Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-14, 09:22 AM  
donnamp

Oh, that is great news about the studios, I think there is a Barre3 studio in D.C. - I can see if they would mail them to me....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 02:31 PM  
Rhonda

I have sent an e-mail to Rodale and we will see what they say about sending me something I did not order. When or if I hear back I will let everyone know.

I told them that I did not order this set, that I was browsing for the prices and then clicked the "red x" in the corner to get out that I never clicked the order button.

Here is the e-mail I used
Rodale Customer Service
customerservice@cdsfulfillment.com
800-848-4735
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 05:25 PM  
mbramer

Because I'm now frightened of even looking at the Rodale website, and the nearest Barre3 studio is 2 states away, I asked Mary at Totalfitness if she'd be carrying these. She said no. So maybe I'll try the Barre3 studio if I decide I really want these.
Old 02-28-14, 02:52 PM  
flowerpotcat

Bumping. For those who ordered these, have you received the dvds yet? How are they? Thanks!
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 03:01 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
this happened to me, too!! I put in my name/address just to see what prices were, if there was more info, etc, BUT I NEVER hit "confirm" or put any CC info. Next thing I know it's coming in the mail - to be billed later - but, still!! How did that happen? That just really CREEPS me out. Like Big Brother or something weird! Not to mention, unethical. Ok, rant over...
[/B]
I would think if you didn't submit an order and they send the DVDs you are not obligated to pay for them. I would email them and demand a return shipping label. I really don't see how they legally can make you pay. Seems pretty sketchy to me. I will never order from them.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 05:40 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpotcat View Post
Bumping. For those who ordered these, have you received the dvds yet? How are they? Thanks!
Apparently you don't need to limit it to people who ordered them.
People who thought about, and then didn't order them, have you received the DVD yet?

How bizarre.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-14, 12:13 AM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I would think if you didn't submit an order and they send the DVDs you are not obligated to pay for them. I would email them and demand a return shipping label. I really don't see how they legally can make you pay. Seems pretty sketchy to me. I will never order from them.
I posted this link in another thread - yup, the Federal Trade Commission says, "If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift":

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ed-merchandise

They do recommend writing a letter to the company, in case there's an issue or it was an honest error ...
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 02:18 PM  
Scorpio6

Update

FYI -- I ordered the ab dvd and the book, so impressed with the book I have now ordered the 2-dvd set that goes with it. Have not previewed the ab dvd yet but it says it has (3) 10-minute ab workouts on it. I will report back when I preview the dvd.

The basic idea with this workout according to the book is to master the one foundational 10-minute routine of her favorite sculpting moves and one 5-minute stretch. Then everything else is added onto that week by week. There are about 5 more workouts plus a couple of bonuses. The book gives a schedule, has journal pages, about 150 recipes, cheat sheets with pictures plus detailed movement breakdown including variations and modifications. There are also personal stories of the people who tested this and how the workout affected them. I also found Sadie's personal fitness story very interesting, as far as the challenges she had to overcome which led to the creation of barre3.

Personally, with having inherited hypoglycemia, I found the majority of the recipes too high in carbohydrate and too low in protein to suit my taste, although there were a very few that looked good enough I would like to try. However, vegetarians will be happy with these recipes and it's Sadie's way of encouraging ppl to eat more plant foods and whole foods. There's no diet, just encouragement to swap out processed foods for whole foods. therefore, the food substitutions were what was responsible for the testers' weight loss, nothing to do with weighing food or counting calories. The recipes look fairly easy.

Some days you are only supposed to do 10 minutes, some days you do 40 minutes but you are encouraged to fit in 10 minutes at a time instead of doing it all at once because of the increased calorie burn and fitness benefits according to latest research. The book is very well done, and has a non-intimidating, helpful encouraging vibe. Sadie's goal is to help ppl make fitness an enjoyable, easy, do-able part of daily life instead of something that gets put off during times of stress.

Sadie tells how the Prevention Ballet Bootcamp workout (also sells the dvd on her website) she did in 2012 and the feedback from that helped stimulate her and Prevention to create this more comprehensive workout. I definitely get the impression that this "Love Your Lower Body" workout is the culmination of what she has been working towards fitness-wise for the past 20 years, the best of her best.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 02:28 PM  
donnamp

scorpio6 - thanks for sharing! I'm officially intrigued. I hope Rodale has a sale soon - I will cave for sure then!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 02:46 PM  
Ann1964

I like the BARRE3 app for my Iphone
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre3, love your lower body, prevention magazine, rodale unwanted package, sadie lincoln