Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-01-22, 09:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - Spring 2022

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy, healthy and safe spring!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-22, 09:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Here's my last post from last month's thread:

Hi all !!

Yesterday:

37 minute outdoor walk

I'm going to start the new thread for spring now! Hope to see you all there!

Have a great day!
Old 03-02-22, 10:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday:

Pahla B Weights Workout for Weight Loss

I think this was Pahla's December weight workout. I enjoyed it. I am hoping for a walk later today after my dentist appt.

Hope everyone is doing ok!! I'm not that interesting to be talking by myself here LOL.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 03-03-22, 10:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday:

35 minute outdoor walk

Have a great day!
Old 03-03-22, 10:14 AM  
Vantreesta

I already have too many check ins but you looked lonely, summer breeze, so I just thought I would say hello! Hopefully your buddies check in soon!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 09:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I already have too many check ins but you looked lonely, summer breeze, so I just thought I would say hello! Hopefully your buddies check in soon!
LOL, Vantreesta! Thanks. I'm sure they'll be back soon. I was just being a little silly up thread but I appreciate your stopping by. That was sweet
Old 03-06-22, 10:55 AM  
cambet

Hi, Ladies,

SummerBreeze - Thanks for starting the new thread and for keeping us going!

Yesterday I took an hour-long power walk (3.48 miles) in my neighborhood. I was stressed about a work problem and walked with a purpose, so the first mile took 17.24 minutes, but the next two were 16:55 and 16:34. I had no idea at the time; I think that was my first time doing less than 17 minute miles. I made it to over 12, 800 steps for the day.

My (work) life has been out of control, but I really, really, would like to get back into a regular exercise routine. It would seem like I could fit in 30 minutes a day a few times a week. I'd REALLY like to get back to fitting in weights. I'm going to think about it and see what I can do.

I was also out of sorts this past week because I went to Atlanta last Sunday to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday. We had a lovely family celebration. That's the good news. The bad news is that my mother (who is already 80) is experiencing more and more episodes of confusion. I stayed a little longer than planned because I wanted to spend a little extra time with her. I got back Tuesday evening. I did take a walk with one of the Italy crew on Wednesday, to debrief her on my trip. Made it to 12,982 steps that day. And Friday I had some coworkers over for dinner after work and had to run around the house cleaning before they arrived, so I made it to over 11,000 steps that day (and we had a very nice time ). Other than that, my step totals haven't made it to 10,000 steps/day, but I really am going to think about it and try to do better.

SB - Wow, I was glad to see that you have gotten back to your outdoor walks. From the winter thread it sounds like your back has improved, but you have been proceeding cautiously because there is still some pain. I know you know not to overdo it, so I hope that you can keep up with your workouts! How is it going otherwise? I promise I'll start posting more. I have a coworker who I notice is always posting clips from her workouts (she's working with a personal trainer) on FB and I keep asking myself, how is it that she's finding the time to work out and I'm constantly overwhelmed with work??? There must be another way, I guess I just need to move some priorities around, but I do want to get back to working out and posting regularly.

Waves to Penguin and Nora (and Vantreesta)!
Old 03-06-22, 11:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET, good to see you back but sorry about all the work woes and about your mom. That's always concerning. Good to see some really nice step totals in there along the way. You're very conscientious with your job and it takes it's toll on your energy levels so don't feel bad about not keeping up with your exercise regimen during very busy and stressful times. We all do what we can

I got a little off course the last few days. It's hard picking the exercise habit back up but my back is improving and the walks feel good. So with the nicer weather coming in soon I'm hoping to be more consistent. I still have to tread carefully with my back however. P.S. Don't worry about the posting either. We all get busy and off track at times

Waves to all! Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-07-22, 10:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

38 minute outdoor walk

We're having some balmy weather for a day or 2 so I hope to get out there again and enjoy it today before the cold and possible snow on Wednesday returns.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 03-07-22, 01:05 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB- Sorry for the delayed check in on my part. Sure is nice to see Spring in the title though. Also, I'm glad that you're slowly getting back to the walking and more. Yes, warmer weather really helps on that front.

Same old same old for me. After a few days off of P90X Halfsies, I doubled back down and now have only three workouts to complete. I'm leaving for a little vaca on the 12th, so I will get them done before I leave and consider it mission accomplished. I've also been walking outside when I can, and other cardio inside when I can't.

Cambet, you sound as busy as always. Sorry to hear about your mom. Do you have a spring break coming soon, or is that over?