Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-12, 09:05 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Any of you receive your set yet? Thoughts? What are the workouts like...how long are they...etc?

Thanks for any info, this is the next set on my wish list.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 02:35 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

They have a longer clip on the MetRx site now that shows more of the workouts. I'm still slightly interested, although I don't need the equipment or the "bonuses".

Anyone receive the set yet?
Old 06-05-12, 11:06 PM  
lorajc

I just got mine yesterday. It's basically a straight up weight lifting system. If you like to lift heavy, you'd probably like it. He talks between sets enough to set up for a heavy set.

From glancing at the booklet, it appears that you start by doing Total Body 12-15 reps, and then you go into the Shaping Phase which is a Pyramid and then the next phase, it looks like you do pre-exhausts and different techniques, as many as you can do in 30 seconds, etc. and more pyramids. I believe this is called the "Definition" phase. There are 2 cardio workouts and I think 2 kickboxing, as well as a stretching DVD. I've not had time to preview anything, but I did do a total body workout yesterday and I don't think I lifted heavy enough.....so you can lift heavy....cuz I used anywhere from 5's to 17's and it wasn't enough.

More as I have time.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 11:22 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I just got mine yesterday. It's basically a straight up weight lifting system. If you like to lift heavy, you'd probably like it. He talks between sets enough to set up for a heavy set.

From glancing at the booklet, it appears that you start by doing Total Body 12-15 reps, and then you go into the Shaping Phase which is a Pyramid and then the next phase, it looks like you do pre-exhausts and different techniques, as many as you can do in 30 seconds, etc. and more pyramids. I believe this is called the "Definition" phase. There are 2 cardio workouts and I think 2 kickboxing, as well as a stretching DVD. I've not had time to preview anything, but I did do a total body workout yesterday and I don't think I lifted heavy enough.....so you can lift heavy....cuz I used anywhere from 5's to 17's and it wasn't enough.

More as I have time.
thanks lorajc. Even tought I didn't expressed too much interest at the beginning, I like some of the things that you mentioned. I'm working out at my work gym now where I can go heavy and we have a TV too.

I'll like to see a breakdown of each DVD, but there is nothing on their web page. Anyhoo, Body Beast is coming soon but is always good to know
Old 06-05-12, 11:32 PM  
Getfit

I am still waiting for mine to arrive, I didn't receive a shipping notice but my credit card was charged on Friday. Hopefully, I will receive it within a day or 2.
Old 06-06-12, 06:58 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Thanks lorajc!

I'd love to hear your thoughts and Getfit's thoughts on the set after you've done a few of the dvds. Are all the workouts 30-45 minutes in length?

Thanks,
Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 09:57 PM  
Getfit

I just opened my box. It says 8 lbs, I guess that is why they charged $24.95 for shipping. I wish systems would give you the option of ordering just the DVDs or all the extras if you want. I really don't need a new ball, my ball I received with Turbo fire on the ball still works well for me especially since it is a smaller ball. How many tape measures and fat calipers do you really need along with the resistance bands. The packaging is the same as Les Mills, Turbo Fire, JNL fusion, etc. At least the case opens up pretty wide so you can slide the DVD out with ease which means no scratches . I just listened to the motivational DVD and I really feel motivated to use the system and set my intentions . Now I just need to figure out how to work these in with JNL Fusion which I am loving right now especially since I can do it in the morning and I still head to the gym after work.
Old 06-06-12, 10:27 PM  
Getfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getfit View Post
I just opened my box. It says 8 lbs, I guess that is why they charged $24.95 for shipping. I wish systems would give you the option of ordering just the DVDs or all the extras if you want. I really don't need a new ball, my ball I received with Turbo fire on the ball still works well for me especially since it is a smaller ball. How many tape measures and fat calipers do you really need along with the resistance bands. The packaging is the same as Les Mills, Turbo Fire, JNL fusion, etc. At least the case opens up pretty wide so you can slide the DVD out with ease which means no scratches . I just listened to the motivational DVD and I really feel motivated to use the system and set my intentions . Now I just need to figure out how to work these in with JNL Fusion which I am loving right now especially since I can do it in the morning and I still head to the gym after work.
Just reviewing the materials, I am impressed with the nutrition guide 102 pages, fitness guide 126 pages and the 90-day tracker 195 pages. The tracker is a really awesome journal. You know what workout you do each day, how many blocks are in it, what exercises you will do based on the block, etc. Each day you have a place to track your number of reps and the weights you use and there is a note section for each day. Each day on the fitness tracker is 2 pages.

There are 3 phases:
First Phase - Conditioning phase (days 1-30) - Foundation
Second Phase - Shaping Phase (days 31-60) -Re-shape, re-sculpt and re-energize every body part.
Third Phase - Definition Phase (days 61-90) -Supercharge your body and burn lean muscle.
Old 06-06-12, 10:35 PM  
lorajc

Oh...I was gonna say, rip your DVD package apart if you don't want scratches! I took the first 3 out and they got scratched, so I ripped all of my sleeves so that the dvds come out without getting scratched up. I don't care what it loooks like!!!

I did a barre workout tonight, but I might try a shaping or definition one in the next few days and maybe a cardio one. I meant to mention that the instructor guy has a very inspiring physique.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 07:13 AM  
katmom

Any idea regarding how many of the workouts are 60 minutes in duration? I exercise in the morning before going to work so my time can get crunched quickly if I work out for an hour then one of the cats gets sick.

Tags
breakdowns, frank sepe, met-rx, met-rx 180, www.metrx180.com