Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-20, 01:54 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I guess I had better order the second copies of seasons 11, 12 and 13 I was contemplating for a second place I work out. Seems it would be good for both them and me.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 02:38 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
Wow that is really troubling. I did just buy a year of streaming and now extra glad that I did. I will plan to continue to support them.
If I ever retire, I would do the same and know I have that one year. I have purchased duplicates of most of their DVDs. I will probably get 12 and 13 as duplicates this year to do my part to support them.
Old 11-22-20, 02:46 PM  
cyana

I"m sorry to hear their business has been so negatively impacted by COVID, as I think there is significant value in the method.

If they could use a cash infusion, how about a promotion for slight discount on a 12 month subscription, since they'd get the cash on the front end? I see you are going to ask about a 12 month subscription, Jackie. If it helps them keep their business running so they can continue to keep us from becoming a bunch of stiff old geezers, I could certainly budget for a subscription .

I don't know how much technology would be required for them to sell downloads, but just from the comments here, I think they'd have a ready market for those, as well.

Please keep us posted, Jackie.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 03:03 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I"m sorry to hear their business has been so negatively impacted by COVID, as I think there is significant value in the method.

If they could use a cash infusion, how about a promotion for slight discount on a 12 month subscription, since they'd get the cash on the front end? I see you are going to ask about a 12 month subscription, Jackie. If it helps them keep their business running so they can continue to keep us from becoming a bunch of stiff old geezers, I could certainly budget for a subscription .

I don't know how much technology would be required for them to sell downloads, but just from the comments here, I think they'd have a ready market for those, as well.

Please keep us posted, Jackie.
Yeah I don't really know the reasoning behind their decision making....nor do I agree with it. I will ask on Monday about the year long discount.

I also really would like to see them sell downloads. Honestly, I totally "get" where you are all coming from.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 03:22 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Honestly, I totally "get" where you are all coming from.
And we appreciate you sharing your insights with us.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 03:45 PM  
DCW

I guess now is a good time as any to gift myself a subscription for 3 months. Helps them and it helps me.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 03:59 PM  
lavna

I asked them about selling downloads and they said the couldn't because of copyrights law or something like that (I lost their email so I'm not sure!).
I wonder if it's the real reason.
Even instructors who started selling subscriptions to their Live workouts (like Cathe) ended up selling them as downloads. I probably spent more on her download than an annual subscription to her streaming service! But, I love to own the workouts and I don't have to worry about the quality of my connection.
I agree that if they decided to sell downloads, they would have a ready market!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, classical stretch sale