Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-12-19, 05:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Tear off the shrinkwrap! New workout check in!

Since several people liked the idea of a check in for untried "virgin" workouts I thought I'd start one! Share what new-to-you workout you've done lately. Whether it's stayed in shrinkwrap on your shelf for years, you just purchased an oldie or it's truly a brand new workout, tell us about it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 05:29 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I broke the shrinkwrap on a 2011 Denise Austin DVD, Sculpt & Burn Body Blitz, and did the warmup, Cardio Sculpt and cooldown sections. I don't know what year I bought this but it has been on my shelf a long time! It was typical Denise, maybe a little more subdued than some of her others. I felt she was a little too concerned with getting the cardio part in and did some exercises too quickly but overall I enjoyed it.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-12-19, 10:47 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Thank you for starting this check-in Vantreesta.

I've been adding the first quadrant of Zumba Strong to my workouts this week. It's one of my newer virgins, but I've got to start somewhere.

Noel
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 11:14 PM  
Vantreesta

Noel, is Zumba Strong easy to split up like the dance workouts?

I hope this check in will encourage me to dive into more newbies!

Old 09-13-19, 03:28 AM  
IceQueen07

Tried Linda Wooldridge Interval Barre Fusion - Barre Interval 40. Unfortunately didn't finish it, not really sure this is for me, but will give the other ones on the dvd a go and see how I like. I like barre workout, just wasn't feeling this one.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 07:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I had read so much through the years about the WW 4 Week Targeted Toning dvd with Suzanne Bowen. I found one on ebay and purchased it recently. I broke the shrinkwrap on it the other day and tried it out. Unfortunately I didn't get too far with it. It didn't seem very challenging or very interesting in the one segment I tried. Oh well. I may re-visit it again soon and try some more segments but not so anxious to do so right now.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 08:18 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Noel, is Zumba Strong easy to split up like the dance workouts?

I hope this check in will encourage me to dive into more newbies!
I don't have any Zumba dance workouts, but Strong is broken down in to four segments so it's very easy to split. The segments get progressively difficult, but there is a modifier.

This check in will definitely help me be accountable. About eight more hours in a day would be helpful too.
Old 09-13-19, 11:07 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
I don't have any Zumba dance workouts, but Strong is broken down in to four segments so it's very easy to split. The segments get progressively difficult, but there is a modifier.

This check in will definitely help me be accountable. About eight more hours in a day would be helpful too.
Thanks for the info! It's another I have still in shrinkwrap. But at least I only bought it this year!

Yes, wanting more hours in a day is a common topic in my family!

Old 09-13-19, 12:21 PM  
CharM

Are they real virgins if they just came in the mail? I have other ones that had been sitting around for a while, but I wanted to get to these first.
I got a few Pink Firms in the mail the other day (Mary's sale) so yesterday I did Total Body Time Crunch. Not bad, I wish I had more time to switch weights in some sections, but I guess that's why there's a pause button. Or I could skip a rep or two, I haven't decided what would bother me less.

Today, 500 Calorie Workout. I rarely do hour long workouts, but I read good reviews about this one and couldn't wait to try it. Kelsie was a little loud in the warm-up, but then she calmed down (or they adjusted the volume). She's excellent at cuing and the moves are fun. I can easily break this up by doing just the chapters I want next time to make it a 45 minute workout. I like how the weights suddenly disappear when you don't need them. I wish it worked like that in my workout room.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 02:12 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Today I did Aimee Nicotera's 2 x 2 Conditioning Vol. 2. This was harder than I anticipated. Even though I chose mostly the mid intensity options, a couple of times I dropped back to the base move.

After I recovered from 2 x 2 Conditioning I did 2 segments of 10 Minute Solution Butt Lift: Cardio Booty Camp and HIIT Butt Lift. Good little workouts!

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins