Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-21, 11:56 AM  
bfit

Thanks for your replies. I talked to my doctor on the phone about it, and she said not to worry. It's just another sign that the immune system is working. But, it could take up to 2 weeks to completely go away. The only advice she gave was not to poke at my arm pit and not to schedule a mammogram. I can take ibuprofen or something if it hurts. It actually doesn't hurt unless I lay on it in bed or pull my bra or shirt over that area. I understand that about 10% of women get this so that would be thousands of people.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 07:11 PM  
Sollamyn

I had not heard of that side effect. As of today, I am two weeks beyond my second dose of Pfizer (so--I'm "fully vaccinated" now, as they say! Yay!). The only side effect I had from both doses was a sore spot on my arm. After the second dose, I was also pretty tired for a couple of days. I felt really fortunate that it wasn't worse. One of my sisters got pretty sick after her second dose of Moderna.

Donna
Old 03-31-21, 08:07 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I've had the lymph nodes on my neck swell slightly after the flu shot. It means it's working.
Old 04-01-21, 06:03 PM  
Gams

I just had my first shot and when I made my appt. they told me they were full but had one cancellation and gave me that appt. I’ve been here a little over a half hour and most of the medical personnel are on their phones apparently waiting for people to come get shots. I had tried to get an appt. for a friend when I made my appt. but was told they were full, so don’t understand why everyone is sitting around with hardly any people dribbling in.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 06:09 PM  
bfit

I can think of a couple of reasons based on what is happening in my area. First, if they have a limited supply of vaccine they can only accommodate a certain number of people per day, and that may not be very many people. Also, there are people who don't show up for their vaccine appointments. At some places "no shows" are pretty high for whatever reason.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 08:05 PM  
Gams

I would think if they only had a limited supply of vaccine, they wouldn’t have needed a 10 hour window taking appointments every 15 minutes and if it was because of no-shows then shame on those people because there are a ton of people struggling to get an appointment.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 03:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Gams, here is what I learned from volunteering at our local FEMA vaccine clinic. They reserve a certain number of shots for people who have advance appointments. Since the vaccine has to be prepared for injection---meaning thawed out for the most part---they have to be careful about taking "walk ins" or last minute appointments in order to accommodate the advance appointments. So even though our site's appointments weren't at capacity at the beginning of that day, it was a constant re-evaluation all day long as to how many doses to thaw for use. If they thawed too much they could end up with extra doses at the end of the day that would be lost. They did put folks on "stand by" and called them in so everyone who came and signed in as a standby did get vaccinated that day. I gained a whole new appreciation of the difficulty of the process as a volunteer, that's for sure.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 05:49 PM  
BunnyHop

Thanks for this discussion, I'd been unaware.

Get my second dose of Moderna on Wednesday.

The mammogram issue didn't come up, and honestly I don't remember how far spaced apart my appointments were. Or was that before I got the vaccine? Hurrah for lousy memories, right? LOL.

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccines