Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-20, 09:10 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I agree with the advice to find hills to walk. I also recommend walking with a weighted vest to increase intensity. Before my foot surgery this summer I was using an adjustable weighted vest and was up to about 10 pounds. Look up "Rucking" which is walking with a weighted pack. I guess you could hold hand weights too.
I also recommend getting your upper body involved by pumping your arms.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 02:06 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I had some free time this afternoon after dropping my older son off at his after school sports camp so I walked from there to the nearby Best Buy on the other side of town to do curbside pickup for two items I had ordered. I stuck the Chromebook box under one arm and a keyboard under the other. Walking with a goal/destination in mind Combined with KCM's Amped Up Cardio, Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body and a walk to my younger son's preschool to pick him up, I racked up 25,000 steps! Nothing like errands to keep me motivated, even if some of it is lower intensity.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-20, 10:48 PM  
Genevieve M

Try rebounding!!!
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 12:02 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I had some free time this afternoon after dropping my older son off at his after school sports camp so I walked from there to the nearby Best Buy on the other side of town to do curbside pickup for two items I had ordered. I stuck the Chromebook box under one arm and a keyboard under the other. Walking with a goal/destination in mind Combined with KCM's Amped Up Cardio, Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body and a walk to my younger son's preschool to pick him up, I racked up 25,000 steps! Nothing like errands to keep me motivated, even if some of it is lower intensity.
Wow that was a lot of exercise for one day! The other day I decided to walk to the post office and bank instead of driving. 2.5 miles each way. I was going to walk anyway and it was a change from my usual route which is about 5.3 miles. Then on my way back, DH and DD were walking the dog (DD2?) so I joined them for a bit and my total was 6.0miles. My usual walk has more hills though.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 09:23 PM  
joanna33

Gliding! On a glide board
Old 12-16-20, 09:25 PM  
joanna33

Oh yea, deep water aqua jogging with a buoyancy belt and hand water weights

Tags
cardio, foot surgery, rucking, running, running alternatives, stair climbing, stairs