Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-22, 08:46 AM  
Malinda

Jules - Oh, I LOVE ramen! That sounds delicious!

I am really impressed with Caroline’s programs. They are pretty hardcore, though, and I feel like I sort of half-a$$ some of the reps. And she does a lot of staggered and plyo pushups that I refuse to do, so I just sub regular push-ups (and end up on my knees for a lot of them). But they are quality weight workouts, for sure.

Linda - I’m usually pretty good about sticking to a rotation (my own version) once I make up my mind -- I’m just having trouble deciding on a rotation at this point. I like Caroline’s HEAT workouts, but I need some cardio in between the weight days and as I indicated above, the weight workouts are very challenging for me.

Kate - I’ve only tried a few Body Attack workouts and I thought they were really hard. I can’t imagine doing one while 9 months pregnant! Lisa is a fireball!

Kim - Hope all is well with you!

Catching up on workouts since my last post:

Th - Core de Force Active Recovery
Fri - Breathless Body
Sat - off
Sun - Les Mills/Beachbody Pump & Shred
Mon - Walk 5.0 miles
Tues - EPIC HEAT Day 6 Chest & Tris
Wed - Core de Force MMA Shred 2.0
Th - Core de Force Power Scupt
Fri - EPIC HEAT Day 3 Lower Body
Sat - LIIFT4 Week 7 Day 3 - arms & shoulders
Sun - Insanity Pure Cardio
Mon - 5 Parks Yoga - hips

Today I plan to do EPIC HEAT Day 4, Full Body FUSE Workout.

Not much going on in my world, and that’s just fine. DH and I were going to go on a workcation last week, but our car broke down the day before we were to leave, and since we only have one car now that we’ve sold mine, we had to cancel. We still took off early a few days and had some fun, so it worked out okay. The silver lining is that we found a local mechanic, which we had been needing to do, and the fix was a relatively minor thing. He is very nice and thorough, and his shop is within walking distance from our house, so that is a huge bonus!

Y’all have a great day!
Old 04-20-22, 06:34 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello all! Looks like so many of us are so busy!!

So far I am loving Caroline Girvan and Epic 1 series. I'm mixing them in with Cathe Live and various other DVDs but she's my main strength right now.

REALLY REALLY like these and didn't think I would. Today I did Day 5 HiiT Total body after I did Cathe Live 391 PHA Supersets #3.

Must have been feeling my wheaties but what a great couple of workouts. Caroline's HiiT was wicked and lots of burpees. I go slower than she does sometimes and faster on others.

Hope all are well!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-22, 11:58 AM  
Mickey12

Love your updated profile picture, Kate!!! Gotta love those grandkids!!
Old 04-22-22, 12:52 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Yup that was just from Saturday last before Easter (hence all the pink/purple pastel colors). I LOVE those babies so much there are no words.

Still really really enjoying Caroline Girvan's YouTube workouts! She should put out some DVDs!!

Yesterday I did Cathe Live 389 Kick, Jump and Jab and it was so much fun!! I really liked all the punching/kicking combos..lots of fun variations. A little floor cardio, some heavy bag (I don't have) and more combos. If any of you are subscribers, try this one!

I've still been working through Epic 1. Today I did Day 6 Arms & Abs but I also added on a 20 minute HARD upper with weights (or something like that). Holy! both were amazing, both were challenging. I've been writing down what Caroline uses for weights and try to get close to her. So far I have not gone heavier than her but within 1-2lbs.

Wishing you all a Happy Earth Day and a great weekend!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 04-25-22, 10:19 PM  
Jules

Kate - I your new pic! It sounds like you are really clicking with Caroline Girvan. Excellent!

My daughter has been in Atlanta for the DECA international conference for a few days now. It is her first time so far away from home without us. Thankfully she has been good about texting us every day.

I have been hitting the workouts pretty hard with a focus on cardio:

Tues: Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit + core work from Muscle Max
Wed: 83 min SpinCore from Studio Sweat
Thur: Circuit Max
Fri: BodyCombat 78
Sat: Terminator Gauntlet + core work from Boot Camp
Sun: Errand Day
Today: Low Max

Today was a beautiful day but we have more rain and cold weather on the way. We have definitely had our share of high winds, snow rain this spring! Hope you ladies are enjoying a bit of good weather as well.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 05:56 PM  
Jules

Hey Gals! The past couple of days have been a little bit stressful. My daughter is back from Atlanta, but she caught strep throat so I had to take her to urgent care yesterday.

There is also a bad cold going around school and I thought I had fought if off, but I have come down with a sinus infection. I am trying to tough it out without antibiotics, but I have been pretty miserable. No fever - just a headache, fatigue and lots of congestion. There is a health clinic at the school on Tuesdays, so I will get an appointment if I am still feeling yucky in a few days.

Also, a big black bear went to town on our bbq grill yesterday and I found pieces of it all over the yard. Took quite a while to clean up the mess. We have been shopping for a new grill anyway, but now we want to wait until the bear isn't hanging around. The old grill is pretty beat up, but it still works. We have security video of the bear tearing off the cover, pushing over the grill and standing on top of it. That bear is crazy powerful!

I took the last couple of days off from working out. I'm so glad it's Friday.

ETA: The DVDs I ordered from the Total Fitness sale were in my mailbox today. I got a used copy of Cathe's Basic Step and I caved on Michelle Dozois' Peak Fit Challenge.

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-30-22, 08:56 AM  
Mickey12

Jules that’s crazy getting video of the bear destroying your grill. Each spring a bear seems to find the bird feeders and pull them down and destroy some of them. I always say I am going to take them down before they come out of hibernation but I usually wait too long. It is truly amazing how strong they are. Not that you want to see your property getting wrecked, but I would love to see them displaying that strength.

Did you get Michelle’s Peak Fit set or just a single dvd? The set is really great although super tough for me. I really like the workouts but I wish they weren’t so darn hard. I don’t think you’ll have trouble with them though.
Old 04-30-22, 02:54 PM  
Jules

Kim - I bought Michelle's set. Glad to hear you like it! I have been on the fence b/c the cardio looks to be pretty high-impact, but I am very interested in the resistance work. I wonder if I can use Cathe's new bands for it? I will give it a shot. The price was right, and I figure if I don't click with the workouts I can always gift them to a friend. Of course, I do like to have a lot of DVD options for those times when streaming isn't possible. I know that Cathe's basic step workout will be pretty easy for me, but it should be good for low energy days. Heck - I might try it tomorrow! I am taking today off again b/c I am still very congested. Using my neti pot.
Old 05-02-22, 12:09 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi you guys!! I'm so sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I sort of felt in a mental slump last week. I've gained 20lbs since August and I am feeling very sluggish and dull. I really need to get the sugars and carbs out of my diet again. When I was fasting and keto I felt AMAZING.
Sorry, no more diet talk but just sayin'.

Last week: 25th was Grandparents Day at my granddaughter Brezlyn's school (K-garten) and I had a blast. She's so bright! I ate lunch with her too and we played "volleyball" at recess. Made my whole week. Someone took our picture but I haven't seen it yet.

The rest of the week I pushed with Caroline and Epic 1 but I think I overdid it. Or else maybe hurt myself pruning fruit trees and hauling brush? Or both? Anyway my top left shoulder is angry so I took it easy Thurs and Fri.
So just did CG Tues and Wed then some moderate cardio on Thurs and Fri.

Started this week with Epic 1 Day 9 Full Body Workout Dumbells No Repeat. Seemed like mostly lower body and core but some upper. I found that when I am in forearm plank, that's when my shoulder hurts. So I modified some.

I was going to just pick and choose from Caroline's various workouts, but people on one of her FB pages says it's best to just work through one Program at a time. They are designed for specific results and less injury.
So I will continue on with Epic 1. I might skip tomorrows workout Day 10 which is all burpees...we'll see how my shoulder feels.

Jules: I love Peak Fit! I have not regretted any of my Michele D purchases. I discovered her late but love her.

Kim: You could modify but then again, there are SO many good workouts, I'm sure you don't need it. ;-)

Big waves to everyone else!

Old 05-03-22, 12:16 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Me again! The sun came out in MN!!! Nearly 50 degrees! Could it be spring?

More fun with CG today. Day 11 Dumbell Quads & Abs plus I added on 20 Min Total Quads Workout. YOW! I almost didn't do the extra workout but I felt so good and legs felt strong. Which was good because the 20min workout Caroline used 15kg = 33.1 lbs!! I used my 30s and after using 20s for Day 11, this was a true finisher!

Take care everyone!