Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-20, 08:12 PM  
JBliff

My workout Tuesday was 40 minutes on the elliptical and Stretch Max resistance band segment. Wednesday's workout was Push/Pull.

Cher
- Our trees haven't turned colors yet. I guess it's still pretty warm up till now.

Karjoy - We're getting cooler weather starting tomorrow. I am looking forward to it for a change.

I just saw that Cathe posted the DVDs should arrive in NJ next Tuesday and they'll send the DVDs to us on 10/21 .

Have a good evening, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 08:45 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Short post. I ran 4.3 miles after work and did a few sets of pushups. Rested yesterday.

Cool weather will be here tomorrow! Yippee. We have had some blessed cloud cover this week.

Jbliff can’t wait to get my hands on the new Cathes . Shorter workout times will go great with 3-4 mile runs.

Vannie how cold is it in your neck of the woods? Do you live in Minnesota?

2 people who work in our office tested + for COvID today. Unfortunately some of our staff does not adhere closely to mask guidelines and here you go. And management does not hold them to it. I find the whole situation hard to believe.
Shaking my head.

Cher are you going to the cabin this weekend?

Thinking of you Gibbee, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 05:48 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was an oldie, the first 30 minutes of Kari Andersen’s Body Tech then forwarded to the weight work and finished up the video.

JBliff - We had a freeze warning last night. Our pretty leaves are all starting to fall already. Yay, we’ll have Cathe dvds soon.

Karen - That stinks about the 2 positive Covid cases in your office. How will that effect you? Were you near them? Our cases here have been slowly rising a bit. No, I’m not going to the cabin this weekend. My dad winterized my little cabin after I left last weekend. (Shut off the water to it and blows out the water lines so they don’t freeze during the winter). I might go back up either next weekend or the following one to help with leaves and just stay on the couch bed in my parents cabin. My dad will winterize their cabin probably on their last trip either next weekend or the following one....whichever ends up being their last trip up for the year.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 07:28 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. DH and I decided to take a short drive to a town near here that has a nice beach since it was such a beautiful day. We walked along the beach for about 30 minutes and it was so peaceful. There was no one around so we were able to walk without masks, even though we carried them with us. In the afternoon I did Kickmax up until the leg drill portion (about 55 minutes).

Karjoy
- Bummer about the positive cases in your office. Do you have to self quarantine now? I saw on the news that Florida led the country in COVID deaths yesterday. It's infuriating because these deaths are largely preventable if people would take more precautions.

Cher - Yikes, freeze warning already? We're in the upper 50s today and it's the coldest it's been all year.

Gibbee - I hope you are doing OK.

Hi to Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 10-16-20, 11:40 PM  
Vantreesta

My shipping notice from Cathe was in my spam folder today! It's weird that it says it *was* shipped on 10/21.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 02:52 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Check in Darrell flat lined Tuesday while I was visiting him. Long story short they revived him with CPR and took him to University Hospital. Given the issues he was facing (fluid on lungs, heart, kidney disease, cidp, infection in heel requiring another amputation, etc.) we opted for comfort care and had the breathing tubes removed Thursday. He passed away mid afternoon Friday. My heart is broken.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers through it all.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 05:44 AM  
Cher

Gibbee I’m so sorry. Thoughts, prayers and hugs to you and Alex during this very sad time.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 07:14 AM  
JBliff

Gibbee - I am so so sorry for your loss. Words cannot express how sad I am for you. Know that we're all thinking about you here. Hugs.
Old 10-17-20, 08:32 AM  
Vantreesta

Oh, Gibbee, I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Praying for you and Alex, for peace and comfort.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 05:36 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

Gibbee - I saw your sad news on Facebook. I am so terribly sorry for you, Alex and especially for Darrell. What a struggle he went through, but he was truly blessed by your love for him.

Many, many prayers.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote