Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-02-18, 06:35 AM  
Cher

Linda Wooldridge Barlates Body Blitz - Barre BASICS???

Are there any reviews anywhere on this or does anyone have any thoughts on how hard or easy? I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere. In the past, I tried one of Linda's regular workouts (not sure now which one) and it was WAY too hard! So I thought maybe her beginner one would be good to start with. I don't know. I don't really do barre workouts and my normal strength workouts are KCM or Cathe but have lost some strength since I just dread doing any kind of strength workout lately therefore I end up not doing it as often as I should be. I thought I'd try something new to me with Mary's sale going on. Any thoughts???
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 07:42 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Are there any reviews anywhere on this or does anyone have any thoughts on how hard or easy? I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere. In the past, I tried one of Linda's regular workouts (not sure now which one) and it was WAY too hard! So I thought maybe her beginner one would be good to start with. I don't know. I don't really do barre workouts and my normal strength workouts are KCM or Cathe but have lost some strength since I just dread doing any kind of strength workout lately therefore I end up not doing it as often as I should be. I thought I'd try something new to me with Mary's sale going on. Any thoughts???
2lazyforthegym has reviewed many barlates workouts. I find her assessments to be accurate if you are an intermediate or advanced exerciser. She reviewed some of the basic workouts here: https://2lazy4gym.com/2018/06/09/bar...-basics-lower/ . https://2lazy4gym.com/2018/04/14/bar...basics-series/
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 03:17 PM  
Hsim

I do not have that DVD but I do know what you mean. Although I love Linda's personality I do not love all her workouts. I cannot do Upper and Lower Drop Sets or Grace and Strength.
I do have Resista Barre total body workout and I find that that one is quite doable although the Abs section is really hard. For me the abs segment is a stretch. I have read 2lazyforthegym's reviews and after doing some of those same workouts have come to the conclusion that she is more advanced than I so take her reviews with a grain of salt.
Hsim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 03:36 PM  
prettyinpink

I have trouble with some of hers because they move so fast, sometimes she does so many reps in such a short space. Kind of like some of the Dream Body workouts. I don’t even think it’s always an advanced vs. beginner strength thing. Maybe it’s a fast twitch vs. slow twitch thing. At least I tell myself that.

Anyway, I agree that Resistabarre is very doable and she has a chart on her site of her older workouts that are easier vs. more advanced. I don’t know if there is anything like that for the newer ones.

But also, for some, just slowing down and doing fewer reps than Linda might help if you otherwise like her.

Here’s her list: http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/wo...rmediate-list/

Last edited by prettyinpink; 09-02-18 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Add link
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 03:53 PM  
Cher

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-02-18, 04:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m not a big fan of fast moving barre workouts, think it’s easier to injure yourself than with slow deliberate movement. And IMO I think you get more out of moving slowly, it’s easier to move fast because you are using more momentum. I looked at this download set for $11.50 (assume that’s Aussie dollars) and the clip looks good. Not sure if this is the same as the dvd set Mary has on sale. I rarely buy DVDs any more primarily because shipping to Canada is so pricey.
http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/we...dle-downloads/

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 06:36 PM  
Cher

Thanks Pam! I believe this is the same one Mary has that I was looking at.
Old 09-03-18, 08:19 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Here's the review from 2 lazy 4 the gym
https://2lazy4gym.com/2018/04/14/bar...basics-series/

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 06:55 PM  
Cher

Thanks!

Tags