Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-10, 10:57 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Yeah, it wasn't cool at all. What a jerk to do something like that to people.
Yeah, I know. I was scammed by two people within a week of each other. One on Amazon and one on Ebay. It makes you think twice sometimes about buying not only from Ebay but from a secondary seller on Amazon even,
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 11:31 PM  
goldenphoenix

Was your seller name fenghuang?

I was a victim of bootleg dvd about a month ago. According to Ebay procedure, I should and did try to resolve with the seller. The seller asked me to return the items for refund. After returning the items and still not receiving the refund, I filed a claim with Ebay. However, Ebay routed me to Paypal. Paypal told me to mail the item back to an address, which is different from the one provided by the seller. Initially, Paypal refused to refund my money because I mailed the item back to a different address than what they have on file. Afterward, I emailed and threatened them that I will file a complaint with the Consumer Complaint Agency and Michael Finney On Your Side if they don't refund my money within three business days. Sure enough, they refunded my money after three days.

A lesson I learned - DO NOT TRY TO RESOLVE WITH THE SELLER AND DO NOT MAIL THE ITEM BACK TO THE SELLER UNTIL YOU RECEIVE INSTRUCTION FROM EBAY\PAYPAL.
Old 10-27-10, 10:42 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
Thanks for all of the advice. I'm glad that some of you have been able to resolve these issues; that makes me feel better. I guess I trusted eBay, because I used to sell my tapes and other things on there successfully. I haven't shopped on eBay in years. I should have done my research first. I wasn't sure if I should wait until the DVDs arrived to file a complaint considering that eBay pulled the seller, but that would be better as I'll know whether or not they are copies.

So, should I contact BeachBody when they arrive, as well, or is there nothing they can really do?
You can certainly contact BB now and let them know about the seller on eBay, so they can go after them. They won't be able to do anything about getting you a legit copy (they are already pretty clear and vocal about the proliferation of bootlegs on eBay and that "getting a great deal" on a BB product == bootleg in 99% of the cases out there.....), but they could possibly prevent this from happening to someone else.

If they are coming from China, they are bootlegs. No doubt about it. No use waiting for anything at this point.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 12:44 PM  
Fidget Queen

Thank you guys. I did contact Beachbody, Kali, thank you for the information. I'm about to file a dispute with PayPal. The tracking number is for EMS, which is a Chinese shipping service. I get an error message when I put that number in, which is a bad thing :\.

Thanks for the help. It's not a huge deal, and it's partially my fault. I should have researched better beforehand. I just get so annoyed that this is allowed to happen on such a huge and profitable site. Makes me sad.

Thanks for the help!!
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootlegs, counterfeit, ebay, paypal, scams