Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-21-22, 06:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello all!!

Workouts first...Sunday was Squeeze Stronger, from which I'm STILL sore. I have to start adding that one in regularly until I don't get so sore from it!

Monday was CL 130, Keep the Cardio Coming which is SO fun because there's so much variety, it flies. Plus, Al is in it. And they're in Xmas costumes. Deb, in particular, is SO STINKING CUTE in her outfit but I have no idea how she managed to work out in that. Fierce!!

Today was Pure Barre Lowry Lofts 2 and it was really challenging for me with these very sore, shaky thighs. OUCH.

Bee, I laughed so hard at your Imax 2 Premix B. That's brilliant! And Bali? Seriously, how awesome! I'm so curious about your new job!

Manleym, glad we're not the only ones on the assessments...our value has literally tripled in just a short amount of time. It's absolute insanity! I'm curious about which Eoin that was too.

VVfer, what a COOL story about Diane! I so can see the resemblance and what an amazing compliment!

Horusosiris, Xmas in June/July? UG. Just UG. Keep us posted on what you decide with the car. I'm glad I don't drive much but my husband is really feeling the crunch. Oh, and my car requires, REQUIRES premium gasoline. Can we say ouch?? ARG!! Which Pure Barre workouts did you like the most?

ChelePA, I would think that yes, you might compensate with your 'good' leg which caused the cramping plus all the proprioception stuff that's going on. I recall actually waking up in the middle of the night with similar cramping after really grueling spin classes the night before. I always wondered if it was just dehydration or what!

FN2, that's a good point on the pushups I hadn't even thought about...I haven't had pushup dread since STS! But I do love a good hack to tweak things up. I still need to try it!

Kim, sorry about working from home not being your favorite way to work. But dang, woman, a push mower, in the heat no less?? I feel you! That is quite the workout! Glad for the battery, phew!

Okay, waves and hugs to all...gotta run!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 11:33 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Well despite my best intentions, I have now gone another week without posting. The days just get away from me. Working 2 part time jobs from home is still great though! SO GLAD I don't have to go into an office!

I'll just backtrack briefly. The best news is that on Mon 13th Justin got a clean bill of health from the chemo dr. So far. The tumor is still there but so far there is no cancer in it. It's like it's dead. So now we wait another 3 months for another checkup.
14th: Epic Day 27 plus 15 Min Standing Abs and Arms
15th: Epic Day 28
16th: Body Step 59
17th: Epic Day 29

I am not doubling up on the Caroline workouts as much because they are getting longer in themselves. Plus we (me) are still cleaning up tree debris from the storms in May. Since hubby tore his ACL, he hasn't been able to do much. Plus it got up to 100+ degrees up here Sun and Mon - too hot to work outside!

This week:
20th: Epic Day 30 and Day 35. Both shorter cardio workouts. I had the energy but did not like all the burpees. But still good stuff from Miss Caroline.
21st: New Body Combat 90 on Les Mills on Demand!!!! I live for new Combats! I am toying with the idea of doing some of their Hybrid workouts which combine tracks from different workouts.
Today: Epic Day 31 - 45 minute dumbell abs and glutes. CG used 44lbs, I used my 45lb kettlebell. Ow. I love her ab work - this time it there was floor work at the beginning, glutes, then core/plank work at the end. I'm hooked on her workouts!

I've been considering stopping Epic I and moving on to Epic II. Egad SO MANY GOOD WORKOUTS!!
Still fitting in Yoga in the afternoons, meditating every day. Weekends usually working in the yard or garden.

Back to read posts. You are all so amazing!!! Inspiring and fun posts to read!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 11:50 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym… so glad you loved Charleston! It was nice staying at the beach but able to visit such a historical city with so much to do. One of my favorite vacations besides Bermuda. No fun with the car situation but boy did you have a great attitude. So frustrating!

Kittybug… our taxes just keep creeping up and up and up. We actually challenged them at one point and was able to get $2000 off. Our house was nowhere appraised at the value they were taxing us on.. I think things will settle down as the Fed rates go up as well as inflation. Unfortunately, we are now also looking for a new car since my daughter will need a vehicle for college. Interest rates are not our friend these days.

