Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-15, 10:49 PM  
yahoo205

Total Body Barre Advanced BUT MIN equipment Weight ? Focus Abs Core Butt Glute Arms

I'm going to be travel traveling for a while and would like to do some Advance Barre that is Total Body (or close) that really works:

-Inner Thighs
-Butt and Glutes
-Back
-Abs Core Lower Abs Transverse Abdominis Abdominal Muscle
-Back of Arms Triceps

I'd love it if it was intense enough that it gave me strength, toning, and a cardio effect all in one.

I guess I have room for a ball (especially since it doesn't weigh much). I could bring 5 and maybe 3 pound weights. I did some Hilliard Studio method and they used 8 pounds which was great but I don't think I want to lug 8 pound weights also. Would prefer not to use a band.

Also Body Weight recommendations welcomed. I don't think I'll be able to jump so can't do any plyo type stuff.

Leah Sarago Ballet Body is probably perfect but I haven't done it in so long and don't remember enough about most segments to come up with something.

Below is another link of advanced barre recommendations.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...Advanced+barre

Thanks!
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-15, 10:33 PM  
yahoo205

Anyone?
Old 05-15-15, 12:21 AM  
fatkat555

What about Bar Method streaming?

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-15, 07:23 AM  
momofcha

Pure barre results seat & PB results abs

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 05:43 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Pure barre results seat & PB results abs
THanks! What equipment is required?
Old 05-17-15, 07:59 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
THanks! What equipment is required?
This should help: http://www.purebarre.com/shop/pure-r...d-package.html

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 08:28 PM  
neatski

I know that Barre3 doesnt usually come up in discussions of "advanced barre" but I am an advanced exerciser and have found that my Barre3 practice has contributed immensely to my results, both in terms of my strength and endurance and in terms of my leanness. When I started, I thought they were really easy, but that is so deceiving, because once you get good at them, they are SO tough and effective. Now I literally pant and drip with sweat through a lot of them. There are definitely some online ones that are more challenging than others, but they get harder and harder the more you do them. They are all functional, work the entire body and do less isolational work than typical barre workouts, which to me fits your criteria because there's more emphasis on training the body as a whole and working the cardiovascular system. I think their online streaming is one of my greatest fitness discoveries of all time.

Since getting into Barre3, I've done other barre workouts both live and streaming, and while I felt the "burn," none of them made me feel as good and as worked in my whole body like Barre3

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, barre, butt, core, glute, glutes