Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-15, 11:06 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Only 4 combinations are on the website now so far, but more will be coming (including pink combos). In the meantime they say if you want to come up with your own color combination you can do so over the phone.

Yelly, are you keeping other cords besides the x-strong?
Yes, I'm keeping all the others (Medium, X-Strong, and Ultra). I love the Mediums for a softer bounce. Right now I have alternating X-Strong and Ultra, and I'm really loving that combo too. I plan on switching to all Ultras when I work up to TA's rebounder videos (I'm not quite there yet, ha ha!) The Strongs were fine, but I prefer the bounce of the X-Strong for everyday.
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-15, 11:11 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
Yes, I'm keeping all the others (Medium, X-Strong, and Ultra). I love the Mediums for a softer bounce. Right now I have alternating X-Strong and Ultra, and I'm really loving that combo too. I plan on switching to all Ultras when I work up to TA's rebounder videos (I'm not quite there yet, ha ha!) The Strongs were fine, but I prefer the bounce of the X-Strong for everyday.
That's so cool, having the 3 strengths. How does Medium compare to Strong?
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-15, 11:27 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
That's so cool, having the 3 strengths. How does Medium compare to Strong?
Hmm...to me, the Mediums are just the perfect ones for a nice soft deep bounce. If I'm remembering it right, I felt it much more in my calves with the Mediums compared to the Strongs, and it's harder to keep up with videos for sure, using the Medium. I don't know, it just felt kind of redundant for me to keep the Strongs since they fell right in the middle of being a perfect soft bounce (the Mediums), and the perfect everday bounce (the X-Strongs). I just didn't feel any need to keep them. Hope that makes sense, ha ha!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-15, 11:28 AM  
sherylb

Here's some good news, I spent about an hour on the bellicon yesterday (not all at once) and today I am sore in some "good" places
sherylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-15, 08:31 PM  
raeven

I seriously need to stay out of these bellicon threads. Mixed colored cords now!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-15, 08:34 PM  
sherylb

I have another question for you....

I did a Leslie 2 mile workout on the rebounder which was difficult and I can normally do 4 miles on the floor. Free style bouncing/jogging is difficult after 5-10 minutes and I am sweating. My butt is pretty sore today so I know I have been working. Are my bands too firm, should this be easier?

Is this the reason that the DVD that it comes with is a series of 10 minute segments?
Old 06-11-15, 09:06 PM  
spotted zebra

Sheryl, some VFers prefer Ultra cords in order to more easily keep up with workouts. I haven't been able to try out the Ultras yet but plan to get some.
Old 06-11-15, 09:09 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
Thanks Yelly. I preferred the X-Strong over Strong too, which is why I ended up returning my Strong cords even though they were fun to try out.
Old 06-11-15, 09:17 PM  
sherylb

So are you saying firmer is easier? So ultra would be easier that xstrong and xstrong is easier than strong?

I like what I have now, I just feel like a wimp for not being able to do a lot. Maybe something to work up to?
Old 06-11-15, 10:19 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylb View Post
So are you saying firmer is easier? So ultra would be easier that xstrong and xstrong is easier than strong?

I like what I have now, I just feel like a wimp for not being able to do a lot. Maybe something to work up to?
Hoping Cheryl and Yelly will join in the conversation as they've tried more cord strengths than I have.

Athletes who are a lot more athletic than I am sometimes train by running on sand at the beach - the sinking of the feet while running makes them have to work harder. Less sinking = quicker movements allowing for faster paced workouts. I still love the idea of a bouncy mat for straight bouncing (ie. X-strong cords rather than Ultra, or Strong rather than Ultra). This is where having more than one cord strength for different purposes helps. The reason I preferred my X-Strong cords over Strong was that at the time I wanted to keep just one cord strength and the X-strong cords gave more flexibility - the ability to both jog and bounce. I couldn't jog using the Strong cords. I was used to the very firm mat of the Urban Rebounder prior to that which made athletic workouts and running easier, but didn't make for comfortable bouncing for very long. Even X-strong cords on the Bellicon have more bounce than the Urban Rebounder and it's definitely more work and gets me sweating more. I'll be interested in comparing the Ultra Bellicon cords to the UR I used to have once I get them.

Here's a Youtube video of a cardio workout with fitness instructor Arnita Champion who uses Ultra cords with her 39" Bellicon. To give you a sense of how her Ultras differ from what you have. I wouldn't use Ultra for straight bouncing sessions since I personally want the fuller range of vertical up and down movement of the body for more lymph movement (and I'm fascinated by the idea of trying out Medium cords like Yelly has). But for some workouts Ultra looks promising to me for my purposes anyway. YMMV. I once ordered Ultra cords but then the order somehow got cancelled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2K-xtvt5_E

Do you still have your Strong cords? If you do you can try jogging using the Strong cords to see how much harder you have to work vs using the X-strong cords. I don't have the commitment of those athletes running on beach sand - for me that would be too much work.

ETA: Give yourself credit because you are working harder and you're definitely not a wimp! :-)

Tags
bellicon, mini trampoline, rebounders, rebounding