Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-21, 05:56 PM  
Leonana

I babysat on Thursday. She turned 5 a few days ago! She's still a rambunctious one, and keeps me on my toes! I did the WS1 Cardio Interval before they arrived. So I did my volunteer filing yesterday, and then had lunch at Panera with my friends. I didn't get a workout in, but I rode my exercise bike for 20 minutes, and did Jessica's Gentle Yoga Total Body. Today was WS1 Total Body, with 5, 8 and 10's.

Today is two weeks immunity for me. Woo hoo! Just in time, since Arizona has removed all restrictions. Although, most businesses still require a mask. But almost everything is open now, including schools.

Liz, that's awesome you stuck with Pahla for so long. Sorry to hear about your WFH ending. It's too bad they can't let you work from home some days.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm sure my body was telling me to take it easy. I'm pretty sure my stomach upset was nerves. Although I didn't need to be nervous about a reaction. I hope you are able to WFH.

Pam, I didn't get a burst of energy either. Although I did sleep good because of the fatigue. Very interesting about your arms. I hope you get some good sleep tonight.

Donna, my dd and her friend have a move in date of June 14. I'm slowly adjusting to it, although sometimes I feel really sad. But she is only going to be three miles away, and her Starbucks is just one mile away. I'm feeling relieved that she is close. We are hoping to stay in touch with a weekly dinner. The funny thing is her future roommate grew up just one street over from us, but they never met. Of course, dd was homeschooled, so it's not surprising, just funny that she lived so close. They met at Starbucks, which is close to our houses.
Old 05-09-21, 06:44 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I couldn't sleep for some reason so I did an early TG workout. It rained most of yesterday so I did some decluttering. It's supposed to rain again later but be nice the rest of the week, so it'll be back to yardwork for me.

Donna, Your company is doing the right thing by downsizing the office. I wish mine would realize they should do the same thing, but they've always been behind the times so I don't have any hope that will happen. I'm planning to talk to my boss again this week about permanent work from home. The problem is, only two of us report to her and the other person has been working remotely for years so I think my boss doesn't want both of us working remotely because then she won't have anyone to boss around in person. If she doesn't approve it, I'm not sure what I'll do. I've been working there so long that I don't really want to leave, but having to go into the office just to satisfy her ego is ridiculous.

Sherry, NJ is not fully open yet and I don't think we will be anytime soon. We still have a mask mandate and more businesses are open. If they drop the mask mandate, I may never go out again! Or I'll just continue to wear one. Even though I'm vaccinated, I still feel vulnerable.

Waves to Pam and Liz!
Old 05-09-21, 07:11 PM  
Leonana

Today is a rest day. Or a lazy day! DD gave me a mug and a nice card for Mother's Day. She is taking me to Ulta later. And we always have take out on Sundays, so no cooking!

I've been reading the Lift and Shift monthly check ins on Jessica's blog. They make me want to start it again. Very enthusiastic posters. I think I will try it again in June, but have two days in between strength workouts.

I am planning on painting our bedroom next week, so that will put a hold on workouts. After dd moves out in June, I plan to paint her bedroom. So that will put a hold on Lift and Shift.

I posted before about our friends that live in the over 55 trailer park, and how they came down with Covid. Fortunately, they didn't have a severe case. However, now their next door neighbors have it. The wife is really sick. She's 69, with no thyroid due to thyroid cancer treatment. They are both Covid deniers and refused to get the vaccine. I'm so sorry they are sick, but honestly, it makes you wonder about people.

wishiwasinhawaii, I understand. I think of myself as moderate. I didn't deny that it was serious, and would get the vaccine, but I didn't quarantine strictly either. I avoided large groups this past year, but I did associate with a few friends, and shopped in stores with a mask. DH and dd are essential workers, so I was exposed from that. I'm still surprised I didn't get it, since four people I was around came down with it. However, those four were of a political persuasion to deny the seriousness of the pandemic, and interacted with large groups. Of course, with the variants, it's more contagious now. I guess I'm ready to get out, plus I'm exposed anyway from my family. I'm going to take my chances with the vaccine. However, I think I will still avoid large groups.
Old 05-10-21, 08:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I forgot to post yesterday....

Ellen - Prayer Flow
Outdoor walk - it cleared up enough for DD and i to take one of our longer outdoor walks. We also picked up take out from a new (to us) restaurant. It was a little pricey, but good food!

Today was:

Lucy Wyndham- Read (LWR) - Feel Fabulous for Summer (FFS) Challenge Day 1 -

This was an 11 min cardio/tone - all body weight. But surprising raised my HR and an 8 min standing abs routine.

She is offering another free challenge this month and I decided to try it out since i'm at loose ends about what I want to do workout-wise these days.

You do repeat the cardio workout for 6 days but the toning workout is different for each day.

https://www.lwrfitness.com/summer-ready-challenge/

So, we shall see how long I stick with it.

I added in Caroline Jordan's Recovery Day workout for some stretching.
And, if time and weather permit, I'll probably go for a walk later

Sherry - That is terrible about your friends neighbors. I have not gone many places since COVID - just the necessities and I'll probably stick with that even being vaccinated. Although i can see myself eating out in a restaurant w/ outdoor seating during the summer and if I have to go into a store I will feel more relaxed and less anxious about getting in and getting out as fast as possible. Hopefully more people will continue to get vaccinated as I'm sure that will greatly help to reduce the spread of the virus. It is a shame that this became such a political issue. I have waves of sadness about my DD going off to college next year. I mean, I'm happy for her, but it is still a little sad for me. Next year she probably won't even be home from Mother's Day. But, I hope she has a good time, makes friends and is successful there....

wishiwasinhawaii - my DH is miserable about having to go back to the office next week. It is ridiculous since his bosses are in NY anyway. I just hope we truly don't have to go back in regularly. I can't even imagine it now.

