Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-12, 10:47 PM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
Never lost a workout, BUT I lost a t-shirt in 7th grade and still want to know where in the world it went. I need closure. (It was a GUESS t-shirt, guys, k?) Seriously, I still want to know where it went.

And this doesn't really count, but if it makes anyone else feel better, often times I go upstairs and find myself on the landing wondering why in the world I came up here.
You're making me want to scan my workouts and make sure they're all accounted for, lol.
well I know what you mean...I just wannnna knooooowwww
ok...I'll cease the whining...
k & that did make me feel a bit better LOL
but please do not go looking...
you will surely NOT find one & you will join us in our battiness...
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 07:23 AM  
andtckrtoo

I have my workouts in two places, and I sometimes search frantically for a workout in one place when it's in the other. I will hold off on working out until I find THE one, though, which is annoying as I have limited time in the AM.
Old 07-16-12, 07:58 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I have my workouts in two places, and I sometimes search frantically for a workout in one place when it's in the other. I will hold off on working out until I find THE one, though, which is annoying as I have limited time in the AM.
I do the same thing!!
then when I am not looking for it, I suddenly find it.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 11:01 AM  
BunnyHop

I don't have as much trouble with workout dvds, but I do this with music cd's all the time. SO maddening.

I've finally learned to just put all the holiday music by the player in the living room, since that's the one time of year we actually use that stereo.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 12:39 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Yes! I couldn't find my beloved Coach Troy's Runervals 1.0, looked and looked, and then re-purchased it, only to find it eventually.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 01:03 PM  
gigi

I'm currently going crazy over Advanced Turbo Fire which I'm RENTING from kineticflix!!!!! You should have seen my craziness last night and I ended up not getting my workout in as I was DETERMINED to find it and never did then it was too late for a workout.
Old 07-16-12, 01:16 PM  
txfitmom

I have also lost several things in the process of moving. I lost at least some books, etc...no big deal though since I have so many. Don't know where the stuff goes since we always moved ourselves. One time lost my favorite pair of pajama pants (they had cats on them so I was kind of sentimental about them). Looked for them forever, but could not find them. Weird thing is one day my mom wanted to know if I wanted something she had bought on the clearance rack that she had stored for a while but forgot about, turns out it was the exact same pants! That was the weirdest thing ever.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 01:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I do the same thing!!
then when I am not looking for it, I suddenly find it.

Barb S
i think it's all part of a procrastination tactic on my part. i think what i have to do is before the week starts, make a schedule, gather the videos, and force myself not to get derailed or distracted by extraneous circumstances (like not being able to find a video).

i think organizing the DVDs also helps to mentally put your mind at ease. mine are about 90% organized.

the good thing that resulted from this is i came up with a small stack of amazon trade-ins and posted some "share the wealth" items.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 02:05 PM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
My MOST frustrating times are when I lose the note that was supposed to remind me of something.
LOL!
OMG, me too!
What really bothers me the most....I put things in a place that makes "sense", so I will remember where I put it. The problem I have is what makes sense to me one day, doesn't on another. I'll find it much later and think..What was I thinking?! It's a strange place to be inside my brain.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 02:35 PM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
LOL!
OMG, me too!
What really bothers me the most....I put things in a place that makes "sense", so I will remember where I put it. The problem I have is what makes sense to me one day, doesn't on another. I'll find it much later and think..What was I thinking?! It's a strange place to be inside my brain.
aahhh this place feels like true confessions...I am just like this too...I think that is why I am even more frustrated because I have made an effort to be organized...but apparently the organization part of my brain shifts around a bit tooooo much...you don't know how many times this past weekend I have looked over my DVD boxes w/the 'its got to be in here somewhere!' rant running through my brain
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dreams - weird, hurricanes, misplaced items, old thread alert, vidiocy