Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-12, 09:17 AM  
SpiritYogi

Met-Rx 180 Program

In the recent (Spring 2012) issue of Met-Rx, there was an article on a new program -- Met-Rx 180 Transforming Every Body Program. I have no plans to order it myself, but thought I'd post it here in case others may be interested. If it has been posted before, I apologize; nothing came up when I searched.

https://www.metrx180.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 10:17 AM  
fagiles

It looks interesting, but I have already purchased about 4 systems thus far this year.

Felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 10:23 AM  
woodmouth

Wonderful. Dooes not post outside USA. Hooray!!!!
woodmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 10:42 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Details in MetRX online mag, $25 off coupon

This seems pricey at $145. Considering the recent deluge of programs priced at $20-50 and widely available at retailers, I'm not sure how well it will succeed.

The "system" includes a stability ball and one resistance tube w/handles.

There's a full 6-page article in MetRX's online magazine that also contains a $25 off coupon code (use promo code SP12MXM at checkout, code expires on June 30th).

Here's whats on the DVDs (all workouts are instructed by Frank Sepe unless otherwise specified):
1. Getting Started
2. Nutrition & Supplements
3. Conditioning Workout #1 (Total Body Circuit 1) & Conditioning Workout #2 (Total Body Circuit 2)
4. Conditioning Workout #3 (Total Body Circuit 3)
5. Shaping Workout #1 (shoulders, triceps & abs) & Shaping Workout #2 (back & abs)
6. Shaping Workout #3 (quads, hamstrings, glutes & calves) & Shaping Workout #4 (chest, biceps & abs)
7. Definition Workout #1 (shoulders, triceps & abs) & Definition Workout #2 (back & abs)
8. Definition Workout #3 (quads, hamstrings, glutes & calves) & Definition Workout #4 (chest, biceps & abs)
9. Cardio Tactics #1 (beginner) & Cardio Tactics #2 (advanced) with Anne-Marie Amatulli
10. Kickboxing with Kimberly Heinz
11. Stretch & Refresh
12. Advanced Abdominals

Somehow I can't see what makes this system different & worth $145...
Old 05-01-12, 11:03 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
This seems pricey at $145. Considering the recent deluge of programs priced at $20-50 and widely available at retailers, I'm not sure how well it will succeed.

Somehow I can't see what makes this system different & worth $145...
That is exactly why I have no interest in ordering it at this time.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 11:10 AM  
Cammie-Cam

I liked the clip but I have NO more plans to buy any more sets/systems in the near future and 145 is way too much. Also there is no mention of length of these workouts. For 145 these should at least be a solid 45-60 minutes each.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 11:13 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I think it looks pretty decent. Hmm...do I order or not?

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 11:29 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie-Cam View Post
I liked the clip but I have NO more plans to buy any more sets/systems in the near future and 145 is way too much. Also there is no mention of length of these workouts. For 145 these should at least be a solid 45-60 minutes each.
I looked through the FAQs on the website and it states that the workouts range in length from 30 minutes to one hour. So I'm guessing the first phase would have the shorter workouts?

I wish they had a longer clip up so we could get a better feel for the instructors. I like the set though, it's nice and bright. Ugh, all I need is ANOTHER set (since I'm going to order the Herbalife 24 one soon).

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 11:31 AM  
icebergslim

The clips remind me of the many moves in Supreme 90 Day which costs 19.99 and less at many outlets. And why is it 25.00 to mail this item? The shipping is over the top, IMO.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 11:36 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I looked through the FAQs on the website and it states that the workouts range in length from 30 minutes to one hour. So I'm guessing the first phase would have the shorter workouts?

I wish they had a longer clip up so we could get a better feel for the instructors. I like the set though, it's nice and bright. Ugh, all I need is ANOTHER set (since I'm going to order the Herbalife 24 one soon).

Kathy G
Kathy,

It seems you and I have been on the same wave length lately with all these sets..I'm interested in Herbalife 24 as well, just waiting on more reviews!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breakdowns, frank sepe, met-rx, met-rx 180, www.metrx180.com