Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-13, 07:55 PM  
4leftlimbs

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions! It’s been really helpful.

It’s funny ‘cause I had forgotten that earlier in the day, before posting my question yesterday, I had downloaded one of the Jessica Smith video and Finding Your Core. My crappy memory rarely fails.

I really like Tanja Djelevic as an instructor, but the two workouts I have of hers (I think one’s called Cardio Burn Sculpt and the other was a dvd that came with a Gaiam Body Bar I bought) was a little too easy for me. I’m a bit apprehensive in buying another of hers, though I have seen one or two of her balance ball dvds really cheap at a discount store – though I think they’re gone now.

I also really like Kimberly Spreen – her one dvd I have, Cardio Combat Surge, was what got me into kickboxing. Before her, I was kinda meh about it, but her kickboxing segments on that workout were so much fun. I’m not sure I want to do stability ball workouts in 10 minute segments, but I’ll keep the dvd in mind as a possibility (as well as the Laura Hudson one). I may change my mind.

Love the Coregeous suggestion! Therapy and stability ball in one! I had wanted this dvd some time ago, but I didn’t have any of the equipment needed (except a mat) so I decided to forget about it. Now I’ll have to get those therapy balls and yoga block (which wouldn’t be a big deal)!

Ditto on Fitness Fix. I’ve been eyeing this one for a while.

The Cathe Stretch Max dvd is also something I’ll keep in mind. I don’t have any of her dvds. This is definitely not a Cathe workout I would be overwhelmed by (which is a good thing)!

I don’t think I want to get an entire set (Supreme 90 & Dream Body) just for one workout. For some reason, the Supreme 90 clips I’ve seen seem drab enough to me that it doesn’t seem motivating. And Dream Body seems too fast pace, from what I remembered. In the same vein, though completely different type of instructor, Mindy Mylrea’s workouts seem frenetic to me, though I didn't check out the stability ball one in particular.

I’ll have to research all the other recommendations! Really appreciate all the help!
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 07:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Answering my own question: here is the Bernadette Giorgi workout. I put it in my wishlist!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 07:57 AM  
PhyllisG

Michele Carmichael has a 30 min stability ball workout and a 30 minute band/tubing workout on JetFuel.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 08:22 AM  
mrsyancy

I believe Chalene Johnson has a couple of stability ball workouts. I have actually been wanting to buy these, but have never gotten around to it
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 03:09 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
They are older and out of print, but Gunnar Peterson's Core Secrets series is a really good set of videos that utilizes the stability ball. You can find various ones on Amazon or Ebay. I also think some people have a few for trade on the Exchange here
Back when stability balls were new and trendy, I bought a bunch of workouts. My favorite was actually a ball-focused episode of Sharon Mann's TV show (I am jealously guarding my VHS I taped off of Exercise TV... even tho' we no longer have a VCR! )... but after that, the Core Secrets set got far and away the most use. I actually got really great results doing a 6-week rotation of TaeBo and Core Secrets. It's been, oh, ten years (??) since then, so I don't remember the routines specifically, but the original kit came with a nice set of flashcards. I would often do them as add-ons after my TaeBo, or run through them all 3x while watching TV in the evenings.

I keep thinking I need to break that set out again!

I will say, stay far away from the Stability Ball for Dummies DVD (way too much downtime between moves) and Denise Austin's (can't recall the name), which is crazy advanced and complicated (I did it once, after doing Core Secrets for weeks, and was so sore I couldn't move the next day. Ugh.)
Old 09-25-13, 03:25 PM  
Chomper

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but Cathe Friedrich's Total Body Trisets gets a lot of use out of the stability ball. Not every exercise, and sometimes you're just sitting on the ball doing bicep curls. She also includes the ball a lot in her older total body strength routines Supersets and Push Pull (which come on one DVD).
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
core secrets, met-rx, met-rx 180, stability ball, stability ball workouts