Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-21-22, 01:11 PM  
Jules

I tore the shrink-wrap off my Peak Fit Challenge set yesterday and did Cardio Strength #1. Tough stuff! It felt like I was working right at my edge during the cardio segments. I modified the high impact and slowed down some moves to make it safe for me. Michelle suggests 5-15 pound weights and I tried 15 pounders when she said to go heavy, but she moves really fast and I dropped down to 10s. In the end I used 5s, 8s and 10s. 493 cal/60 minutes

Trying to decide what I want to do today - I am leaning towards a BodyCombat.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 04:31 PM  
Jules

Tried out the last Sport workout today - #8 is great! It was led by the same dude as the last 2 (Billy) and Dana. I get the feeling that Billy is the mastermind behind all the pain b/c since he has been in the workouts the intensity has gone way up. I used a pair of 10 pound dumbbells and an 8" step. Once again I had to press pause a couple of times when my heart rate got too high. 60 min/ 475 calories.

Now that I have done all the Sports that were on sale I can rate them easiest to hardest: 4, 5, 6 & 8-tie, 7. #7 definitely challenged me the most and gave me the highest calorie burn. #6 had tough balance work and #8 had lots of cardio.
Old 05-24-22, 02:43 PM  
Jules

I didn't think the ab work in Sport 8 was too crazy, but my abs sure are sore all over today. I think I will try out a new spin from Les Mills The Trip today. They are only about 40 minutes long, so I can add in some yoga later.

We are almost done with the school year. I am taking this Friday off. The following week we have Memorial Day and Friday off, then just one more week to go after that! I have totally let the housecleaning slide, so I will have plenty of chores to do in June.

I don't know exactly what I will do for workouts in the summer yet, but I will start taking the dog for daily walks soon. Someone posted a pic of a mama grizzly bear and her yearling in their yard on our Nextdoor site a few days ago, so I am waiting a bit longer. I do want to try out some of Caroline Girvan's stuff.

Do you gals have any fun summer plans?
Old 05-24-22, 09:04 PM  
Malinda

Hi Jules! I checked out the Sport workouts. I might have to pick a few up. Thanks for ranking them, that is very helpful!

I'm on week two of #MBF, but today was Breathless Body with DH.

We are getting our kitchen floor redone, so it has been chaotic around our house. They are laying the tile tomorrow. We can walk in it, but no damp cleaning until 72 hours. So I will be spending the holiday weekend cleaning, sealing, waxing, & buffing. And then shampooing the carpet & bathing the cats because the dust from this project has been horrendous. I can't wait for it to be done.

We are planning a trip to Miami in July, and one to Colorado over Labor Day.

Yay to the end of the school year!

Waves to everyone!
Old 05-25-22, 12:46 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: I had some Group Rx DVDs too. Sport was fun but I did get rid of them.
I might have missed it...are yours DVDs or online?
I LOVE Peak Fit Challenge! I have several of Michelle's workouts. I found her late but love her stuff.

Malinda: oooh new floors! How nice! And it's so nice to see people finally able to travel again. Hope you have fun.

So this week:
Mon: Epic I Day 19 Full Body Workout. It's just over an hour, great moves, heavy weights. I did not add anything else on. CG used 22.5, I used 21.25 (20db with 1.25 plate mate). SOOOO good!

Tues: Cathe Live 287 Cardio Kickbox Low Impact HiiT. FUN as usual from Miss Cathe! As much as I love Caroline's workouts, I miss Cathe's energy, cueing, backgrounders.

Today: I did both Epic I Day 15 and Day 20. Both 30 minute Tabata workouts. Day 15 was all bodyweight, Day 20 I used 12s (CD used 13).
I did not like these as much as the other workouts. Lots of up and down, burpees. Some moves I loved, others not so much.

Still practicing Yoga every afternoon (M-F) and meditating every single day.

Sorry I was so MIA. Life just got in the way. We had a horrible storm on the 12th. 95mph straight line winds tore down 3 huge pine trees, ripped the siding off the back of my garage. demolished my green house. The trees fortunately landed in my driveway barely missing the garage and car.
Never in my life seen a storm like that. My neighbor lost at least a dozen trees. The ground was so saturated that our trees literally just pulled out of the ground. A few even snapped right off. It was wicked!!
No power or phones for 24 hours either. No more of that please!!

Take care all. I'll keep posting!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 07:31 PM  
Jules

I sure enjoyed the long weekend - hope you all did too! My husband is making fried rice with chicken and pork belly for dinner. Then we are all going to watch a show together - either Stranger Things, Obi-Wan or The Secrets of Dumbledore. The grizzly bears are still hanging around our neighborhood. I took the dog for a walk yesterday and was super paranoid! I do carry bear spray.

My knee has been feeling good so I have stopped wearing the brace and upped the intensity of my workouts.

Tues: Les Mills The Trip #26 + Ultimate Yogi: Detox
Wed: Cathe: To the Max Extreme (Ooof!)
Thur: Boss Bands Total Body
Fri: BodyCombat #78
Sat: Walk with the dog
Sun: Cathe: X77 (Took me 87 minutes - super hard)
Today: Caroline Girvan FUEL Day 1 - Legs + Les Mills The Trip #20

One of my longtime fitness buddies asked me to do FUEL with her so I am going to give it a shot. Today was tough! The workouts are about 30 minutes plus you do your own warmup. I like that I can add on my own cardio and/or yoga. X77 just about killed me yesterday. I started off strong and ended with a whimper. I will do this workout again at the end of summer and gauge how much progress I have made.

Malinda: Hope you are enjoying your new kitchen tile and that you got all the dust cleaned up! It just gets everywhere. My husband has cut into our drywall a few times and I hate the aftermath so much.

Kate: Oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear about the high wind damage! I was staying with my folks in northern MN in the summer of 1997 when we had 2 nights of those derecho storms. The damage was unbelievable! Condolences on the loss of your greenhouse and trees.
Old 06-03-22, 03:17 PM  
Jules

I got the day off from work today and am enjoying it immensely. Just one more week to go! Yesterday one of my son's friends broke his arm while arm-wrestling another boy at lunch. I told my son no more arm wrestling at school! I know it was a freak occurrence, but it was so awful.

Monday: C.G. FUEL #1 (Legs) + Les Mills The Trip#20
Tuesday: FUEL #2 (Upper Body) + Cathe Intensity (step only)
Wednesday: FUEL #3 (Glutes & Hammies) + Butts & Guts Stability Ball Core + Sleep Well yoga (Travis)
Thursday: BodyCombat #68
Today: FUEL #4 (Total Body) + Peloton Fleetwood Mac Ride w/ Emma

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-08-22, 11:14 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello friends. So sorry to be absent so much. What a week last week. Actually had two days with appointments for Justin. Tues 31st he had a procedure to replace his liver stents which will now be routinely done every 12 weeks.
Then Thurs 2nd he had labs and CT scan. We have the 1st 3 month followup appointment with his chemo Dr on the 14th. Fingers crossed. One of the labs was to measure cancer tumor markers.

Then several days of storm tree damage cleanup, talking to insurance people, contractors inspections, etc. It's been slow going because on the 30th, hubby tore his ACL and can't do much. It's better this week but he has to take it slow. I hate to say it, but he's so out of shape that injuries happen often and his stamina is nil.

So last week just 3 days of workouts - 2 days of Epic I and Cathe Live 398 Comprehensive Core....that one was super!!

This week more of the same. I'm in a rut, but it's a good rut - GREAT workouts!
Mon: Epic Day 24 Full Body (with dumbells).
Tues: Cathe Live 272 Love Me Some Kickboxing (I bought this as a download)
Today: Epic Day 25 HiiT Full Body Workout. Fun, tough. All bodyweight hiit done 20 secs on, 20 off. I did not add anything on as I am still catching up with work, but it was a great 45 min workout.

I hope you all come back. Thank you Jules for continuing to post. HUGS

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 06-09-22, 10:41 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Today another oldie but goodie, Les Mills Body Step 57. I think it's from around 2004. Mark, Lisa, Ruthie. So much fun and the moves were simple enough I could add plenty of power.
My legs are really liking Caroline's weight work and step cardio! More definition in my quads and my legs don't get as tired when I'm working outside. I've been hauling a LOT of brush from the storm cleanup and have to walk slightly uphill for part of the trip to the brush pile. Good exercise there too!

Also my Yoga practice is really starting to change. I've been trying to do one good Yin practice during the week, and more slower moving Hatha. Not looking for the tough Vinyasa "workout" practices anymore. I get that enough in my workouts. Now I'm looking for more healing while keeping my flexibility.

More mind/body connection. Mellowwwww. ;-)
Have a sunny day girls!

Old 06-09-22, 05:41 PM  
Jules

Hi Kate! You sure have been busy. No worries - just check in when you can. I have been doing Caroline's FUEL workouts and my glutes are feeling it! Since they are only 30ish minutes I add on other stuff. I also pick random 5 minute Cathe warmups since the FUEL workouts don't include one.

Today was the last day of school for my son and me! My daughter still has to take finals tomorrow. Unfortunately, it looks like it will rain all weekend.

Sat: IMAX 3 + Abs from Muscle Endurance
Sun: FUEL #5
Mon: FUEL #6 + Travis Short & Sweet #2
Tues: FUEL #7 + Studio Sweat Power Cycle (35m)
Wed: FUEL #8 + Party Rockin' Step 2 (42m)
Today: BodyCombat #89