Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-20, 07:34 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfitmom View Post
. I had a lot of life circumstances going on, so you know how that goes. Well, I managed to keep with with walking outside, but all the stress from the last few years has caused my body too hold onto excess fat/weight ...

I just want to hit the easy button and slowly get my stressed out body to shift. !
^ THIS !!! Since March, my stress level has been sky-high. (Besides the pandemic, I've had so many other things going wrong in my life too.) My weight was holding steady with just very low intensity walking and yoga. (After years of beating up my body with high-intensity workouts.) In August though, I joined a health program that my workplace offered. Well, it really focuses on increasing the amount of movement & activity. Which I've been trying to adhere too. But now my weight is going back up.
I no longer believe in calories in / calories out. Healthy nutrition, not calorie totals, counts. And stress is a HUGE factor. I'm going back to my casual, low-stress movement and yoga.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

Everyone has such great suggestions and I agree with all of them.

Another to mention is my favorite - Ellen Barrett - she has a streaming service for $5.95/month and puts out a weekly rotation of moderate-feel-good workouts. You can always supplement them with a little extra walking or weights or stretching. I joined her site 2 years ago and it is probably the only one I use consistently - averaging at least 2X per week. I sometimes will follow her weekly schedules, but more often than not i just plug her stuff in here and there.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 09:06 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Txfitmom- if you are interested in Ellen Barrett dvds, send me a PM.

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 10:06 AM  
DCW

Have you viewed or tried Sit and be Fit?

I am a Classical Stretch Fan and I first saw it after doing Classical Stretch. It is on my local PBS station but I recently got a dvd from my library.

It is primarily sitting and some standing. I always listen to the episode when I start my workday.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 02:36 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
^ THIS !!! Since March, my stress level has been sky-high. (Besides the pandemic, I've had so many other things going wrong in my life too.) My weight was holding steady with just very low intensity walking and yoga. (After years of beating up my body with high-intensity workouts.) In August though, I joined a health program that my workplace offered. Well, it really focuses on increasing the amount of movement & activity. Which I've been trying to adhere too. But now my weight is going back up.
I no longer believe in calories in / calories out. Healthy nutrition, not calorie totals, counts. And stress is a HUGE factor. I'm going back to my casual, low-stress movement and yoga.
+1

Totally agree with listening to what your body and mind need!

It seems to be a moving target for me (never the same thing for an extended period of time).

The only other thing I would mention to add to the great suggestions above is to join a check-in (if you haven't already).

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 07:03 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I would suggest Jessica Smith's original Walk On 30 Day set or for something a bit more intense with a bit more toning, her Walk On 6 Week Transformation System or this dvd by Leslie Sansone which is super basic and the toning sessions are also basic https://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sanson...SWQV18CVF2REHB

This is also Jessica's Beginner's play list
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bKkKqaAlPlrLIY
Jessica's Walk On 6 Week system always works well for me.
Old 10-04-20, 02:29 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
This is also Jessica's Beginner's play list
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bKkKqaAlPlrLIY
Thanks for this! I think I'm going to pick & choose from these.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, beginner barre, beginner pilates, core, fitprime rotation, man flow yoga, rehabzone, restarting, yoga and menopause