Waves, Pam and Liz!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 04:10 PM  
Leonana

Today was Cardio Party on the schedule, but I wanted something different. I'm taking a page out of your book, Donna! I subbed in Ready, Steady, Go from Burn Fat, Have Fun.

I'm not sure when I will paint the our bedroom this week. Goodwill tomorrow, a dentist appointment on Wednesday, filing on Thursday, and Friday lunch. I think I will start on Friday, then paint on Saturday and Sunday, and that will also give me Monday. I might have tomorrow free, however. My friend is getting vaxed today, even though she had Covid last November. She was planning on getting it, but hadn't got around to it. I guess her neighbor being so ill scared her. So, she might not feel well on Tuesday. If that's the case, I'll start on painting tomorrow. I want to get it done before dd moves out. Once she moves out, I want to paint her room, and put new flooring in.

Dh has all kinds of plans for the backyard. He wants to put in a French door in our dining room, as it faces the side backyard. Then build an outdoor kitchen there too. He's going to do the patio first, then the roof. The French door last. I guess it would increase our kitchen and dining space, to have an outdoor space. At least in nicer weather.

Donna, I'm sure your dd will do well in college. That's nice you both were able to take a long walk and get takeout. It sounds like fun. I'm sorry about your husband having to go back to the office, that stinks. So, LWR uses no dumbbells, and her workouts are less than 15 minutes? Do people get results with her workouts?
Old 05-10-21, 06:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Hope all of you mother's (Donna and Sherry) had a wonderful Sunday of celebration!

I haven't done anything since Friday. We did some estate sale shopping with lots of walking around on Saturday. Was feeling lazy on Sunday...and again today....so nothing. My sleep has been so off, either getting to bed way too late or up too early because of the cats. No energy again today.

I do worry about my mom who hasn't been vaccinated yet. Since she's disabled and without a vehicle she doesn't get out much. I keep sending her information on appointments available in her area and she doesn't seem to take it seriously, but her lack of mobility complicates things, too! I'd like to get a caregiver for her, but not sure they are working with the elderly yet and hard to know who's been vaccinated, etc.

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 07:23 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I did a TG workout and I will mow the lawn during lunch.

Donna, It's ridiculous your DH has to go back to the office. I'm planning to discuss this with my boss tomorrow and tell her I want to do full time WFH and see what she says. I want to get this in place now or at least know where I stand if she refuses to approve it. For me, WFH is a deal breaker at this point. If she won't approve it, I'm ready to walk. Only two of us report to her and the other person has been working remotely for years, so I suspect my boss just wants me in the office because she thinks it will look bad for her if the two people who report to her are both remote. But that's not my problem.

Sherry, It's too bad your friends didn't take it seriously. I think the way you've handled it is fine. A lot of it also depends on where you live. Where I am, since we were hit so hard at the beginning, we had a lot of restrictions that other states didn't have. Even now, we still have quite a few that other states have dropped. I personally am ok with it since I don't go out much anyway, but I'm afraid of the day when the mask mandate is dropped. I will still continue to wear a mask, even though I'm vaccinated.

My nephew is graduating from college on Friday. I still can't believe it. The ceremony is online and we're going to go out to dinner after. I haven't been in a restaurant in so long I'm going to feel like Rip Van Winkle!
Old 05-11-21, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night my DD and I went for a walk - I like walking in the evenings, it is very relaxing/calming.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Ballet Sculpt
Ellen - Quick Cardio
Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc Routine Part 1

I may do a LWR workout this afternoon or maybe walk again.

wishiwasinhawaii - good luck, I hope you are able to work something out about WFH.

Pam - where your mom lives, are there any in-home vaccination providers? That may be an option - or contacting the local health department to see if they have a service that can vaccinate homebound seniors.

Sherry - that was a good substitute! I feel a bit lost w/out a rotation to follow - yes, I know I said I'd follow LWR, but I'm not thrilled w/ the idea of doing the same workout every day...for a week. I may pull out the WS 1.0 template and start from the beginning and plug in workouts that fit the day's theme. It sounds like you have a lot of home improvement plans on the horizon!

Waves, Liz!

Donna
Old 05-11-21, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Oh, I haven't eaten inside a restaurant since March 2020! I think it was March 12th to be exact!

Donna
Old 05-11-21, 12:23 PM  
Leonana

No Goodwill today with my friend. She got her J&J vaccine yesterday. She has some body aches, but doesn't feel too bad. But we are skipping, she wants to rest understandably. I didn't get my workout in. But I did make it to one Goodwill. I'll do the WS1 workout tomorrow.

I bought paint and supplies for our bedroom today, but I'm going to wait until Saturday to paint. I have a dentist's appointment tomorrow at 1:00, and don't want to have to stop in the middle of painting. Thursday is my volunteer filing. I think I'll prep the room on Friday. There will be a lot of little stuff to move out of the room, which I'm not looking forward to! But the walls look bad, it really needs to be painted. I had painted the house at the beginning of the pandemic, except for the bedrooms. With dd moving out, I want to do her room, but I'd like to get ours done first. It's a good distraction!

Donna, your evening walks sound nice.

Pam, that's too bad about your mom. I get email updates from my city, and the last one said that 70% of the elderly in Arizona have been vaccinated. I'm sure most of the caregivers are vaccinated, they were in the earlier phases. And now there are appointments available, as demand has dropped.

wishiwasinhawaii, lol on Rip Van Winkle. We ate a lot of takeout this year. We did go out to a restaurant twice in the past year, but one of those was a couple of weeks ago. We went out to breakfast. We hadn't been out to breakfast since December 2019! It was Christmas morning.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy