Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-19, 09:53 AM  
alisoncooks

Which Cathe PHA?

I'm looking at PHA Training (Strong and Sweaty) vs PHA2 (Lite). Both seem to be about the same length, lots of premixes.

Anyone want to give an opinion on which I should get? Are they both the same level of difficulty...or is PHA2 more intermediate? (Aka: which is easier?)

Thanks!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 10:38 AM  
Ricka

Hi there. I read some reviewers saying that they found PHA2 more pleasurable because there are only 2 sets instead of 3 sets. I like this structure too as far as what makes the exercise more enjoyable for me.

As far as the difficulty level, I think I'll have to do both exercises close together to decide which one I find more difficult for me. Because PHA 1 has 3 sets, I think that does make it more difficult.

If you would like to compare the content (what exercises are included), you can take a look at her user guide that are available to download online.

Strong and Sweaty here:https://cathe.com/free-strong-and-sweaty-users-guide/
LITE here: https://cathe.com/liteguide/
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 11:43 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Either one can be easier or harder based on the weight used and whether you do two or three sets of the exercises.

The first PHA is significantly harder IMHO if you use the same weight and sets as Cathe (in other words, as originally designed---not the premixes). So I think that PHA2 is the "easier" of the two using that criteria.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 11:43 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I dread PHA (1) if I do all 3 sets of 6 exercises. If you do 2 sets, it's not so bad. There is just something more dreadful for me with that workout.

PHA 2 is awesome. Love it. 2 sets of 8 exercises. If you do the timesaver premix of 1 set of each it feels almost like ICE Metabolic Total Body in terms of heart rate and movement (to me, anyway).

Sometimes on either workout I will sub out an exercise for what she shows - modified or add a twist to it or whatever. Makes it feel fresh.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 06:29 PM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for the replies! I went with PHA 2. I'm not a huge fan of repetition, so 2 rounds beats 3 for me.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 09:20 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I think that's what beautiful about Cathe DVDs. You can customize it. I usually do 2 sets with PHA1. And somebody might want to do 3 sets with PHA2... and that is still do-able.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 09:25 PM  
Ricka

I hope you will love PHA 2, Alison. And HDW, that's a great option too.
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-19, 09:17 AM  
gigi

I enjoy them both!
Old 06-30-19, 11:15 AM  
buffmama

I looked at PHA-2 this AM since there is a sale going on... Seems like Cathe kept most of the exercises the same. That saved me some money, but not disappointment! Liking the clothes better didn't seem to justify getting it.
Old 06-30-19, 11:57 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I did PHA 2 today, I did Timesaver premix number 5 which runs through the first set of exercises once, then runs through the second set twice. There is a premix for the opposite as well, 1st set twice and 2nd set once. I liked this, you are only repeating one set of exercises instead of both. I will probably try the other way at some point.

There is also a scrambled premix where you run through set one and two, then repeat, instead of set one, repeat then set two, then repeat. I think I might prefer this premix as well, as it spaces the exercises further apart.

Anyway, this is a really nice workout once of my favorites from the Lite set, need to do it more.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe pha, peripheral heart action, pha, pha training