a SASE. On the other hand, if you want want to pick up a couple of walking workouts to mix it up with BWO+, then the Step Away Superset would be a great value.

ETA: One more thing to remember, to help your budget - Teresa runs sales throughout the year: Deep Discount Tuesday once a month, occasional random sales to promote something, some years she does a birthday sale in August, CyberMonday, and some years a December stock-up sale too. So if you don't need something now, don't feel compelled to buy it now. Its easy to feel some weird T-Tapp FOMO and need to buy a new workout or new supplement to target something. Really if you are consistent with BWO+, do daily skin brushing, you are probably getting at least 80% of the benefit you can get or better. And those workouts that target something are all just a tweak on BWO+, so just sticking with it a while and being consistent is doing yourself a big favor in the long run. Then when you really feel ready to try something new, you will get more out of it since you sort of built up a base with BWO+.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
t-tapp