Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-21, 06:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm feeling more normal this morning - still a bit off, headache and just general malaise but better than yesterday. it was like having the flu for 36 hours.

I'm going to work today- if I had to go in the office I'd probably take another day off, but I could probably manage to sit upright in front of my computer at home today.

No workout yet for me - maybe this evening something on the floor, we shall see.

Dana - while many people really like the Body Project I have done one and watched a few, but it didn't really click with me. I may try again at some point....

Carol - that is good about Define & Align. I may purchase this at some point, I'm in between this and Jenny's. I know I will get both at some point, but not sure which to get first, LOL! Maybe D&A since the the weather is still good for walking outside??

Brenda - yes, go to the Dr. Of course, I'm as bad as you are - I always think I can either fix it myself or it will go away on its own.

Linda - thanks for the hugs!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 06:16 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Carol being able to turn off the music and play my own is a huge plus to me...is that what you're saying?
Yes, you can play the videos without music and just have Karen's cueing.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 06:20 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

DS had a presentation in one of his grad classes last night and the class lasted from 5 to 8, so I was hesitant to attempt to stream anything for fear of messing with his internet connection. We ate while the professor was wrapping it up and then took the dogs for a quick 30 minute walk. It doesn't get dark here now until well past 8:30, so that's nice.

Donna - I'll encourage you to take it easy today. For those of us who have that type of reaction, that vaccine packs a punch. I thought it was worse than the flu - at least fatigue-wise. I could hardly stand up the first day.

So looking forward to having to have an annual booster shot...

Waves ~

Carol
Old 05-05-21, 06:49 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
So looking forward to having to have an annual booster shot...

Waves ~

Carol
Carol, you're a hoot!

Donna, I ditto Carol...please don't push too hard. Your body is hard at work!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 06:59 AM  
donnamp

Carol - I know what you mean - sitting up yesterday to drink water or getting up to go to the bathroom was a huge effort.

I'm definitely not going to push myself for the next few days!!!

Donna
Old 05-05-21, 05:45 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone!

I've been walking everyday and continuing with the Shaped by Faith Pilates workouts. Today was Power Pilates floor work. My dog is doing very well on her new diet and fluids!

Donna, I'm sorry you have been feeling so lousy! I'm glad you're starting to feel better now.

Brenda, healing prayers for you too! I also like the wait and see approach.

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 09:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Barre3 - Strength Conditioning with Dustin - 35 minutes

I liked this workout and the new-to-me instructor. Good music and the workout was over before I knew it.

Christine - Thanks for checking in and so glad your dog is doing good on the new diet!

Donna - Hang in there! You're on the mend.

Linda - Good workouts - love that you are loving kettlebells. They can be a lot of fun.

Dana - How's Oliver these days?

Carol
Old 05-06-21, 07:27 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

D&A Core & More - 30min. Should've been named Glutes & More, but I'm not complaining. I like glutes work more than core so I'm OK with it.
LITE Metabolic Blast Timesaver 4 - 31min. I think it was #4. It was all standing and I really like this workout.

Carol, thanks for asking abot Oliver. He's become very attached to us and particularly to me. He's my little shadow and loves attention and wants me to play with him all the time. I am fine with it because he continues to have a hearty appetite and at least it keeps his weight in check - somewhat. This morning during my Cathe workout he ran full speed into my room with his ball and was so playful, cheerful and happy that I couldn't be mad at him. He knows he can get away with pretty much anything because he's so much fun with not a mean bone in his body.

Christine, glad you check it to let us know you're doing better!

Donna, hopefully you're on the mend. Sorry to hear that you had such a bad time with your 2nd vaccine. I'm so lucky that I had no side effects whatsoever from either one.

Linda, glad you're enjoying kettlebells. For some reason I'm not clicking with them, and I tried!

Hi to Brenda and Cheri!
Old 05-06-21, 07:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm back to feeling like my old self, I'm still going to take it easy on the workouts for a few days (not like I ever tax myself anyway!).

Today I did an Ellen mix:

- Quick Tone - which is 15 min of floorwork
- Stretch 360 - which is 15 min of flowy stretching - CS-ish

Dana - Oliver sounds like a very sweet cat!

Carol - B3 sounds like it has changed for the better, maybe if they offer another deal I will jump on it. Trifecta is opening her membership again...I'm tempted. it is $30 a month which is outrageous....but I may still do it for a month. I'm hopeless.

Christine - I'm glad your doggie is doing well.

Linda - Yes, I will be taking it easy!

Brenda - I hope you feel better....

Waves,

Donna
Old 05-06-21, 08:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I think you're quite the vigorous exerciser and so consistent! I'm glad you'll be taking it easy. As far as an expensive streaming, i'm ok with it if I know I'm going to actively use. When I was a member of a gym for a brief moment in time, I was always trying different machines or taking different classes in addition to the things I liked. Buying workouts or changing up streaming mirrors that. It's all good Rest well!!!

Carol and Dana what's funny is that kettlebells never had an appeal to me. I wouldn't be using them if my husband hadn't surprised me with this adjustable one.

Dana I love these Oliver stories!! Keep.them coming! I have LITE and ICE on my Cathe wish list along with D&A. That's cool you were able to combine. I wonder if D&A would combine well with Perfect 30?

Brenda keep us posted on your arm!

Christine very happy to hear your Piper is stabilizing.

Yesterday was 200 tactical walking lunges plus BBW with warmups from Tracie and Lauren DVDs. Finished up with CS#402 Slenderize and Toning or something like that.

It's a beautiful day here and all my plants are happy from all the rain we have had.

Wishing you all a beautiful day!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote