Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-17, 09:58 AM  
owltx

Waterpark Max

Holy cow, what an intense workout! I took DS, 7, for a little mommy-and-son time before school started to a nearby seaside town and we spent a couple of days at an (awesome) water park. I should note that since I wasn't at work, I had more leisurely mornings and did Suzanne Bowen's tighten, tone and torch the first morning (usually don't have time for the whole thing anyway).

Well, that arm workout usually slays me anyway and then: my son fell in love with this giant coaster/blaster water slide and in the afternoons the lines are always very long so we got all our rides in at once in the morning. Usually 5 or so rides before the line got too long - 136 steps up carrying a 16 pound tube. Then in the "rapids" river - hanging on the tube for dear life while being besieged by waves and making sure DS was still in tube.

Uh, let's just say I regretted that arm workout and stuck to light cardio and stretch the next couple of days.

We really did have a great time. I was just surprised how sore parts of my body were after - shoulders, arms, core and outside of thighs. Maybe I need to add a rapids lazy river to my workout room . .. this could be the final straw for DH . . .
Old 07-28-17, 10:36 AM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

" Maybe I need to add a rapids lazy river to my workout room . .. this could be the final straw for DH . . . "

But it's for your *health*! Surely he wouldn't stand in the way of health and fitness!

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 03:36 PM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfreund View Post
But it's for your *health*! Surely he wouldn't stand in the way of health and fitness!
HAHAHA. I am totally going to use this on him!