Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-12, 10:10 AM  
bubbles76

Question on Amy Bento Drop Set Strength

I like Amy Bento and have enjoyed using her previous strength routines. I also like Cathe’s Pyramids, and usually only go up or down, so I like the idea of Amy’s Drop Sets. I’m interested in Drop Sets and hope to make a trade, but I have a question. I would only be able to use this as a split routine, as 90 minutes of strength just isn’t going to happen for me.

I see from the breakdown at Mary’s that, while the premixes are very long, I could easily skip a chapter from each premix and still get a good workout (each body part is a chapter right?). Does anyone here do that, and is it annoying? Are the premixes very good? How does it compare to Cathe's Pyramids, going up or down only?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 10:34 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have it and have never done the whole thing at once. Each muscle group has its own chapter so you can mix and match however you want. One thing it does not have, that Cathe dvds have, is a chapter for each individual exercise. It's only chaptered by muscle group, so once you start working a muscle group you would have to ff through any exercise that you wanted to skip.

I have never used the pre-mixes as is. I just work the muscle groups I want to on a given day.

Some of the exercises are done in unusual ways. I have to modify some of them because of back issues. However, nothing is so out there that you won't enjoy the workout, and the exercises are different from those in the pyramid workouts.

Pop me a PM if you have any specific questions.
Old 09-27-12, 10:35 AM  
horusosiris

Bubbles-Since Drop Sets is so long I have only done the full workout once. I use the chapter menu to select the individual body parts or sometimes I use the premix menu to do multiple body parts (chest, shoulders, tris, or back bicepts etc,). Drop Sets only pyramids down- heavy weight less reps to ligher weights - more reps.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-12, 03:45 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Love the work out but was super disappointed at the lack of chaptering and premixes. Where are the timesavers with one exercise per body part? There were so many possibilities and you get three not particularly useful premixes, i.e. you could easily make them yourselves with body part chaptering. If you're willing to fiddle around with ff'ing, you can make it more time efficient, but I really don't know what Amy was thinking by not, at the very least, chaptering.

Donna

Tags
amy bento, amy bento ross, amy bento strength, drop set strength, drop sets