Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-12, 04:12 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
i'll have to find me a euro 2 coin.... i know for my f11 i used this BIG HONKIN screwriver cuz it was thick... but it wasn't ideal....

my new HRM come today and it's so purdy! i only wish that the design was pink not orange...... oh well... i just knew i didn't want purple! (pink i would done... purple... nopers!) i'm surprised how small the watch it! way smaller than my f11!!!
I didn't know they have orange. The purple/pink is what I have, and it's actually a nice color.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-12, 04:30 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Yes, I do have a Fitbit. Trust me, it's one of the best fitness purchases that I've ever made. LOVE IT!
Have you had it long? I know many here have had problems with theirs. Is yours a newer model perhaps? I'm still trying to figure out how it could be so useful a tool as everyone seems to think it is. I guess I wonder if it might help me in some way.
Old 05-25-12, 04:52 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
I didn't know they have orange. The purple/pink is what I have, and it's actually a nice color.
no... not orange... orange design... it's black but on the sides of the face is a small design and it's orange (i kept hoping my monitors were off... even though both home, work and my iphone showed orange!)

i didn't choose the purple that's available cuz on my monitor it looked really close to what my f11 is.... however looking at different pics just now while looking for a pic of the black to post... it looks like the purple is more pinky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ft60.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	3410  
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-12, 05:18 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Oh, that's pretty, much prettier than mine. Hmm,......................thinking................

ddj, I haven't heard about any problems here recently. I bought a Fitbit Ultra in December and started using it in January. It's extremely accurate. The only problem I had, which happened two weeks ago is that the holder broke. Fitbit sent me two new ones within a week for free. They are an outstanding company to deal with. The do warranty it for a year.

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
Hope Fimiani
Old 05-25-12, 08:22 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Oh, that's pretty

isn't it!!!!!????? sooooooooooooo different than my F11! even the band is so pretty!!!!! i loved the futuristic look of the F80... but with the bad reviews... i think i'm going to be happy i got the F60.... and it's not huge! it actually fits on my wrist so much better then the f11! (sorry to keep comparing it to that but it's what i've been using for the last few years!

i will say one thing i'm not thrilled with, but will get used too.... i liked having both my HR and calories on one view whereas with the FT60 it's one or the other....

currently it's 140.69 at amazon.....
Old 05-30-12, 11:08 AM  
caligurl

oh MY!

so i wore my new HRM on saturday for our long hike.... i thought it was odd that i didn't appear to be burning many calories compared to the last time we did this particular hike (and we added on a hard section of bouldering that i absolutely HATED!) i had remembered my calorie count being really decent when i did it last time wearing the F11....

sunday's workout also showed a lesser calorie count but it was a short and easier workout so it didn't really flag anything yet....

so then monday i did KBKB which last time, when wearing my F11 showed me as burning 800 calories when doing power and strength together.... when wearing the new FT60.... it was only 1/2 that!!!????

now both are polar so you'd think that the calorie count would be similar???? i hit the polar boards looking for answers and apparently quite a few people notice this huge drop in calories burned!

so my question (that you can't get a straight answer from polar for) is which HRM is/was right? the F11 was supposed to be such a **** hot monitor... and now the FT60 is supposed to be the shizznits....

UGH! even "funnier" is, i think it was the tapout thread... i had commented on a post where someone was burning these huge amounts for those workouts... wearing the F11 i wasn't anywhere near those amounts... i can only imagine how low the FT60 would register!

yesterday and this morning i decided to put both HRMs on to compare... HUGE differences! not quite half as fewer cals... but evough to be significant!

so which HRM is showing me the correct calories burned?
Old 05-30-12, 12:02 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I hope to high heaven they're all wrong. Every HRM I wear says I burn squat. Maybe that's why I'm getting so bloody fat.

Seriously, a lot depends on what data they use. I always get a lower calorie burn for my HRM's than I do for the Pilot on my Revmaster. I believe the Polars consider your gender and the Pilot does not. I always figured that's what made such a difference there.

So, did the FT60 require more or less data during the set up?
Old 05-30-12, 12:27 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
So, did the FT60 require more or less data during the set up?

that's the kicker! the same!

and from what i could gather when researching before buying it.... the FT60 was recommended as a replacement for the F11!?

even the VO2max test is waaaaaaaaaaay different between the 2 polar HRMs!

i could see the difference if i were going between two different brands... i know there'a a huge different between my garmin edge vs my polar (garmin edge show way more colories burned! lol!) but i never considered them too reliable for caloires any ways... i wanted the edge for all the cycling info and most expecially the GPS)

heck... even when i had my polar 720i the calorie count was right there with the F11 (and whatever one i had prior to the F11... forget the name of it now?)

i know no HRM is an exact representation of calories burned... but i expect(ed) that within a brand that they could be closer than that... UGH! GRRRRRRR

i'm wondering if i need to try a different model and see if it's closer to the F11?
Old 05-30-12, 01:03 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Cali, did you set it up with your resting heart rate?

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
Hope Fimiani
Old 05-30-12, 01:53 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Cali, did you set it up with your resting heart rate?
yes.... i set it all up with all the info did the fit test, etc....

i found a thread where they are talking about adjusting your age based on your true BMR making sure to use your fat%.... but i never had to do that with the F11 and if i really have to do that... that irks me

Tags
heart rate monitor, heart rate monitors, heartrate monitor, hrm, polar