VVfer… inquiring minds want to know what movie you were talking about? I think it’s incredible the amount you walk on a daily basis.

Bee… I was watching a movie yesterday and they were talking about visiting Bali. I thought of you immediately. Sounds like you are enjoying the job so far? Love your Imax 2 modifications. That was one of my favorite cardio workouts in the past.

Kate… thinking of you and hoping your son as well as your husband is doing OK.

Cataddict… so impressed with your push-up abilities!!! My upper body has always been much weaker than my lower body. The band is actually helping me keep better form than I did in the past. Especially with my weak shoulder these days.

Horusosiris… we are looking at new cars right now. Not the best timing with pricing, interest rates, and available stock. Not considering hybrid or electric at this point. Out of our price range, unfortunately. My husband does drive quite a distance to work on a daily basis. So gas prices are becoming a factor in our decision as well. We think we’re going to let our daughter keep his car and look for a new one for him. Used car prices are skyrocketing right now. We usually keep our cars forever and ever so it doesn’t make sense to buy used at this point. Plus we need reliability with how far he travels. So many decisions. I’m not much help regarding Tesla. Ha ha.

Kim… glad you have some flexibility to save on gas even though it’s not your favorite. My husband has been trying to work from home once per week if possible. He travels to the Poconos on a daily basis.

FOLV and Nathalie… hope you are enjoying summer! Check in when you get a chance.

Peloton workouts today included 10 minutes core. 20 minutes Pilates. 10 minutes full bodyweight strength. I haven’t used my trampoline since my injured foot in May. I really want to add a little impact to my foot/leg but I’m so cautious. Decided to try a Kat rebounding workout. Approximately 20 minutes. I have to modify a few of the moves as well as the speed. Will see how my leg feels later today or might not feel it until tomorrow. Finished with a 20 minute slow yoga flow. Basically a nice long stretch.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 11:51 AM  
ChelePA

Kate… we must have been posting at the same time. So happy about your son’s news!!!!!
Old 06-22-22, 04:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

kittybug, it seems like Squeeze Stronger is one of those workouts where you get more out of it when you put more into it. You obviously were an A+!

Kate, great news for Justin (and you!)! Thank goodness. If you have to have a tumor, I guess it's best to have a "dead" one. You are doing such fierce workouts, girl! And yes, so many great ones -- I feel the same!

Chele, good work trying the rebounder! On the car issue..... I may have said this already, but we are a big Subaru family. We like the price, reliability, gas mileage, and safety! My boys got into an accident on their way to high school one morning. Went into a spin and hit the retaining wall head on. They walked away from it. So lucky!! We have four Subaru's for four people.

This morning I skipped the burpees and weights Fuel workout and jumped ahead to Quads -- #16. Another great lower body workout, though perhaps not very much fun. It felt more repetitive for some reason. I controlled the staple moves (crouch to jump and crouch to burpee) to keep my heart rate in a not completely high range. That part was good.

Waves to all!!
Old 06-22-22, 05:47 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Today was CL 353, Metabolic Conditioning #2 (so I guess there's a #1 which I'm not sure if I've done or not) which I thoroughly enjoyed and added to my favorites. Geez, I need to be more selective or pretty soon they will ALL be in my favorites.

Bee, that's funny on Squeeze Stronger because this time I ~felt~ way stronger and was able to go WAY deeper in the leg work and felt like I had better form on some of the arm work. That must have ramped up the soreness for sure.

KateTT, BEST NEWS EVER for Justin, I'm so thrilled and relieved for you both!! Hang in there with that cleanup and the heat. We're about to hit 100 here finally for the first time this year, which is just late and kinda odd but I sure won't complain about that.

Oh, Chele, sorry about having to get a new car right now...I know, worst timing, right? Hope you find something reasonable that you all like. We have old, old cars and keep them limping along, sigh.

Okay, more work to do, gotta run....waves to all, say hi when you can!!

Old 06-23-22, 01:11 PM  
ChelePA

Bee… thanks for the car recommendations. We actually had a brand new Subaru Crosstrek that was totaled in my car accident. It definitely saved my life. We bought it for the safety features and size for my daughter since she was a new driver and we were going to share it. I can’t even think if I had my old car what the end results would’ve been. When we replaced that car, we ended up getting a Mazda CX 30. Within our price range and good safety ratings. Had a few features our Subaru didn’t for the same cost. We were debating again between a Subaru and Mazda for the newer car. Looked at many used vehicles and priced them out. But the finances just weren’t making sense. Used cars are ridiculously overpriced right now. Since we just bought the Mazda within the past year, they are willing to give us a good deal. Priced much better than Honda, Toyota, and Subaru for a SUV. All the local dealers have no cars in stock so we made the decision to reserve one, which should be here mid July. Just in time for my daughter starting college and hopefully I will feel more comfortable driving in the next few weeks.

Kate… I have continued with my nightly meditations which are really helping with my sleep these days. Except of course last night when our dog was fearful of the storm coming in. We hung out from 3 to 5:30 AM. He’s lucky he’s so cute.

Peloton workouts today included a 45 minute 80s themed cycling class. The last 20 minutes was dedicated to the movie and music from Top Gun. Fun stuff! Finished with a 10 minute beginner yoga focusing on baby cradle. Followed by 10 minutes of foam rolling and stretching of quads and hamstrings.

Did anyone take Cathe’s live 400 today? Looked like she tried some different moves using the bands and weights combined. I like an upper body and cardio mix. Hopefully again someday!

My husband and daughter with her best friend are headed to Philadelphia for a Wallows Concert. It was our graduation gift to both of them. My husband is just the chauffeur. We didn’t feel comfortable letting them drive alone into the city. Not the greatest area near the Met. Plus driving back so late made us nervous. They are so excited despite dad being along for the ride

Happy Thursday!
Old 06-23-22, 06:04 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

manleym & Chele - It was Father of the Bride Part II (1995). They just use stand-ins to adjust the lights, etc., until the main actor comes in. I did do one scene where big dogs were jumping on me. Any shots from the waist down are me. The facial reactions are Diane. They put hot dogs in my pockets to get their attention. It was actually scary!

Chele - I've cut back on the walking. My feet were getting tired!

Kate - That is GREAT news about Justin! As for workouts, I wish I had your energy and focus!

bee - I've owned a couple of Subarus. My Forester saved my life in an accident years ago. They are really good cars. (I own a Jeep now and love the darn thing.)

Workouts:
Tues: 10 Days to a Better Body - upper body
Weds: 3 Mile Hill Walk

Hugs!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 06:09 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey Watulans!

Vvfer, I am SO going to find and stream that movie now! That's so cool!!! 10 Days to a Better Body...who is that? Why does that sound familiar?

ChelePA, great news about the car, even if you have to wait a bit. Hope your daughter has a fantastic time! So nice of dad too!!

Today was Pure Barre Pure Results Feature Focus: Abs. YOW. I enjoyed this instructor most of all, not sure why. I don't have the figure-8 or double tubing they have, so I made do with handled tubing and my firewalker but now I'm going to try to find what they have because there were some AWKWARD moves otherwise (hello, pretzel). I was a sweaty mess!!

Stay fierce, my friends!! It's almost Friday!

Old 06-24-22, 08:22 AM  
ChelePA

Cathe’s Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower kicked my butt this morning. I forgot how metabolic this routine was. My heart rate was in zone three for the entire workout. I lifted lighter than Cathe and sometimes used bodyweight for the first set since the movements were more rapid and I wanted to make sure I had proper technique. What a cardio effect! The difference with Peloton versus Cathe is the amount of rest you get in between circuits or sets. It can vary between 15 seconds to a full minute. Plus there’s more talking and shout outs in their workouts. And I often do a mix of instructors that are on the schedule. So I get rest in between those sections as well. Another difference with Peloton is the form pointers. It has really helped me in my strength training, yoga and cycling. I think they have over 50 instructors so lots of variety and variations on technique. I also added on six pack abs #1 + extended stretch. Really need to substitute more Cathe in my Peloton schedule. It would be a nice way to mix things up. Sometimes I get lazy and just follow the calendar or only use her warm-ups on occasion.

My daughter and I are taking my mom to lunch today. Happy Friday!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in