Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-22, 01:05 PM  
Terry

Senior Moments - Exercise Video Related

I was telling a young co-worker how much I liked her name: Callan. I stated that I had never heard of that name before. She told me that her grandmother picked it out based on some exercise video woman. OOOPs! I guess I did know the name Callan, and had known it for a whole lot of years.

I'm hoping that some of you have some Senior Moments related to working out that you can post here. It could be funny-ish.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 03:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i would deem your story as coincidence than a senior moment! kind of like when you find out someone else is a fellow vidiot!

when i first heard Callan's name, i thought it sounded like a dude's name.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 11:55 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Callan Pinckney! Scary that I know that .
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 06:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Maybe it was more that it was so out of context. I was once on jury duty for ten weeks. Yes, ten! Toward the end of it, I was in the cafeteria in the courthouse and I saw a man who looked so familiar, but I just couldn't place him (I was under 30 at the time, so this was not a senior moment!). I realized later that it was the judge, but because he didn't have his robe on and we weren't in the court room, I couldn't place his face.
Old 06-18-22, 01:25 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I was telling a young co-worker how much I liked her name: Callan. I stated that I had never heard of that name before. She told me that her grandmother picked it out based on some exercise video woman. OOOPs! I guess I did know the name Callan, and had known it for a whole lot of years.

I'm hoping that some of you have some Senior Moments related to working out that you can post here. It could be funny-ish.
Cute story Thank you for sharing.

My senior exercise moments usually include forgetting to turn off the DVD player. I have been known to hit the channel changer button instead of the volume button which is extremely frustrating for my husband since he has to fix it! I also go to the pantry to get water when doing cardio and then forget why I am there, lol.