Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-21, 06:16 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I did watch the FB Group Video by the moderator Janessa. She went into more detail about the dvds.

Because of Covid there is a very limited supply of hard copy dvd's right now. While you can get them, it is very expensive, and then you still need to print to them. She tried to see if there was another way she could do it, but it wasn't going to be affordable. Amazon has a print to order service, but it takes 2-3 months and the quality isn't good. She also said Jessica worked on the program for about nine months and it was delayed repeatedly because of the issue with the dvds. She couldn't find a work around for it, unfortunately.

Jessica knows that some will be upset by no dvd's, but there will be dvds in the future for other workouts. However, Janessa doesn't know if it will include this program.
Sherry,

I'm very confused.

This doesn't sound like a review of the workouts. This sounds like Janessa speaking FOR Jessica.

This muddies the waters on what / who has authority to speak on issues.

Does that make sense?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 06:34 PM  
anik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Check out this thread. There's been some discussion about this set and Carol (txmom) posted excellent reviews of the dvds she'd done. http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...t=define+align

I like this set because each DVD is just 30min long, you get 12 DVDs that are very efficient, great variety of workouts (strength, cardio, pilates, barre). Karen doesn't rep you to death and yet you feel worked out. You get a workout calendar, nutrition guide, a ball and a band. The production and sound quality is substandard (but not too bad), but workouts are solid.
Thank you so much! This sounds like something I would enjoy.
anik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 07:23 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Sherry,

I'm very confused.

This doesn't sound like a review of the workouts. This sounds like Janessa speaking FOR Jessica.

This muddies the waters on what / who has authority to speak on issues.

Does that make sense?
I'm sorry Linda. I'm only trying to help, and reassure people that dvds will be coming in the future. As to who is speaking for whom, my brain is too tired to figure it out, lol. I'll be honest, if I were Jessica, I would have addressed the dvd issue in the email newsletter.

The majority of the video was a review of the workout program and how to access it on the digital platform. The dvd question was a brief comment at the beginning. I apologize if I caused more confusion.
Old 03-04-21, 08:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

I appreciate you coming back and posting all you learned.

It's nice to see excitement over a release.

P.S.
I don't think you should apologize.

Seems to me it's a confusion set up by Janessa that Jessica should address.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-04-21, 08:23 PM  
Leonana

You know, I just realized that I did nothing wrong. You are right, I shouldn't have apologized. I was talking about dvds, and you changed the subject to how Jessica handles her business. You are the one being critical, in a passive aggressive manner. I'm mad at myself for falling for it. That's it, I'm out of GD. One post even criticized Jessica as a mother, because she won't expose her child to strangers on the internet! Nuts! There is too much passive aggressiveness masked as concern, which is the most insidious kind.

If I were Jessica, I would handle my business in a similar way. I would not expose myself to the negativity. She probably gets plenty in critical emails as it is. She is right to explain her system, and make no apologies or explanations for how it's delivered or how long it takes. Because in the end it won't matter, people will still criticize.
Old 03-05-21, 11:24 AM  
fanofladyvols

Sherry,

I am sorry my post upset you. I know you mentioned having a difficult time being the moderator there and being torn about posting here.

I was not passive aggressive, nor did I intend to be.

My heartfelt apologies, Sherry.

Old 03-05-21, 12:15 PM  
sbh

I did email Jessica about this program being offered in dvd format. Here is the response I received:

"Dear Sherri,

Thank you so much for writing and for your interest in our new Lift and Shift program.

While we continue to offer our other programs on DVD, this particular course is being offered in digital format only in order to provide you with a more guided, connected journey and most importantly, so that we can ensure our 60-day money back guarantee is upheld.

To clarify, once you purchase the program, it is yours to keep forever and will be accessible in your library at all times and you can download it to as many compatible devices as you like to watch it offline as well.

We know that new technology can be intimidating, and we are here to help. It's free to try our digital delivery with our intro video and our support team is always available for assistance to walk you through the process. Our "Welcome and Getting Started" video here shows you how to navigate the platform and how you can stream or download your videos to your favorite compatible devices.

I hope this is helpful. Please contact us if you have any additional questions we can help answer. We are always happy to help any way we can.

Sincerely,
Anna
Customer Care"

So, it looks like it will only be offered via streaming.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 02:27 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I would like more information on downloading the workouts.
I wish this was offered as downloads similar to what Cathe does.

I emailed them to see if these can truly be downloaded to our own devices.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 04:09 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
I would like more information on downloading the workouts.
I wish this was offered as downloads similar to what Cathe does.

I emailed them to see if these can truly be downloaded to our own devices.
I think people are missing the point of not being able to download to a USB. She is offering a 60 day money back guarantee. If you download them to a USB drive, what’s to stop you in 45 or 59 days emailing and asking for a refund? How can they possibly grant that when you have downloaded the workouts? By only having “access” through PurplePlay if you request a refund, they take access away.

Make sense?

That doesn’t help with other workouts and not being able to download, but hopefully it helps clear up some of this confusion on this set.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 04:22 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I’m looking for clarity on what is being offered.

I have supported Jessica a long time and wouldn’t ask for a refund.

A “download “ on an app isn’t a true download in my eyes.

If I spend $100, I want it as a true download.
If that’s not what’s being offered, then that helps with my decision.

I’m exiting these threads soon.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift