Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-19-18, 09:23 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
Julia, I'm starting to revisit bands and tubing - my ortho strongly suggested it over weights due to my shoulder injury. Do you use a set program in a book or dvd or do you do your own exercises? I've been looking for a good book on the subject to give me ideas on how to use them and how to structure a program but the offerings are pretty slim, and I can't stand the small book that came with the Bodylastics set I use.
Not Julia-

The Band Man
Ideas to use the bands for all kind of exercises traditionally performed with weights.

https://resistancebandtraining.com/
Old 12-19-18, 09:34 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
I have a cable converter and I am able to watch utube videos on my television while exercising. Denise Austin has a nice 10 minute series and Jessica smith has a cardio resistance workout (actually several which I also enjoy. My ipad doesn’t show the window address so I’m unable to send the links but if you google search on utube there are literally hundreds of band workouts. Jessica and Denise have the best ones.
Thanks! I'll check them out.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-18, 11:12 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
Thanks! I'll check them out.
Welcome
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-18, 04:34 PM  
warriorprincess

The ultimate in gaining strength without mass is probably gymnastics. I've been looking at Gymnastic Bodies and GMB Fitness lately, but they're so expensive, I haven't been able to talk myself into them. And I don't think they're follow-along type programs, because you're supposed to repeat a movement until you have it mastered before you go on to the next progression.

I find the whole concept appealing though.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-18, 07:37 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
The ultimate in gaining strength without mass is probably gymnastics. I've been looking at Gymnastic Bodies and GMB Fitness lately, but they're so expensive, I haven't been able to talk myself into them. And I don't think they're follow-along type programs, because you're supposed to repeat a movement until you have it mastered before you go on to the next progression.

I find the whole concept appealing though.
I actually got the GMB Fitness Elements program about a year ago I think. It was kind of hard on my wrists so I stopped doing it. I see the value of it but even before scaling it back as much as I needed to, I felt like it was somehow not enough. I didn't have time to add it on to other strength training I went back to doing. But I have been considering going back to it actually. I am intrigued by their programs and am considering Focused Flexibility and maybe their Integral Strength program but I think you are supposed to finish Elements first and again there is only so much time in the day. If they ever have it on sale I might buy it. They do have some free videos on their website if you want to try it.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-18, 09:53 PM  
pollytc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
I’m sorry I was away for awhile, Denise Austin has some great utube videos especially for the upper body. Just google Denise Austin resistance bands. Jessica smith also has a nice one that is cardio and bandwork together.

Good luck
KCM RAW channel has some band work too which is amazing

Tags
strength, strength gains, strength training, weight loss