Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-22-21, 12:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Tue 4/13 49 minutes
12 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 7 Morning Yoga for Anxiety & Stress, YT) TUE
37 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.23 mi) I hate to admit I'm tired of the cold and wind

Wed 4/14 42 minutes
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.97 mi)

Thu 4/15 44 minutes HELP FRIEND MOVE
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.84 mi)

Fri 4/16 169 minutes
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) FRI
9 minutes (from H. Clare Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT) FRI
32 minutes (from 2.81 mi for 10k trainer wk6 day3/Zombies Run S3M33) MON
8 minutes (from H. Clare Quick Post-run Yoga Routine, YT) FRI
29 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 26, YT) MON 1st time
23 minutes (from Classical Stretch S11E19 Feet & Calf Workout, TV) 1st time
55 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.87 mi)

Sat 4/17 10 minutes MOVING/ORGANIZING PARTY!!
10 minutes (from 1 dog walks .68 mi)

Sun 4/18 38 minutes
38 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.88 mi)

Mon 4/19 68 minutes
10 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 8 Full Body Stretch Wake Up Yoga, YT) MON
58 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.93 mi)

Tue 4/20 173 minutes
13 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 9 Best Morning Yoga Practice, YT) TUE
11 minutes (from M. Kenway Walking Stretches That Relieve Muscle Soreness After Walking & Hiking, YT) 1st time
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT) TUE
17 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 6) MON
4 minutes (from L. Brooks Push, Pull, Swing Challenge wk1 day1) MON
20 minutes (from S. McMahon WWE Fit Series-Upper Body + Flexibility) TUE 1st time
93 minutes (from 3 dog walks 5.81 mi)

Wed 4/21 142 minutes
11 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 10 Morning Yoga for Neck & Upper Back Relief, YT) WED
12 minutes (from C. Jordan Part 2 Fix Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) 1st time THU
29 minutes (from 7.13 mi on bike trainer/Ambient Through the Rainforest -Asian Forest Lane/Zombies Run S3M34) THU WOOHOO!!!
20 minutes (from J. Miller Post-Athletic Stretches -cycling)
70 minutes (from 3 dog walks 4.75 mi)

I'm 99% sure I'm just deleting the remaining 66 episodes of Classical Stretch on the DVR. I just feel so crabby every time I try them. I am not a fan of Miranda and disagree with a fair amount of what she says. Not sure why I like Essentrics and not Classical Stretch but there you have it. I know some people swear by it but there are too many workouts I enjoy to keep wasting my time (and DVR space!) on smthg I can't get into.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 05:48 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Yoga 30 For 30 Yin Yoga. Hips and hamstrings were so tight. As the day went in yesterday I got SO tired from that vaccine. Hopefully today is better.

JBliff - I got the Maderna vaccine. It is frustrating that people don’t want to get the vaccine. I find a lot of young people do not want to get it.

Vannie - I’m not a big fan of Classical Stretch or Essentrics. Every time I try one of them I just don’t enjoy them or get much out of them.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 07:33 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Rockout Knockout followed by Stretch Max no equipment segment.

Cher - I hope you are feeling better today from the effects of the vaccine. Young people always feel they are invincible, don't they?

Vannie - I agree about Classical Stretch vs Essentrics.

Gibbee
- I'm for sure planning to get Cathe's new workouts.

We've had a couple of days with highs in the 50s and it's actually been a nice change to the heat.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 07:54 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I did a fun workout tonight. Peloton tread boot camp. Alternates intervals of treadmill running with strength work. This was lower body. There was a treadmill warmup, 2 treadmill intervals, and 3 floor intervals. Very much like Orange Theory. It was a lot of fun. There were just 3 lower body exercises. Goblet squats,
One legged hip thrusts, and skater lunges, and a short cooldown. All in 30 minutes. Yesterday was a hill run. Ouch!

Jbliff I have to bite my tongue with patients not wanting the vaccine. There were several more today, and also today I had
a 65+ year old patient test + for Covid. Of course, she had chosen not to get vaccinated. I just hope she does not become very ill. Big sigh..

Cher I just read that there are a large number of children in Michigan hospitalized with Covid. I am so glad you have had both shots. Hoping you will feel back to normal tomorrow.

Vannie hood to hear from you! I totally agree with you about getting rid of workouts that you just don’t jive with. There are plenty of choices that might suit us better. I think I have done only one Classical stretch or maybe just watched one and I knew right away that it was a bit weird for me.

Hi Gibbee! Miss you.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 10:08 PM  
Vantreesta

I deleted the CS workouts and that's a relief!

Thu 4/22 161 minutes
12 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 11 Morning Yoga to Energize Your Day, YT) THU
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) WED
9 minutes (from H. Clare Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT) WED
35 minutes (from 3.02 mi for 10k trainer wk7 day1/Zombies Run S3M35) WED
8 minutes (from H. Clare Quick Post-run Yoga Routine, YT) WED
84 minutes (from 3 dog walks 5.61 mi)

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-23-21, 05:22 AM  
Cher

I didn’t end up doing a workout yesterday because I had things to do and I didn’t want to take a chances of tiring myself out after being so tired the day before from the vaccine. As the day went on I was okay except my arm still sore.

JBliff - Crazy Michigan weather....Wednesday morning snow and high of 62 here today!

Karen - I had not heard about all the children hospitalized here until I look up what you said. Hopefully it’s on the downward swing since our daily positive cases have been cut in half the last 3 days.

Waves to Vannie & Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 08:50 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was the original Intensity Bootcamp.

Karjoy - I saw on the news yesterday that they're doing COVID vaccine clinical trials on children as young as two! One set of parents of 9-year-old twins were both doctors and said they were comfortable signing their kids up for the trial. The kids also said they wanted to do it so they can get back to normal living.

Cher
- We're supposed to get to upper 80s next week. Talk about crazy weather. We've been in the 50s for the last several days.

Vannie
- Good for you deleting workouts you don't do!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 12:21 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher: I have no idea how I missed this thread. The other one was the first on the list the other day - or so I thought. My aging eyes and tiny type probably missed it. Sigh...
I will get the set. How can I not? Besides I need something new. Then again I have new things and don't do them. KCM has been releasing a lot more content on RAW lately. She did two 'limitations' videos... workouts for when you have upper or lower body limitations (broken ankle, bad knees, bad shoulders, etc.). I haven't tried them yet. She has also done a boxing finisher (15 minutes - YAY) and a plank workout (4 minutes - tough but doable... need to tack it on more often), and also a deadbug challenge workout. And I am pretty sure she did another step workout recently. Are you able to stream more easily with your newer internet connection you got a while back?

Karen: Is it getting warm in Florida?

JBliff and Vannie: How are you?

Check in: Skipped working out for two days and finally forced myself to do RAW Weights 1 (Cardioacceleration - but I skipped the cardio intervals) today. I have had a headache (I think it's a tension headache) for 3 days straight. I mean it hurts. Even taking muscle relaxant + tylenol last night did nothing. Today I have taken tylenol and aleve - no relief. Sheesh!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 12:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, it's good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about the days-long tension headache! I generally try doing neck stretches when I have those, but it doesn't always work. Mine are usually caused by my posture so sometimes working on neck, shoulders and upper back can help me. I hope you get some relief soon!

I hope you are finding ways of self care that are helping you through each day. Some days are definitely harder than others.

I am still riding the roller coaster. Some mornings are hard and I am missing my mom more as time goes on. Sometimes I think I am ready to stop going to grief group and other times I know it's still benefitting me. One day on our morning walk I didn't listen to anything (usually do podcasts) and toward the end of our walk I just felt so weighed down with missing my mother-in-law. If I had been at home I would have let myself cry a while, but Cyric needs me to be calm on walks so I really couldn't give in. I don't have many times like that but I also rarely let my mind be at rest either. I'm doing okay, though, one day at a time.

Old 04-23-21, 07:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Yay it’s Friday! So glad. Today is a rest day for me. It’s been a long week.

My older than 65 year old patient with Covid had to go to the ER today with a temp of 103. That almost always heralds pneumonia. I hope she does ok. Sad...

Good to hear from you Gibbee. And so sorry about the headache. Do you get to sleep in on weekends now? Do you feel like you are catching up on sleep at all?
How is DD? We have had a cool spring for us. Night time temps about 50. Days 70s to low 80s. It will be hot soon enough.

Vannie I still love reading about your workouts.

Have a lovely Friday night all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote