Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-22, 04:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi Dawn; thanks for the info! I did try one of her KB workouts yesterday but stopped after 10 minutes. I think I was having an off day, but I also wasn't crazy about some of the moves and how fast she was going. But there's so much out there! I do like the Lift with Cee channel that someone recently mentioned.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 05:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
I tried searching this thread and couldn't find this channel mentioned, but I ran across it by accident and it might appeal to those who like ballet, Barre, pilates and or yoga fusions. Action Jacquelyn is the name of the channel.

https://youtube.com/c/ActionJacquelyn
I actually purchased her app this year after using her workouts quite a bit. The youtube channel is good and has most of her workouts. She does youtube challenges where she'll put out a rotation of her posted workouts.
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 11:37 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Penny Barnshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Hi Dawn; thanks for the info! I did try one of her KB workouts yesterday but stopped after 10 minutes. I think I was having an off day, but I also wasn't crazy about some of the moves and how fast she was going. But there's so much out there! I do like the Lift with Cee channel that someone recently mentioned.
Beth,
I admit I haven't done any of her KB workouts - she included some KB swings and DB squat cleans in her lower body workout and I thought her form was good there.

I hope you find something you enjoy!
Old 01-15-22, 01:04 PM  
ellaenchanted

Vera LaRo looks great, too. I plan to do her workouts in February after I finish my rotation of Lift with Cee's Full Body int/advanced series.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 10:16 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Penny Barnshaw pyramid strength workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
Toaster/Beth,
I'm pretty new to Penny's workouts, and I'm limited to lower body due to injury.

If you scroll through her 30-40 min workouts playlist there's lots of strength workouts. I noticed that in many of the workouts (even the HIIT ones) she shows good low impact modifications for burpees and jumping moves.

1. Sweaty 30 Min Workout with Weights
2. 40 Min Dumbbell Power Circuit
3. Drop Set Dumbbell Workout
4. 35 Minute Total Body Dumbbell Strength

Enjoy.
Penny just posted another all strength workout, this one's a pyramid workout. 40 min long. She does compound moves, and starts doing each pyramid for 30 seconds/set, then 40 seconds, then 60, then 40, then 30 seconds...

I enjoyed this one!
Old 01-21-22, 02:30 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
I am enjoying Kristina Nekyia's (Fit & Bendy) series on how to prepare for front splits. My hamstrings have not felt this good in ages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhfvDw3Yx7A

I don't know that I'll ever get to the end goal, but it is definitely on my fitness bucket list
Thanks for sharing this. She's got a great shoulder stretch/workout that I may find beneficial.
Old 02-01-22, 01:12 PM  
alisoncooks

Can’t remember if this has been mentioned, but I’ve been enjoying the YouTube channel of Dr. Kristie Ennis:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCCq4wJn0zh05i5VI1jmDN5g

She has a lot of short pain relief videos, as well as some Pilates style toning workouts of different lengths. The sound quality isn’t the best (and that’s a pet peeve of mine!) but I deal with it because I like the content.

She also has several videos that use/market some fascia tool that she sells on a website. I ignore those (not necessarily because I think anything wrong of it; I’m just not interested. And it’s super overpriced.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 10:28 PM  
Bluebelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Can’t remember if this has been mentioned, but I’ve been enjoying the YouTube channel of Dr. Kristie Ennis:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCCq4wJn0zh05i5VI1jmDN5g

She has a lot of short pain relief videos, as well as some Pilates style toning workouts of different lengths. The sound quality isn’t the best (and that’s a pet peeve of mine!) but I deal with it because I like the content.

She also has several videos that use/market some fascia tool that she sells on a website. I ignore those (not necessarily because I think anything wrong of it; I’m just not interested. And it’s super overpriced.)
I really like her videos too. Helpful and quick to the point.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 10:37 PM  
wendug

I saw this YT workout on Popsugar the other day. If you love burpees...this workout is for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTfpx9O4QF0

You will complete 100 burpees in this 30 minute workout. Since I love a challenge, I might try this if I'm feeling especially strong one day.
It does look tough, though!
Old 06-02-22, 04:46 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Kicked Up Step CIA 2K04

Kicked Up Step CIA 2K04 with Becky Chamberlain. I had read here about her tin foil outfit. It's quite a sight.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, keli roberts, natalie jill, penny barnshaw, youtube, youtube channels, youtube instructors, youtube workouts, youtube yoga