Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-21, 05:06 PM  
donnamp

For those of you who have the set and have tried it -

- how does it compare to WS 3.0 - or are they so completely different that there is no way to compare?
- how much of the strength work is done in a forward bending position?

I have major FOMO right now - so I'm trying to decide if this would be a good fit for me. I have been a little scared to try WS 3.0 and strength work done in a forward bending position for long periods of time stress out my back.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 06:31 PM  
KaeLaVie
VF Supporter

I went for it. I truly think that it is worth it and it's what I need right now. I've been consistent on a daily basis with Adriene for the last year....I think this calendar/schedule is what I need. Bought it just now
KaeLaVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 07:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
For those of you who have the set and have tried it -

- how does it compare to WS 3.0 - or are they so completely different that there is no way to compare?
- how much of the strength work is done in a forward bending position?

I have major FOMO right now - so I'm trying to decide if this would be a good fit for me. I have been a little scared to try WS 3.0 and strength work done in a forward bending position for long periods of time stress out my back.

Donna
Donna,

I just did the first workout, stopping when I finished the circuit once through. It's completely different from Jessica's usual strength work. Definitely slower and more deliberate, allowing you to choose the appropriate weight for the exercise. Jessica does cue light, medium, heavy weights. None of this business of pairing deadlifts with shoulder raises.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 07:41 PM  
Floren

I bet she is going to have an avalanche of people caving at the last minute! June is a long time to wait.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 08:27 PM  
bjones

I'm glad she gives you the opportunity to change your weight between each exercise. That was a pet peeve of her earlier strength workouts.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 03:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
I bet she is going to have an avalanche of people caving at the last minute! June is a long time to wait.
I purchased this late last night because I like Jessica's workouts, but also didn't know if I wanted to devote this much time to strength training for the next three months.

First, I connected my tablet to my TV with an HDMI cable to see how things were going to go with my slow internet speed. I workout in my basement and the wi-fi was terrible, which I predicted. The screen would periodically freeze up while I waited and waited for Jessica to continue. Not especially fun. But, I did Total Body Strength Compound Supersets stopping about ten minutes past the half-way point...long enough to repeat the lower body exercises again.

Liked most of the weighted exercises, standing gliding exercises, and mobility work. Jessica was great, as usual.

Did not care for much of the floorwork, and thought the ab work was very boring. I might skip some of this and do my own core work instead the next time through. Also, music was hard to hear and set seemed a bit cramped to me.

I haven't yet been successful with Purple Player either. I had to delete a number of aps on my tablet and cache my storage and it still has not loaded the workouts. I just get a blank white screen, so far. Will need to contact tech support next to see if they have recommendations.

I also need to check into our WAP (wireless access point) or DH will do this to see if something we can try will give us a better connection or speed.

I purchased knowing I had 60 days to return if I couldn't get this setup to work for me. Would have preferred DVDs but understand Jessica's dilema and circumstances.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 03:50 PM  
donnamp

That is a good point about the 60 day money back guarantee - if it doesn't work for you - or your set up you can always return it.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 04:06 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
I was back and forth on it all night until I finally decided not to get it. I don’t know exactly what it is but I have a lot of Jessica’s workouts already and I just don’t reach for them very often even though I really like her. Of course I’ll revisit this when it becomes available in June.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 07:04 PM  
sillygirl

Sounds like another solid program from our girl, Jessica! I'm sure I will purchase this at some point (whether as a digital download or DVD).
sillygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 08:58 AM  
laurajhawk

I started last week so the rotation calls for Upper Body today, but I woke up this morning with sore triceps & lats from ALL THAT SHOVELING yesterday, so I did Core Control and added on Jessica’s Gentle Yoga chest & back flow. I really like the use of the small ball in Core Control – some workouts seem to use it just to use it, but it really has a purpose in this one, intensifying some moves and focusing them in the right muscles.

Purple Player is being kind of horrible for me - in every workout it pauses for no reason at least once (usually just once), and I have to press play again to resume; but in the two short workouts I've done so far, it has paused AND sometimes dropped off of AirPlay (I'm streaming from phone to AppleTV), and done that several times in the short workout. If this were fast cardio, I'd be hating it - since they are slower workouts, it's not a big deal. But I may end up using my laptop, it's just a bit more of a pain but might work better.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eccentric weight training, jessica smith, jessica smith get strong, jessica smith strength, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews, purple player, streaming reviews, streaming workouts, strength rotation