Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-17, 06:41 AM  
firmaniac

Smile

What a lovely thread! I am reminded of a generous VFr almost daily when I tie on my Zumba shoes - I don't want to embarrass her by naming but our Swap wasn't equal, IMO and her generosity at a time when I didn't have funds for new shoes (but needed them!!) will always have me feeling blessed. I also will always be grateful to the kind soul who sent me OOP Tracie Long dvds - we went back n forth trying to make the Swap work for both of us, and she ended up just sending me these gorgeous dvds! It made me weep at how kind she was - I'll never get over it. The VF Roost on facebook has also been a place where members aren't there just to make $$$ - we want the workouts to find a good home.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 09:09 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sherry(7899) - Has gifted me with so many workouts, ideas, books, etc. over the years that I can't even remember it all. Plus, she has totally influenced my reading to go in a different direction than it would have without her. (Irish authors! )

I still remembering talking about thinking about trying a workout and Vintage VFer dropped me a message saying that she'd send it to me. Not only did she take nothing for it, but she wrapped the DVD so a nuclear blast wouldn't damage what was inside. It happened more than once and I discovered some new instructors that way.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 09:15 AM  
SandyT

I am so glad to see this thread. During a long time of unemployment (18 months) a generous VFer sent me a whole set of Horizontal Conditioning Club DVDs. A WHOLE SET!!! I never dreamed that I would be able to own these. I use them sooo much and I think of this kind VFer every time I pull the dvd's out. Just color me grateful
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 09:18 AM  
primrosecat

I want to add that several here have offered me equipment free. I won't name them, but they probably know who they are. I still love them for that, as this was spontaneous on their part, not things I had asked for.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 09:41 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

This is the most awesome place! A few months ago, a couple of VFers (sherry7899 and Lesia) loaned me copies of iTrain CDs that I thought were lost to me. It took me some time to rip them to MP3s but they were patient with me. Thank you!!!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 12:04 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have been floored by the generosity of VFers too many times to count!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 10:38 PM  
lithium

Marilyn sent me The Firm Cardio-Weight System through SASE but didn't let me reimburse her postage. I have since moved twice and the DVD is still with me. Thank you Marilyn!
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-17, 12:08 AM  
fanofladyvols

Thumbs up Absolutely!

I once came home to find a HUGE box of workouts!
I have no idea what motivated that immense gift but it blew me away!

And while I definitely appreciate the workouts, I have also been the recipient of super kind thoughts, wishes and precious PMs.

So to the countless VFers but especially...Sherry7899, Laura S., Debbie S., Lgk (lucie), and Debbie M....THANK YOU for your generosity and the love you freely share!!

Those of you who don't post, you are missed!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-17, 10:22 AM  
kettlebell

As a Canadian I’d like to also mention all the kind VFers who have been generous with their time when companies don’t ship to Canada. I’ve had more than on occasion where someone has ordered or picked something up and sent it to Canada. Even though I paid all expenses they still had to get the item, package it to my address and then spend time running to the post office. Thanks to all those who did a favor for some of us Canadian Vfers.
kettlebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-17, 10:27 AM  
zoegirl

Red face

Years ago, someone sent me a step in exchange for a couple of DVDs. I wanted to help offset some of the cost, especially for postage, but of course that wasn't allowed in the trade. I still use it frequently, as a weight bench and a step and my grandkids use it as a stepstool to play in the water in the bathroom sink. I have lost track of who was so kind, but it is still greatly appreciated and used at least a couple of times a week.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote