Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-19, 03:46 PM  
dianestjohn

Cathe LITE vs ICE

I have now worked my way through all of the LITE workouts and most of the bonuses. I like LITE, admire it, am thrilled that Cathe is still doing dvd sets, but I don't love LITE the way I fell in love with ICE (and in fact I still do ICE and most of its premixes from time to time.) I did Abs 1 from LITE yesterday and was annoyed that the kick-the-leg-out exercise was the very first exercise in that workout, and there was very little explanation or cuing about how to do it - it put me in a bad frame of mind for the remaining exercises which were all ok I thought. Likewise Stretch 1 was so yoga-ish with Sun Sal variations (I think) over and over; I love Cathe's old athletic style stretches. The workouts themselves were good, I like the new moves, a couple of them I actually love but the rest were not thrilling. So I miss the thrill of ICE. What does everyone else think?
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 03:51 PM  
bubbles76

I couldn't get into ICE but like LITE. My favorite among her intermediate series is probably Xtrain . I have to give ICE another chance though.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 05:08 PM  
kristiep

I've been trying LITE through KineticFlix and have liked everything I have tried so far. That prompted me to re-visit the ICE series. (I've been rotating FIRMs, UFC Fit, and Tracie Long for the last 6-9 months.)

Both are great. I think ICE Metabolic and LITE PHA 2 are the standouts, but if you had both sets, you'd be good for a long time. Lots of variety and so many pre-mixes.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 07:44 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

I like LITE a little more than ICE. Love the weight work in LITE.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 09:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Honestly, I like the LITE series better than the ICE series. I was a little disappointed that the add-on stretching segments were yoga inspired. I was also hoping for more athletic stretching segments.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 11:04 PM  
Tugger31

I like LITE a bit better than ICE. I really enjoy Fit Split, but using them as 30 minute separate workouts instead.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-19, 09:42 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

LITE and ICE are both great, but right now I can’t do much high impact, which makes LITE perfect and ICE frustrating. I’m thrilled Cathe did another low impact series...maybe she’ll do another advanced one for us sometime. But first I hope she does RwH 2 (because I’ll be able to do high impact again someday!).
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe ice, cathe lite, cathe lite vs ice