Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-29-21, 12:27 AM  
Demeris

Oh my gosh. You poor souls. I dearly hope you get your electricity back quickly. And I hope all those in your area are safe.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 07:47 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Thank you everyone. I hope all others who are affected by this power outage get power soon!!!

We need it.

Mine came on at 11:45 last night , Thursday! Again I do t know how I woke up but it happened.

Be ever so grateful for power. It literally runs the world.

I you run on Dunkin I know you need power.

It’s a horrible feeling to be in the dark about everything

Download 5 days of exercises so you can have something to watch on your computer or fully charged phones.

I couldn’t even get the weather yesterday !!!!!

And now I’m be quiet after a storm.

Everyone. Have a giant candle or some type of light that will work when the power or other disaster could happen.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 09:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm happy to hear your power is on. When we lose it, it shows just how dependent we are on it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 10:35 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I'm happy to hear your power is on. When we lose it, it shows just how dependent we are on it.
Hi Pat:

Now I know how horrible you can get out of balance when you don't communicate even with people you will never see.

I didn't realize was getting out of sorts because I didn't do what my son said to do and that was to charge the phone in the car fully ,

Well, I charged my phone only ½ way to reserve gas but then came in the house, had turned off the car, come to find out, he had my house keys with him. Oiy-vey.

so, he had to come back because I could not start the car to charge the phone or go any where.. Crazy..

I don't like that feeling at all. thanks for replying and i'm hopping the rest of New England has power by now also..

<3

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-29-21, 05:06 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

We lose power a lot here - I learned to charge everything as soon as I hear the words nor'easter, tropical storm, hurricane or high winds!

When I hear tropical storm or hurricane, we fill the ice chest and start eating everything in the fridge the moment a forecast comes through. The infrastructure where I live is in terrible need of an overhaul.

It's also wise to take money out of the ATM and gas up the cars.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 05:13 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Red face

Pat, I felt paralyzed. and didn't know I was in that state of confusion.

I don't listen to the news or weather so I really did not get the gist of it. and most times, I don't trust weather men.. they are like hit or guess. lol.

I knew I had ½ tank and that's why I didn't want to sit in the car to just charge my phone.

here I am, 67 and still learning how to cope with adversities.

I didn't leave the house today because I still was feeling not myself. Just took a rest day.

'with it being just me, no way could I have eaten all the Frozen food.. I just acceptd it would have to be rebought. But it all stayed frozen and no leaks from the fridge.

I will surely take heed from this day forward.

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-30-21, 12:34 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cheryl,

Glad to hear you're okay. That was a long time to be without power! And, scary to be alone during all of this, too!

I think with each storm, I'll be more prepared. But, you just never know the outcome.

Sure, I have extra food, flashlights, a number of devices that are always being charged. But, you never know how long it's going to be, when you're without power.

The biggest danger for us, is fallen trees and downed powerlines. This time we lucked out, but haven't been so lucky in the past.

Once we had to check into a hotel, when we didn't have electricity for heat or hot water. That was after three days, and we were only in the hotel one night. Not everyone has that kind of luxury, as it's expensive to do so. Being new to New England, we didn't know anyone and don't have family here. That's the worst when you're really stranded with no one to call for help.

I'm sure you'll get back to normal, and be able to put it behind you. Thank God we live in modern times with modern conveniences, that everyone takes for granted nowadays!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote