Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-13, 01:10 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Bee, it is Mindy Mylrea? Put these on the back burner and enjoy your live sessions with Mindy. Not too many of us get this opportunity.
Yep! It's an awesome opportunity, for sure. Mindy is a hoot, very inspiring, and gives a tough workout! I do miss my other workouts, but this won't last forever. And, pssst, I may be in an infomercial (though part of me is hoping to be cut!)
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 07:48 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

bee, have fun working out with Mindy!! DVDs will be there when you're done.

I can't speak of results since I only do DB once a week. I also haven't been weighing or measuring myself. But I'm another one that mixes DB, Tonique (also once a week as cardio), TA (2x a week), Buti (once a week), Ultimate Yogi (once a week), Rip:60, and various cardio. My current rotation is to do some light weight/bodyweight toning and cardio everyday (except if I'm really busy at work then I alternate them). I try to fit in some flexibility too so that's why I do Buti and Ultimate Yogi. I try to fit in a Classical Stretch Season 8 episode when I can. Some of the workouts like DB, Tonique, Rip:60, and Buti can count for both toning and cardio.

I did DB Tabata today and I really enjoyed it.
Old 03-14-13, 09:04 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Yep! It's an awesome opportunity, for sure. Mindy is a hoot, very inspiring, and gives a tough workout! I do miss my other workouts, but this won't last forever. And, pssst, I may be in an infomercial (though part of me is hoping to be cut!)
How exciting, Bee! I love Mindy's personality. She really is special. I would love to see YOU in an infomercial, so I hope that you're not cut.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 09:15 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
How exciting, Bee! I love Mindy's personality. She really is special. I would love to see YOU in an infomercial, so I hope that you're not cut.
I will let you know when I know. I was filmed after the first week but then not the second opportunity. Others have lost a lot more weight than I have (because of their/my starting point) but I think they do like me in that I am one of the oldest ones in the program so they can hit that audience, too. We'll see!!

Back to Dream Body -- since today the Mindy group is meant to do cardio on our own, I did Bikini Bootcamp -- I really like that one! I was sweating like crazy even with my sliding glass door open. This was my second time doing it and it did seem a fair bit easier this time -- I held two pound weights instead of one. I love the toning work on the floor -- I really tried to channel Miranda and really stretch my legs for that and boy I really felt it!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 09:49 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
bee, have fun working out with Mindy!! DVDs will be there when you're done.

I can't speak of results since I only do DB once a week. I also haven't been weighing or measuring myself. But I'm another one that mixes DB, Tonique (also once a week as cardio), TA (2x a week), Buti (once a week), Ultimate Yogi (once a week), Rip:60, and various cardio. My current rotation is to do some light weight/bodyweight toning and cardio everyday (except if I'm really busy at work then I alternate them). I try to fit in some flexibility too so that's why I do Buti and Ultimate Yogi. I try to fit in a Classical Stretch Season 8 episode when I can. Some of the workouts like DB, Tonique, Rip:60, and Buti can count for both toning and cardio.

I did DB Tabata today and I really enjoyed it.
Helen, with the exception of Rip:60 I have all your other workouts and I have been trying to figure out a way to include them all in a loose rotation. You may have answered this question already but I'll ask anyway: You said you aren't sure about results with just DB but are you seeing results with this combination?

Bee, yes, they do seem easier on the second go around and the instructors don't sound as frantic to me. Yet, I still wish they would stop to take a deep breath once in a while! When I did a couple weeks of 3 DB workouts a week I lost 2 pounds, and that was during TTOM - when I usually gain 5! I need to do these more often.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 10:51 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post
Helen, with the exception of Rip:60 I have all your other workouts and I have been trying to figure out a way to include them all in a loose rotation. You may have answered this question already but I'll ask anyway: You said you aren't sure about results with just DB but are you seeing results with this combination?
I don't know since I haven't weighed or measured myself in a long time. I'm mostly just doing this rotation because it's what I feel like doing at the moment. I also wanted to use my new workouts, e.g. Tonique, DB, Buti, TA, etc. I do know that my body is build for endurance (long distance runner in HS and did 5Ks/10Ks later). So I tend to lose more weight with steady state cardio for longer periods than I do with HiiT. So this rotation fits that too since I'm not killing myself and I'm doing cardio everyday.
Old 04-22-14, 01:48 PM  
js70

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I am using them along with Tonique BTM and Hipcentric, with an occasional random workout thrown in.

In the past few weeks I dropped about 5-6 lbs. I didn't really have weight to lose. To be totally honest I also gave up coffee and diet soda completely in this time frame. I was only drinking one cup coffee per day +unsweetened almond milk and stevia, and a diet Dr Pepper every couple days, so I don't think eliminating them should make such a big difference. Still, I have read that these substances can cause weight gain so thought it worth mentioning.

I was already fit looking BUT my thighs are showing nice definition down the sides. VERY pleasing! Another thing is my feet are now stronger and more graceful. When moving through ballet positions I was previously not able to have such a strong point or transition as quickly and crisply. Hope that makes sense! I am happy with it anyway.

The workouts are fun and challenging.
How many times a week do you do DB? And if so, is it in consecutive days? would you mind sharing the rotation? What is BTM? I see people talking about it, but I don't know what it is. Thanks!
js70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 02:22 PM  
Tugger31

I'm excited about this thread! I just received my Dream Body Cardio set and just today went out and bought 1 & 2 lb dumbbells and a playground ball. I'm planning on starting these in about 2 weeks, after I finish running my first ever 5K I want to rotate these with Tonique (I have Energy Mat and BTM) and yoga. I would like to keep up with my running (just started running about 3 months ago), but I'm good with only doing 2 miles once a week. I'm not and never will be a hard core runner. I like what it does for my thighs though!

Do most of you have the original set or the DB Cardio???

Any current or upcoming Check-ins forming??
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 03:06 PM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by js70 View Post
What is BTM? I see people talking about it, but I don't know what it is. Thanks!
Sylwia Wiesenberg's Tonique Born To Move
http://www.amazon.com/Tonique-Born-M...ywords=tonique
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 04:57 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by js70 View Post
How many times a week do you do DB? And if so, is it in consecutive days? would you mind sharing the rotation? What is BTM? I see people talking about it, but I don't know what it is. Thanks!
Hi, not doing this anymore, but I was doing 3 days of Dream Body and 3 days of Tonique, alternating back and forth. Tonique Born to Move has 3 workouts so I just did each once per week. For Dream Body I picked which one I felt like doing but usually Fusion, Fusion Mix, and Barre. So just DB, Tonique, DB , Tonique and so on. I had nice aesthetic results from this combo. I moved on because I got bored.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body, dream body fusion