Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-21, 08:31 PM  
MathTeacher

I started out with Caroline Garvin 15 Minute Biceps. I really liked it.

Then I did Jessica Valant Side Lying Pilates. I have given up on squats and lunges so I do Pilates for my lower body workouts.

The Cardinals have won 4 in a row!
Old 05-03-21, 07:57 PM  
MathTeacher

Today I did Jessica Valant Full Body Pilates. It did not scratch my itch. I am still looking for the lower body that does not aggravate my hip and thigh and makes me happy at the same time.
Old 05-04-21, 12:49 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm guessing I haven't checked in since my tri. Friday I never got around to working out after oversleeping till 10:30. Oops. Guess my body was tired. Saturday I ran 1.5 mi per the Run With Hal app I started. I also did day 1 of the CVG app Murph training which was a Murph test. I forget what else I did right now, probably the usual run warmup and stretching. Sunday was D&D so all-day sit and eat. Yesterday I did Kassandra yoga before breakfast then later was a 1.5 mi run for RWH, Helen's piriformis exercises & post-run yoga, a Crossrope workout, Lauren Brooks paper workout combined with day one of her Push, Pull, Swing challenge and TF Stretch 10. The CVG training was 800 M run so that was more than covered by RWH. I was supposed to run errands but it took me two hours to get my triple batch of oatmeal pumpkin pancakes made and in the freezer so by the time I finished workouts it was later than I wanted to do them. So I guess I will go do them now and then workout after.

MT, one of these days I'm going to check out Jessica Valent. It looks like she has a lot of PT type stuff. Do you still do Mari's Bun & Thigh Sculpting much? I may incorporate that into my rotation so I don't do Caroline Jordan's glute and hamstring videos every day.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 02:01 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Way to go on the workouts everyone! Vannie, oatmeal pumpkin pancakes sound good...I may have to try to find a cookie recipe that is oatmeal/pumpkin. We are having some work crews here and a new cookie might be fun.

I've been getting my walks in and the last few days. My body seemed to naturally want to walk a little further than normal. I hope to keep it up. I've been on a youtube binge. Starting with a Redefining strength clip with an isolated glute exercise and then Citizen Athletics with Hamstring focus and Quad focus. I'm mostly doing them for the left side as that is weaker from the pelvic rotation I have. I am narrowing the gap of muscle imbalances...lots of hard work but happening. I still have under 145 youtube clips saved which is still pretty good from my alltime high of just under 200. I have way too many glute clips saved and need to narrow them down to just a few. I'm not terribly motivated to do that right now...maybe on a rainy day.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 10:13 PM  
Leonana

I started back to regular exercise again. But my vaccination interrupted my WS1 rotation, so now I'm kind of meh about it. I think I will start tomorrow with it, it's a cardio. Today was strength, and I mixed it up with a Fitness by PJ, called Osteoporosis & Osteopenia Workout with Dumbbells [THAT'S NOT LAME!]. Catchy name, lol. It was pretty good, she used a booty band for overhead shoulder work, and I enjoyed it. She said that recent studies showed that band workout does increase bone density.

MT, I hope you find some Pilates that you like. Have you tried Moving Mango? She has a lot of videos.

Vannie, good job on the running and workouts.

Katie, good job on the walks. That's one area I'm deficient, I rarely get outside and walk.
Old 05-06-21, 08:14 PM  
MathTeacher

Sherry, I have done several videos on Moving Mango. I like her. I think I am going to do her 30 day summer as soon as school is out.

Katie, I don't get outside enough. I need to do better.

Vannie, Jessica Valant is a PT. I am not a big fan of her Pilates but I like her stretches. I bought a year of her streaming (FOMO) so I feel obligated to do them to get my money's worth. I have not done Mari in a while. I need to.

Today I did Caroline Garvin Standing Abs and Arms and Jessica Valant Piriformis Exercises and Stretch
Old 05-06-21, 08:15 PM  
MathTeacher

Looks like I need to do lots of things that I am not doing.
Old 05-06-21, 09:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
Looks like I need to do lots of things that I am not doing.
Oh my gosh, girl, you said exactly what I think about myself all the time!

Thanks for the feedback on the Pilates. I was looking more at her PT stuff. My current tolerance level for Pilates is restricted to 10 minutes or Mari!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 10:47 AM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, was your hip pain ever identified? I hope you can find something that won't aggravate it.

I disrupted my lower body progress from doing a oblique exercise using a stability ball. It was an exercise from one of my previous PT's that wasn't helpful at the time. I thought might be okay now. It seems like it ought to be a good exercise but it's just not a good choice. So I'm trying to get things calmed down and go again.

We are finally getting real rain and puddles! We need it so badly. I've got lot of rainy day projects that need to be done. Maybe I can at least make a dent in some of them.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 05:45 PM  
Leonana

Today was Total Body from WS1. I got rid of most of my Goodwill dvds, but kept two Leslies, the Essentric and a David Dorian Ross Tai Chi. Jessica and Fitness by PJ hit my sweet spot, so I think I will stick with them. I also like Justina Ercole, but she doesn't have much on her channel. Although I did order a Firm dvd from Mary, lol. The BSS2 Complete Aerobics and Weight Training. I have done it once, years ago, and it seemed effective. I can't remember why I got rid of it, I think because it was longer than 30 minutes, and I didn't like longer workouts. It seems less intense than the Pink Firms, and more my speed. I should keep this one, since I paid more for it, lol. Of course, after I ordered it, I noticed someone had it on Share the Wealth. Oh well, at least I supported Mary.

MT, that's great you like Moving Mango. I hope you find a routine that helps your hip.

Katie, sorry to hear you aggravated something. I wish we could get some rain! We did get up to 100 a couple of days ago, but it dropped down to 91 today, thankfully.

Vannie, good job on the workouts.