Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-29-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still plugging along w/ WS 1.0 Phase II - My Way - today was supposed to be Interval Max or the 30 Min HIIT walk, instead I did:

Caroline Jordan - Diabetes Low Impact Cardio
Caroline Jordan - Diabetes Exercise for Weight Loss
Caroline Jordan - Diabetes Home Workout

These were about 10 minutes each and taught interval style 50 seconds on/10 seconds off - body weight and low impact. I don't have diabetes, but I can see how these can be useful in reducing blood sugar.

I also did:

Jessica Valent - Gentle Pilates For Beginners

Last night I took my doggie for a short walk, it was very warm and we aren't used to the heat yet, so we kept it short. I also did Jessica Valent's new routine for hip pain. It had a good mix of exercises for me.

Hopefully I will get a walk in later today, too.

Carol - B3 sounds good. Maybe i need Define & Align since I missed the deal! I still need to order Jenny's walking series...I think I will order through Mary.

Linda - yes, I agree - all dogs need training. My Lab is not great w/ other dogs, but back when she was able to walk (she is now quite disabled), I always had her on a leash and could control her. She was definitely more bark than bite, but it could freak out another dog to have her barking at them.

Christine - glad you and DH have been walking and that you are still doing Shaped by Faith. I am over whatever it was that I had last week. I get my 2nd COVID shot on Monday so hopefully will at least get over that hump soon.

Dana - I will join you and Linda on Sunday w/ an Ellen! I am not sure which one, I may do her Fat Burning Fusion 2 from her paid site.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 09:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I'm glad you will be joining us Sunday. Your substitution for Jessica's workout sounds like it was perfect. I'm sorry your dog is so disabled.

Carol I will probably pick up Define and Align at some point. I will get Jenny's set at some point, too, but through Mary. But for now, I have to decide on Cathe's. It's kind of exciting that we have some options this year.

Dana hope you're getting your groove back! We all get that blah feeling from time to time.

Today was supposed to be a bootCamp workout in Cathe's rotation but I subbed in more pure cardio. I knew I would need it that way. So I did Tracie's Power Up and an oldie Stephanie Steele knockout workout aerobic challenge. Headed soon to get some yoga in.

Sending Happy FriYay wishes to Brenda and Christine!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 05:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday ended up being a rest day. I got home from work late and had a Zoom meeting at 6. By the time I got done with that, I wasn't terribly interested in exercising. Oh well, I looked at my April calendar and it was time for a Rest Day anyway.

Donna & Linda - I like Define and Align because of the quality of the workouts, not the quality of the production. It's a pretty low budget production and has been criticized on the General Discussion forum because of that lack of production quality.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 08:03 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Donna & Linda - I like Define and Align because of the quality of the workouts, not the quality of the production. It's a pretty low budget production and has been criticized on the General Discussion forum because of that lack of production quality.

Carol
Yes, I saw that. I have been reading your breakdowns (and Dana's thoughts too) and I follow her on Instagram . So when I purchase I am pretty sure I know what to expect. I might have not been happy if I wasn't aware but I appreciate the warning. Her set seems to hit different areas that would appeal to me so I look forward to it. I do wish it was a little cheaper though.

It's like one of you said though...if the workout is good, then I want to support the DVD production as I can afford to do. I have decided not to buy a single plant this year and use all that money on my fitness in order to make that happen. If anything else comes along that interests me later, then I will figure a way to make it happen. No more putting me last!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-30-21, 08:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I took a short walk w/ my Golden. The weather was looking a bit iffy, so I cut it short. We didn't run into the "Family" this time. My Golden is pretty non-reactive to most dogs, but there are a few in our neighborhood that set her off - I guess there is some doggie body language going on that I don't understand. One dog seems to "stalk" her, so she does get upset when she sees him, understandably!

Today's workouts were:

Stephanie Huckabee - Power Fit Harmony - Upper Body - this was a nice substitute for what was on the WS 1.0 rotation - which was upper body. I am thinking of repeating the WS 1.0 rotation in May by just plugging in whatever instructor I want that fits the workout prescription of the day. It would be a good way to make use of my multitude of DVDs that are often pushed to the side in favor or You Tube or streaming.

I also did:

Jessica Valent - 10 min Upper Body - this was all body weight
Jessica Valent - Hip Pain Routine - this one has just about everything I need - bridge work, some extension, side lying leg work, some hamstring/sciatic glide exercises.

Carol - I'm ok with less than stellar production if the workout is good....it looks like a nice, varied set. I don't blame you for taking a rest day yesterday!

Linda - thanks, my Lab is up there in years plus she has some health problems from less than ideal care in her youth. We got her from a rescue and she had lyme disease and other illnesses that could have been prevented. It is a combo of her age, arthritis and her Lyme that has affected her. She still likes to eat though and hangs out w/ us.

Waves, Christine, Brenda and Dana!

Donna
Old 04-30-21, 09:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Team Body Project Standing Low Impact Beginner Workout - 31min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBV0...ist=LL&index=1
WH Cardio, Strength & Pilates Blast - 26min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skp1BxYwaZU&t=331s

TBP beginner workout was actually quite good and not for absolute beginners either, so I felt somewhat out of breath during some moves. I'll have to look into some more of their workouts because I enjoyed this one. The guy still talked a lot, but at 8am it wasn't as irritating to me as it was at 5am.

Workout Hotel workout was excellent. As usual, Karen packed a lot into 26 minutes. Efficient, creative and a very enjoyable workout. Her workouts are very much my style. Once I cancel 2 of my other streaming subscriptions at the end of this year, I will be signing up for WH.

Beautiful day here today. Sunny and high in the 50s but back up to lower 80s tomorrow. Still, our sunset is now at almost 8pm and I'm beginning to feel the effects of reverse SAD. Too much sun and daylight for me.

I'm hoping I'm getting my workout groove back, and I'm looking forward to doing Ellen on Sunday.

Waves to all!
Old 04-30-21, 06:47 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
If anything else comes along that interests me later, then I will figure a way to make it happen. No more putting me last!
Bravo, Linda! I feel the same way. I spend very little on myself, so when it comes to my fitness purchases I try to find a way to buy it too. No regrets.
Old 04-30-21, 07:37 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana Thanks definitely doing with no regrets!

Donna that's awful to hear your dog feels stalked And your plan sounds great... flexibility with guidance! That's basically what I'm doing.

Today was yard maintenance but I managed to get my workout done first. I did mobility, get up practice and push pull swing challenge day #11.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening

Old 05-01-21, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was scheduled to be lower body, so I did:

Caroline Jordan - Hip, Butt and Thighs Mini Loop Band - this was very PT inspired. You use the mini loop band around your knees or ankles for a variety of exercises:

Monster Walks
Squat
Deadlift
A step back type move

You repeat that standing series 4X, then you go to the floor for

Bridges
Bridges w/ outer thigh
Fire Hydrants
Clamshells

You repeat that series 3X and then do a bridge finisher

this would be a great routine to do regularly to help wake up your glutes and hips that get so sleepy from all the sitting we do.

I was thinking that I would keep a mini loop band in my office and do a circuit of these exercises periodically throughout the day.

I also do a Yoga w/ Bird practice, I think she is doing a morning/evening yoga challenge for May. Her stuff is easy to fit in - this morning's was only 5 minutes.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday- will be walking later once the wind dies down.

Donna
Old 05-01-21, 12:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

May thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...04#post2924004